[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
See if the issue persists with a clean build.

And BTW, for a clean build, you just do "rm -rf out".

rm -rf out deletes the out directory right? Doesn't make clobber do the same?
Did 'rm -rf out' and then make bacon. Stopped at the exact same place like before.

Code:
frameworks/base/libs/binder/Parcel.cpp:488: error: prototype for 'bool android::Parcel::enforceInterface(const android::String16&) const' does not match any in class 'android::Parcel'
frameworks/base/include/binder/Parcel.h:77: error: candidate is: bool android::Parcel::enforceInterface(const android::String16&, android::IPCThreadState*) const
make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libbinder_intermediates/Parcel.o] Error 1

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
rm -rf out deletes the out directory right? Doesn't make clobber do the same?
Did 'rm -rf out' and then make bacon. Stopped at the exact same place like before.

Code:
frameworks/base/libs/binder/Parcel.cpp:488: error: prototype for 'bool android::Parcel::enforceInterface(const android::String16&) const' does not match any in class 'android::Parcel'
frameworks/base/include/binder/Parcel.h:77: error: candidate is: bool android::Parcel::enforceInterface(const android::String16&, android::IPCThreadState*) const
make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libbinder_intermediates/Parcel.o] Error 1

Remove _INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_ from your global cflags in BoardConfig.mk.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I figured out why CNA was throwing me those errors. There wasn't even a lzo folder in external! How have they been building this whole time? Lol

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a dev thread but I wanted to throw this out here. Has anyone followed any of these dev's work?
FranciscoFranco github xda homepage
Imoseyon github xda homepage
LordClockan github xda

These are kernel devs with threads of over 1 million views each- tweaking for performance. One has Facebook page just for his kernel. Just wondering what all the fuss might be about.

Franco has an LG P500 kernel he'd worked on which is very similar to our phone. Didn't know if there were any tricks that we'd benefit from.

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Looked at this closer today. It looks to be a clever hack for backward compatibility. But it relies on _INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_ only being set internally, not globally. For some reason the BoardConfig.mk that I snagged from lupohirp has this set as a global cflag and that's what is causing the issue. So here's the real fix, in my device/lge/thunderc/BoardConfig.mk:

Code:
-COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -D_INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_ -DUSE_LGE_ALS_DUMMY
+COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DUSE_LGE_ALS_DUMMY

I remember now, the reason I didn't have '_INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_' in boardconfig.mk file is because I got a different error for which thekraven suggested to use your fix. Thats when I changed the - line to + by removing that. So, the last error came despite that edit. Ideas?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be a total noob but are you guys doing this from your guys phone? If so wat app is it? Is it just terminal emulator?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Oh no, it would take weeks to compile on a phone and it's not supported anyway. But I think at least one person is connecting to the build server with Android. I'd guess connectbot on a tablet but who knows.

Reactions: arnold1997

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just ran into a "different" error today.
Code:
gannon5197@icsbox:~/android/CNA$ make -j4 CNA_RELEASE=true
============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.3
TARGET_PRODUCT=cna_thunderc
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=IML74K
============================================
build/core/base_rules.mk:78: *** Module name: busybox
build/core/base_rules.mk:79: *** Makefile location: external/busybox
build/core/base_rules.mk:80: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:81: * Each module must use a LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS in its
build/core/base_rules.mk:82: * Android.mk. Possible tags declared by a module:
build/core/base_rules.mk:83: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:84: *     optional, debug, eng, tests, samples
build/core/base_rules.mk:85: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:86: * If the module is expected to be in all builds
build/core/base_rules.mk:87: * of a product, then it should use the
build/core/base_rules.mk:88: * "optional" tag: 
build/core/base_rules.mk:89: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:90: *    Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional" in the
build/core/base_rules.mk:91: *    Android.mk for the affected module, and add
build/core/base_rules.mk:92: *    the LOCAL_MODULE value for that component
build/core/base_rules.mk:93: *    into the PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of product
build/core/base_rules.mk:94: *    makefile(s) where it's necessary, if
build/core/base_rules.mk:95: *    appropriate.
build/core/base_rules.mk:96: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:97: * If the component should be in EVERY build of ALL
build/core/base_rules.mk:98: * products, then add its LOCAL_MODULE value to the
build/core/base_rules.mk:99: * PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of
build/core/base_rules.mk:100: * build/target/product/core.mk
build/core/base_rules.mk:101: * 
build/core/base_rules.mk:102: *** user tag detected on new module - user tags are only supported on legacy modules.  Stop.
gannon5197@icsbox:~/android/CNA$

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh no, it would take weeks to compile on a phone and it's not supported anyway. But I think at least one person is connecting to the build server with Android. I'd guess connectbot on a tablet but who knows.

Oh lol ok thanx for a second i thought WHOAH! Lol

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I do it from my phone with connectbot and it runs fine. Just hard to fix errors

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be a total noob but are you guys doing this from your guys phone? If so wat app is it? Is it just terminal emulator?

There are two computers in this house hooked up to the one TV. The littler kids like to kick me off and watch smosh on YouTube for hours. So I use connectbot on my phone for SSH. I wish I had a login on the build server....

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
There are two computers in this house hooked up to the one TV. The littler kids like to kick me off and watch smosh on YouTube for hours. So I use connectbot on my phone for SSH. I wish I had a login on the build server....

Pm leslieann. I'm sure there are more spots open

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Good to know about ConnectBot, thanks. I've never done anything with SSH before, but I picked up Better Terminal Emulator Pro one time when it was on sale, and I remember seeing that it could do that. Nice to know the array of options though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk