Before when I was using Android 2.2 that came with the phone, every message I sent that was longer than one message would be sent as one long message although obviously it would send as separate messages to the person receiving them. And when I get two messages it will of course be sent as two messages when i get it.

However I flashed a ROM from thaunknownartist which is ICSandwich 2.3.7 - Final Edition. And each time i send a message longer than 160 characters, it come up on the screen split into two messages. When i check on the settings to not split the messages, it would not send the message and give me an error code: -1. Is there a way I can send a long message from my end without splitting it into two messages?

Thank You.
    03-03-2012 09:11 PM
    Older version of Android would still split long messages into more then one. text messages can only send 160 characters, it may have looked like one message to you but to the receiver they were more then likely split messages. You can go into your settings and have your phone place tags like (1/2) so the order isn't confused if that is your concern

Or if it is a really long message send it as a MMS instead. MMS are not limited on characters.
    03-03-2012 09:30 PM
    it may have looked like one message to you but to the receiver they were more then likely split messages.
    Exactly!! That's what I want. I want it to look like one message to me. I know fully that it is really two messages but it was so much easier for me to have it seem as one. Is there anyway to get it to look like that again? Maybe there's another .apk for the messaging app or something that i can flash in order to achieve this?
    03-03-2012 09:37 PM
    Exactly!! That's what I want. I want it to look like one message to me. I know fully that it is really two messages but it was so much easier for me to have it seem as one. Is there anyway to get it to look like that again? Maybe there's another .apk for the messaging app or something that i can flash in order to achieve this?
    Not with the current system for text messages.

MMS can have long text messages as one message but not everyone can receive MMS. you and the receiver could both use a chat client like ChatOn or kik instead of actual texting.
    03-03-2012 09:47 PM
    yea but the stock rom that came with this phone was able to do that by default.
    03-03-2012 09:49 PM
    yea but the stock rom that came with this phone was able to do that by default.
    looking like it and actually being so are two different things. Even on stock my longer messages were still received as multiple parts by the people i was texting.

I can't say your wrong i had stock for about a week it was the old Optimus with 2.2.1 but as i know it, its impossible with just straight text messages
    03-03-2012 09:50 PM
    ahhh you probably misunderstood me. I don't want it to actually be one message because i know that's impossible. But i want it to look like it is one.
    03-03-2012 09:57 PM
    ahhh you probably misunderstood me. I don't want it to actually be one message because i know that's impossible. But i want it to look like it is one.
    Have you tried a different messaging app like GoSMS?
    03-03-2012 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD