03-08-2012 11:15 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    i had tov install the jdk 7 so all jerrys instrusctions are invalid... and im stucks
    03-06-2012 09:24 PM
    jerry you can help me here... all your lines that have to do with jdk 6 dont work no more because of oracle closing the repository for openjdk and now i get this

Code:
    root@ubuntu:~# sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    gnupg is already the newest version.
    zip is already the newest version.
    Package sun-java6-jdk is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package sun-java6-jdk has no installation candidate
    what do i do now
    03-06-2012 09:45 PM
    I don't know if java7 will work, you need to use Sun's java6 afaik.

Google is your friend here. Don't make me pull out lmgtfy, if you want to dev, you gotta do some research!
    03-06-2012 11:47 PM
    google is my friend... java isnt i even used java 6update31.bin installed via making a new floder cslled programs CDing into it installing the java6 repo installing java6 jdk and running your first code l9je in the thred nanda
    03-07-2012 12:05 AM
    Here's something to watch for, allot of your posts have misspelling and extra letters. Spelling is deadly important in coding one misspell or typo or misplaced word or punctuation will kill your code or worse it will run to that error then..... brick.
    03-08-2012 01:29 AM
    You are new at this, errors happen. I started from scratch almost a dozen times before my first successful build.

Follow my instructions using WiBu in the Build Your Own ROM thread. Dozens of people have followed those instructions. I can help you if anything causes issues with those instructions, but if you deviate from them for your own reasons (I couldn't get this to work so I did this), then you will have to find advice from someone familiar with the path you choose.
    03-08-2012 04:04 AM
    Honestly, I already had java installed and it was giving me the error he's saying above. Actually, giving me an error for one of the 64 bit packages too. So I just deleted the line that it said didn't work and let the others install. I haven't run into any problems yet, but if you do it, you're definitely going to have to find a replacement for java6
    03-08-2012 05:44 AM
    again cant use wibu youj need internet to get the ource i couldnt find it for ther life of me still cant the first and second lines return that error
    03-08-2012 12:55 PM
    i allways copy and pase from the websites im looking at the only thing i type out is sudo -i (root)
    03-08-2012 12:56 PM
    Java 7 won't work, stick with sun Java 6
    03-08-2012 02:04 PM
    Besides the fact that I am working with IHO to make a GingerBread 2.3.3. Here are some guides and tips that got me started...

Step One.
    Set up Linux, preferably Ubuntu.
    Step Two.
    Mod your ROM's with Android Kitchen
    Step Three
    Flash your ROM and test it out!!

Sometimes ROMs break in the process of building, editing, modding, and changing.(Usually in Android Kitchen)
    So take one step at a time.
    Keep track of your personal updates
    i.e "OverDrive-0.1, -0.2, -0.3"
    They way a version system runs is like so.. or somewhat like this (Use as reference guide)
    Pre-Alpha(In building)
    Alpha(built, working on kinks)
    Beta(Built, almost ready for release)
    RC1.0 (Release Candidate v1.0)
    1.1 (Full, Stable, Ready for the public)
    Nightly (Not Stable or Almost Stable, constantly updated and tweeked)
    A good custom ROM should have a custom Kernel to go with it, or baked into the ROM.
    Without a custom kernel the ROM "feels incomplete" but that's just what I have been told.
    Kernel development really is a pain and a half...
    Things I recommend to Learn about
    ADB commands, shell commands, editing APKs(For more custom feel), how to edit your build.prop file, How to add/remove apps and system apps, Trial and Error also where the error accrued and how to fix it, keeping track of a "Change Log" this is a text file that tells your downloaders what is new, added, removed, fixed, and or changed.
    And last but not least, one really helpful program called Android Commander

Hope some of this information is helpful.
    ~Your LG Optimus V buddy, Redbaron
    clodfelterac likes this.
    03-08-2012 02:34 PM
    Here's something to watch for, allot of your posts have misspelling and extra letters. Spelling is deadly important in coding one misspell or typo or misplaced word or punctuation will kill your code or worse it will run to that error then..... brick.
    While most use a computer to work on roms, a huge amount use their phones to access the forums.

Just because it doesn't say "posted from" doesn't mean it wasn't done from a phone.
    03-08-2012 05:01 PM
    While most use a computer to work on roms, a huge amount use their phones to access the forums.

Just because it doesn't say "posted from" doesn't mean it wasn't done from a phone.
    I know but I've known him on the other forum quite a while and he talks about being on laptop so I know it's not just that. I wasnt trying to be mean just telling him to be careful. He knows I'm just looking out for him.
    03-08-2012 11:15 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD