Alex's (Blarf)
repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b ics

Starting to get the pattern?

Reactions: sellers86

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I would recommend syncing with CM's repo, then manually adding in tdm's converted device and vendor folders for lge/thunderc, the one's he cribbed from lupohirp's repo. That's the base that we are working from to eventually get a unified push to IHO. You will have to add in mikegapinki's webrtc fix, tdm's vendor/cm/tools fix, and bring init.thunderc.rc and init.rc a bit more inline with IHO's version to get beyond tdm's alpha 1. ;)

Right now, there is no single repository that is best, we are all experimenting with various things, and hesitant to push changes to our various github repos since it's such a pita to revert once published. Both Bob's and Blarf's have used different versions of the device and vendor trees, but they should produce bootable builds. Bob's will have more working atm (might even have a lot more working than I'm aware of, he's been busy on a new kernel, so I'm not sure where the rest of his ICS stands now), Blarf has had a lot on his plate lately, and is pulling changes in about once a week or so.

FYI- tdm got the ICS project going for the OV, so I'm deferring to his decisions on how/when/what. Once we get started beta testing, things should be a bit easier to handle, since we should be working from a unified repository by then. Right now, unless you are very comfortable with git, it can be a nightmare fetching/merging/pulling/rebasing/committing/reverting/rebasing-again/etc/etc. I have borked my build environment 3 times in the past two weeks, thank god for backups, and for LeslieAnn's build server! ;)

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I would recommend syncing with CM's repo, then manually adding in tdm's converted device and vendor folders for lge/thunderc, the one's he cribbed from lupohirp's repo. That's the base that we are working from to eventually get a unified push to IHO. You will have to add in mikegapinki's webrtc fix, tdm's vendor/cm/tools fix, and bring init.thunderc.rc and init.rc a bit more inline with IHO's version to get beyond tdm's alpha 1. ;)

Right now, there is no single repository that is best, we are all experimenting with various things, and hesitant to push changes to our various github repos since it's such a pita to revert once published. Both Bob's and Blarf's have used different versions of the device and vendor trees, but they should produce bootable builds. Bob's will have more working atm (might even have a lot more working than I'm aware of, he's been busy on a new kernel, so I'm not sure where the rest of his ICS stands now), Blarf has had a lot on his plate lately, and is pulling changes in about once a week or so.

FYI- tdm got the ICS project going for the OV, so I'm deferring to his decisions on how/when/what. Once we get started beta testing, things should be a bit easier to handle, since we should be working from a unified repository by then. Right now, unless you are very comfortable with git, it can be a nightmare fetching/merging/pulling/rebasing/committing/reverting/rebasing-again/etc/etc. I have borked my build environment 3 times in the past two weeks, thank god for backups, and for LeslieAnn's build server! ;)

I'm using leslieanns build server :D I love it. And have you thought about creating a new git for pushing different tests? all of this sounds a bit confusing, but ill get it. I've tried bobs git, but Ikeep getting make errors. But thanks gannon and jerry! I'm excited to get started with developing ics haha

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using leslieanns build server :D I love it. And have you thought about creating a new git for pushing different tests? all of this sounds a bit confusing, but ill get it. I've tried bobs git, but Ikeep getting make errors. But thanks gannon and jerry! I'm excited to get started with developing ics haha

I got make errors on bob's git too. Please list which one you got and put it here. I'm sure I know how to fix it

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I got this:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm3.so', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm3.so'. Stop.

and tdm said to do this:

I yanked the CM proprietary stuff out from vendor/cm/config/common.mk:

Code:
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
- vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk:system/app/RomManager.apk \
- vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk:system/app/Term.apk \
- vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm3.so:system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm3
vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip
Don't know if there's a better way, but I didn't want RomManager and there's several terminals in the market.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I got this:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm3.so', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm3.so'. Stop.

and tdm said to do this:

I yanked the CM proprietary stuff out from vendor/cm/config/common.mk:

Code:
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
- vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk:system/app/RomManager.apk \
- vendor/cm/proprietary/Term.apk:system/app/Term.apk \
- vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm3.so:system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm3
vendor/cm/prebuilt/common/bootanimation.zip:system/media/bootanimation.zip
Don't know if there's a better way, but I didn't want RomManager and there's several terminals in the market.

I havent gotten this error yet. I dont think ive made it that far in the make. But thanks for the tip ill remember it when I run into the error. Im sure I will haha

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My current repo is build-able, but please do not post any roms you get from it...TDM's alpha is all we need right now. Please just use the builds for personal use and helping development.

With that being said, do the following:
1) change to the directory where you create the repositories...mine is: cd ~/android/system
2) then: ~/android/system/vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
3) when that finishes downloading: . build/envsetup.sh
4) then: lunch
5) choose the number for thunderc-user, mine happens to be 5
6) make bacon

Bob

Reactions: rukin5197

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My current repo is build-able, but please do not post any roms you get from it...TDM's alpha is all we need right now. Please just use the builds for personal use and helping development.

1) change to the directory where you create the repositories...mine is: cd ~/android/system
6) make bacon

Bob

I wasn't planning on using it for anything but development. Thanks bob! I'll try it out later

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

6) make bacon

Bob
Still no luck. Asadullah had the same problem on the dev thread but I didn't ever find a solution

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck. Asadullah had the same problem on the dev thread but I didn't ever find a solution

I don't recommend this- but if I run into an error that isn't solved within ~2 days, I delete my whole ~/android/system and ~/bin and start over with my repo. Like I said, don't recommend doing this, but it's just what I do.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't recommend this- but if I run into an error that isn't solved within ~2 days, I delete my whole ~/android/system and ~/bin and start over with my repo. Like I said, don't recommend doing this, but it's just what I do.
I would but I'm using leslieanns build server so I'm not sure if I can without messing something up

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I would but I'm using leslieanns build server so I'm not sure if I can without messing something up

Ouch.. well good luck :)
This is part of the reason I'm not using her build server yet. I feel that I'm a git noob, so I don't want to mess with any progress

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy