[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
tdm, for making aokp, do I need to do the webrtc fix and other fixes you pointed in this thread. Also, do I need to move the files you pointed in post 93 and 198? the dalvik, qcom gps and other files.
There were modifications to several Android.mk and other files which I'm not sure what they are. Any pointers about that I will be really grateful. Any thing else I need to do to get a build?

Reactions: justlovejoy

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
got this error now.

Code:
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1634: warning: (near initialization for ‘problem_table[298].e2p_description’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1644: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1644: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[0].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1645: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1645: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[1].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1646: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1646: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[2].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1647: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1647: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[3].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1648: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1648: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[4].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1649: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1649: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[5].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1650: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1650: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[6].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1651: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1651: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[7].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1652: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1652: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[8].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1653: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1653: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[9].flags’)
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1654: warning: missing initializer
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/problem.c:1654: warning: (near initialization for ‘pr_latch_info[10].flags’)
host C: e2fsck_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/message.c
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/message.c: In function ‘expand_inode_expression’:
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/message.c:266: warning: unused variable ‘t’
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/message.c: In function ‘expand_dirent_expression’:
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/message.c:378: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
host C: e2fsck_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/swapfs.c
host C: e2fsck_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/ea_refcount.c
host C: e2fsck_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c: In function ‘fill_dir_block’:
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c:124: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c: In function ‘copy_dir_entries’:
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c:443: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c: In function ‘e2fsck_rehash_dir’:
external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/rehash.c:752: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
host C: e2fsck_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/region.c
host C: libext2_profile_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/prof_err.c
host C: libext2_profile_host <= external/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/profile.c
host SharedLib: libext2_profile_host (out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libext2_profile.so)
host Executable: e2fsck_host (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/e2fsck_host_intermediates/e2fsck)
true
Install: out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck
make: Target `otapackage' not remade because of errors.
anathma@icsbox:~/ics$

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to build a ROM from source so I can maybe muck about with the internals and try to do something useful for myself and the community.

This particular question relates to tdm's quattrimus source -- a few days ago he mentioned that he put the latest sources up on his github. I can see repos for the Optimus V have been updated (vendor vm670, device vm670), but one thing that hasn't been updated recently is the 'android' repo. This is the repo that pulls in all the various pieces of the android tree, when I run a repo init/sync, right? What I'm wondering is if I repo init/sync with tdm's android git repo, is that going to pull in his latest sources?

Just to humor me, could someone please give me the repo init command that I could use to grab a copy of his latest sources?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I would like to build a ROM from source so I can maybe muck about with the internals and try to do something useful for myself and the community.

This particular question relates to tdm's quattrimus source -- a few days ago he mentioned that he put the latest sources up on his github. I can see repos for the Optimus V have been updated (vendor vm670, device vm670), but one thing that hasn't been updated recently is the 'android' repo. This is the repo that pulls in all the various pieces of the android tree, when I run a repo init/sync, right? What I'm wondering is if I repo init/sync with tdm's android git repo, is that going to pull in his latest sources?

Just to humor me, could someone please give me the repo init command that I could use to grab a copy of his latest sources?

Thanks in advance.

Well you're somewhat right. TDM has an android folder here: https://github.com/tdm/android/tree/ics
But it hasn't been updated as with the rest of his other stuff. So it will not grab his latest files. So you can do 2 things here:

1. Sync up with CMs repo and git clone his device and vendor files
2. Manually edit the default.xml file to grab his latest stuff.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

Don't bother with the android tree. I set that up for IHO and haven't used it for ICS at all. I should delete it.

Just init using CM9, then create a local_manifest.xml with my device and vendor trees.

Reactions: glarepate

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In case anybody wants to help, I just compiled a successful CNA build and have pushed my changes to git. I can't get it to boot correctly. It takes ~20 minutes because I keep getting this error:
Code:
W/SurfaceFlinger(  134): ANDROID_WAIT_FOR_FB_WAKE failed (Bad file number)
Over and over and over and over. Lol.
But yeah, any/all help would be greatly appreciated

commands:
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/gannon5197/android_manifest.git -b mod-4.0.4
repo sync -j16*
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch
mka -j4* CNA_RELEASE=true
*- These are changable. Don't include the stars in the command, just letting you know that they are changeable. This is the numbers I use.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Code:
  Prerequisite `out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libext2_e2p.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/e2fsck_host_intermediates/e2fsck'.
      No need to remake target `out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/e2fsck_host_intermediates/e2fsck'.
      Pruning file `out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp'.
      Pruning file `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2fs.so'.
      Pruning file `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_blkid.so'.
      Pruning file `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_uuid.so'.
      Pruning file `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_profile.so'.
      Pruning file `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_com_err.so'.
      Pruning file `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_e2p.so'.
     Finished prerequisites of target file `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/e2fsck_host_intermediates/e2fsck' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp' is order-only for target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2fs.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_blkid.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_uuid.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_profile.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_com_err.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
     Prerequisite `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libext2_e2p.so' is older than target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
    No need to remake target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/e2fsck'.
    Pruning file `out/host/linux-x86/bin/make_ext4fs'.
   Finished prerequisites of target file `out/target/product/thunderc/aokp_thunderc-ota-eng.anathma.zip'.
  Giving up on target file `out/target/product/thunderc/aokp_thunderc-ota-eng.anathma.zip'.
 Finished prerequisites of target file `otapackage'.
Giving up on target file `otapackage'.
make: Target `otapackage' not remade because of errors.
anathma@icsbox:~/ics$

Help :-\

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
In case anybody wants to help, I just compiled a successful CNA build and have pushed my changes to git. I can't get it to boot correctly. It takes ~20 minutes because I keep getting this error:
Code:
W/SurfaceFlinger(  134): ANDROID_WAIT_FOR_FB_WAKE failed (Bad file number)
Over and over and over and over. Lol.
But yeah, any/all help would be greatly appreciated

commands:
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/gannon5197/android_manifest.git -b mod-4.0.4
repo sync -j16*
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch
mka -j4* CNA_RELEASE=true
*- These are changable. Don't include the stars in the command, just letting you know that they are changeable. This is the numbers I use.

@gannon Maybe CONFIG_WAKELOCK and CONFIG_EARLYSUSPEND and CONFIG_FB_EARLYSUSPEND are disabled in the kernel. Or I think I have seen this linked to init.rc before.
check https://bugs.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+bug/906210

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't find those lines anywhere. I forgot how to search for lines in the terminal as well. Anny file in particular that you recommend looking in? I tried init.rc

in the kernel .config
in both my kernels i have handy (tdm's ics kernel and my iho kernel)those 3 are enabled, and i haven't messed with those settings

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
https://github.com/BobZhome/lge-kernel-msm7x27/tree/android-msm-2.6.35/kernel
You wanna help me look for it? Lol I'm not the greatest with kernels. I really should get around to learning more.

https://github.com/BobZhome/android_kernel_thunderc/blob/VM670-IHO/arch/arm/configs/chaos_defconfig
his (and my) .32 kernel for iho doesnt have config_fb_earlysuspend enabled (search for it) but it doesnt bother iho...

https://github.com/tdm/GingerKernel-thunderc/blob/master/.config
tdm's gingerkernel has all 3 of those enabled..

which kernel are you using in the rom?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't bother with the android tree. I set that up for IHO and haven't used it for ICS at all. I should delete it.

Just init using CM9, then create a local_manifest.xml with my device and vendor trees.

So being a noob, I think I'm doing something wrong. After several tries of putting different things in different places, I was able to get 'brunch' to run, but when I make bacon I get an error. Could someone double check my work? Here's what I've done:

Code:
mkdir cm9
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

Then I created the .repo/local_manifest.xml with this in it
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <manifest>
<project path="device/lge/VM670" name="tdm/android_device_lge_VM670" remote="github" revision="ics-cm" />
<project path="vendor/lge/VM670" name="tdm/android_vendor_lge_VM670" remote="github" revision="ics-cm" />
<project path="device/lge/thunderc-common" name="tdm/android_device_lge_thunderc-common" remote="github" revision="ics-cm" />
</manifest>

Everything checks out fine. Then I run 'brunch VM670' and this message prints out twice :

Code:
Looking for dependencies
Dependencies file not found, bailing out.

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.4
TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_VM670
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=IMM76D

But when I make -j8 bacon, I get this error:

Code:
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:37: ***************************************************************
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:38: *                                                             *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:39: * No kernel source found, and no fallback prebuilt defined.   *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:40: * Please make sure your device is properly configured to      *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:41: * download the kernel repository to kernel/lge/VM670
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:42: * and add the TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG variable to AndroidBoard.mk*
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:43: *                                                             *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:44: * As an alternative, define the TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL        *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:45: * variable with the path to the prebuilt binary kernel image  *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:46: * in your AndroidBoard.mk file                                *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:47: *                                                             *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:48: ***************************************************************
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:49: *** "NO KERNEL".  Stop.

I'm not sure which kernel I need to use. Should I be using the codeaurora one from tdm's repo, or lupohirp's lge-kernel-msm7x27, or just grabbing pre-built kernel image out of one of the ROMs?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
So being a noob, I think I'm doing something wrong. After several tries of putting different things in different places, I was able to get 'brunch' to run, but when I make bacon I get an error. Could someone double check my work? Here's what I've done:

Code:
mkdir cm9
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

Then I created the .repo/local_manifest.xml with this in it
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <manifest>
<project path="device/lge/VM670" name="tdm/android_device_lge_VM670" remote="github" revision="ics-cm" />
<project path="vendor/lge/VM670" name="tdm/android_vendor_lge_VM670" remote="github" revision="ics-cm" />
<project path="device/lge/thunderc-common" name="tdm/android_device_lge_thunderc-common" remote="github" revision="ics-cm" />
</manifest>

Everything checks out fine. Then I run 'brunch VM670' and this message prints out twice :

Code:
Looking for dependencies
Dependencies file not found, bailing out.

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.4
TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_VM670
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=IMM76D

But when I make -j8 bacon, I get this error:

Code:
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:37: ***************************************************************
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:38: *                                                             *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:39: * No kernel source found, and no fallback prebuilt defined.   *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:40: * Please make sure your device is properly configured to      *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:41: * download the kernel repository to kernel/lge/VM670
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:42: * and add the TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG variable to AndroidBoard.mk*
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:43: *                                                             *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:44: * As an alternative, define the TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL        *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:45: * variable with the path to the prebuilt binary kernel image  *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:46: * in your AndroidBoard.mk file                                *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:47: *                                                             *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:48: ***************************************************************
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:49: *** "NO KERNEL".  Stop.

I'm not sure which kernel I need to use. Should I be using the codeaurora one from tdm's repo, or lupohirp's lge-kernel-msm7x27, or just grabbing pre-built kernel image out of one of the ROMs?

I uses gingerkernel-thunderc from tdm since that's what he used in quattrimus

Reactions: KarateSnowMachine
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

So I added a line to download the 'gingerkernel-thunderc' from tdm's git into kernel/lge/VM670, but now I'm getting a new build error about a missing defconfig file:

Code:
*** Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/thunderc-VM670_defconfig"!

My first instinct is just to symlink thunderc-sprint-perf_defconfig->thunderc-VM670_defconfig and call it a day, but I have a feeling that's not the right thing to do.

EDIT: so I actually tried symlinking it just to see what would happen and the build process rolled past that error. Wonder if my ROM will be completely busted, haha.

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

So I added a line to download the 'gingerkernel-thunderc' from tdm's git into kernel/lge/VM670, but now I'm getting a new build error about a missing defconfig file:

Code:
*** Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/thunderc-VM670_defconfig"!

My first instinct is just to symlink thunderc-sprint-perf_defconfig->thunderc-VM670_defconfig and call it a day, but I have a feeling that's not the right thing to do.

EDIT: so I actually tried symlinking it just to see what would happen and the build process rolled past that error. Wonder if my ROM will be completely busted, haha.

thats exactly what i did and its working well

Reactions: KarateSnowMachine
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hm, now I'm getting something really strange. When I do a clean checkout of tdm's gingerkernel-thunderc and symlink the defconfig files as mentioned above, the build begins and then I get this:

Code:
make -C kernel/lge/VM670 O=/home/paul/cm9/out/target/product/VM670/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/paul/cm9/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- zImage
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/paul/mnt/cm9/kernel/lge/VM670'
  GEN     /home/paul/cm9/out/target/product/VM670/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig:849:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig:1086:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
  Using /home/paul/mnt/cm9/kernel/lge/VM670 as source for kernel
  /home/paul/mnt/cm9/kernel/lge/VM670 is not clean, please run 'make mrproper'
  in the '/home/paul/mnt/cm9/kernel/lge/VM670' directory.
make[2]: *** [prepare3] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/mnt/cm9/kernel/lge/VM670'
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2

Anyone have any suggestions?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hm, now I'm getting something really strange. When I do a clean checkout of tdm's gingerkernel-thunderc and symlink the defconfig files as mentioned above, the build begins and then I get this:

Code:
make -C kernel/lge/VM670 O=/home/paul/cm9/out/target/product/VM670/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/paul/cm9/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi- zImage
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/paul/mnt/cm9/kernel/lge/VM670'
  GEN     /home/paul/cm9/out/target/product/VM670/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig:849:warning: defaults for choice values not supported
drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig:1086:warning: defaults for choice values not supported

cd into kernel/lge/vm670 and run make mrproper then git checkout scripts/

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Code:

Crazy idea, but have you tried doing what it asks? ;)

The LG sources have a bunch of crap that shouldn't be checked in. I have removed some of it but not all.

Oh, and what do you mean symlinked the defconfig? You should be doing "make thunderc-VM670_defconfig". I don't think symlinking is a recommended practice (though it's an interesting way to do things).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae