How do I Unroot my phone?

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how can I unroot my phone?
I rooted it but it was about 6 months ago or so but I have this rom on http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html
and I just want to know how I can undo it to go back to the stock rom.
Is it possible?

If it's not possible then what would be the best way to switch over to this rom
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...nia-1-6-1c-aphrodite-picasticks-21sept11.html

And I'm just asking because it's been such a long time since I've messed with this stuff and I know things change.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
When I had this phone, I did what you wanted to do a couple times. I used this website How to: Return your Optimus V to Stock(Tested working) - SDX-Developers Forum and followed the instructions.

Now, if you want to put the stock recovery that is provided in that download, you'll have to do this (I had to do this). Once the stock ROM is on the phone, use SuperOneClick and do a shell root so you can gain temporary root access. Once that is done, use adb and the commands provided on the website.

The first link that takes you to a Mediafire website is a little broken. The way to fix it is go up to where you put the link in, and delete the " at the end. Then try again.

chris mart

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
unrooting it wont put it back to stock you should still retain your rom and custom recovery so it acoplishes nothing but a waste of time till the end:p

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering how can I unroot my phone?
I rooted it but it was about 6 months ago or so but I have this rom on http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html
and I just want to know how I can undo it to go back to the stock rom.
Is it possible?

If it's not possible then what would be the best way to switch over to this rom
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...nia-1-6-1c-aphrodite-picasticks-21sept11.html

And I'm just asking because it's been such a long time since I've messed with this stuff and I know things change.

Why not just re-flash the stock ROM and keep it rooted?

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It is possible I do it all the time, when I wanna safely factory reset my phone. 1st u need the stock recovery, 2nd the gingerbreak app. 1st thing is flash the recovery and double check to make sure it flashed properly then 2nd click the gingerbreak app, click unroot. Phone will unroot and reboot automatically when finished. After that u can safely factory reset ur phone and its back to original

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
But before u do any of that make sure u have ur original back up of the 2.2.2 rom saved in ur SD card. If not then u find a original rom and flash it. Then continue with the steps I provided above

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
As promised here is the apk Flash Image GUI, updated one that works great. Easy to use to flash kernals and recoverys. When flashing the above recovery select the flash recovery option only then go through ur folder and select the newest recovery img and then select flash and congratulations back to stock

http://db.tt/y3JjXcAF

john419

Banned
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Plus either works if your keeping it or selling it or even giving it away. But... if ur gonna send it back to use ur warranty u need the proper O.S. when they run a system check on ur phone and it don't match their database that's gonna kill ur warranty.

john419

Banned
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree that's a great thread. I'd post more but the moderator here is out to get me cause I called him out the other day. Its a forum guess they love abusing their power. Oh well :p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
He's not our to get you... you got banned for distributing copyrighted material for free. If they let stuff like them they'll get shut down by the govt. I'm sure they are already frowned on by many because this is a whole forum devoted to hacking phones (something that the phone companies wish was illegal) without having people post actually illegal things. Sorry man.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
John419 only received a infraction for posting paid apps for free and the thread was closed. It was his last post being disrespectful to our moderator for doing his job that got him banned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
John419 only received a infraction for posting paid apps for free and the thread was closed. It was his last post being disrespectful to our moderator for doing his job that got him banned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ahhh I see. I was confused because he sent me a pm and then I looked and it said he was banned. Very unfortunate that some people don't understand. Thanks.