A teaser... TOVtW [App]

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I told you I was working on a new OV project, well here is a small taste of it.

First off, ignore the content, and the looks.
I still have a loooong ways to go with this, but it gets the idea across and will allow me to start putting together a team of people to get it moving faster.

What is here is just the basics, thrown together extremely fast.
Okay, not so fast, this has a lot of work invested, it just not obvious and there is a ton of work still to be done, but the backbone and concept is there.

Remember this is a VERY early preview. ;)
attachment.php

Top OV the World.apk
Warning - it's ugly and the app may crash.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: A teaser...

Download it curiousnoob, it consolidates all the ov news so you don't have to search all OVer creation.

She created us our own Optimus V only forum. Freaking sweet!!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It's not necessarily a forum, it's primarily a news app to consolidate OV news. It's built around forum software because it was easier than building from scratch, but also that will be an extension of it. I could have built it around just about anything though.

As for what's needed..
Skill-wise, a graphics artist would be the most helpful to me at the moment, but also just anyone who wants to help.

It needs people willing to keep an eye on the various forums and post when a rom has been updated or something new for the OV or Virgin has come out or been announced. It's simple work anyone could do, but essential to the site and time consuming for a single person. A small team makes this easy.

I would like mini-reviews of roms, not a rating or bug testing, but just an independent person to give people a feel for what to expect. I would also like someone who would do mini-interviews with devs, nothing in depth or serious, but just let people know a bit about them. Everything is kept short to be comfortably read on a phone. Something I'm not good at doing LOL, I'm to wordy. Both of those need someone with some writing skills.

Eventually I would like it to generate more and more original content, but for now it's just a news thing.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

So what would you need from the graphical artist, design of the site and or app? Because Im a decent artist... I painted my avatar

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to do one of the ROM reviews. I'll try to write one up later tonight. I'll send it to you and you can what it's missing, and what's good. I'm thinking I'll try Mirage, I haven't taken a look at that one yet.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Just curious.... the links to updates don't work for me. Just wondered if it was only me our just because its an early build. A great app for sure. I only wish I had more know how and time to help out

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Ill do some graphics if they are needed. I'd love to contribute and improve my skills. This looks really cool Leslie!

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Last edited:
Reactions: Jsadik

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I would like to help out with either one, got my photoshop ready to go ^^.

Nice job by the way. We all appreciate your (all of you guys) work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll try making a new icon for ya. Of course, that's probably the last thing you need, but the current one looks pitiful on our low pixel density screens.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If you want to do the writing or graphics, send me a PM with ideas/samples. The name is "Top OV the World". Note the caps. TopOVtheWorld.com is the actual site it's built around, but that look is just something to have instead of the stock look. Again, this is just framework you are seeing. Everything has to be redone to be more polished. Graphically, it needs EVERYTHING, as will the app.

Writers, same thing.
Oh, writers.. Nearly the whole thing runs on BBcode, like this forum. Pawsoft (pawsoft.com) makes a BBcode word processor called FASS, so you can write in a program that is similar to Microsoft Word and then simply past it into the forum when you are ready. I used it when I did the APK info and it was great, be sure to save as it does crash on occasion.

People wishing to help with the news, shoot me a PM and a list of the forums/sites you regularly frequent. I'm hoping to get a few people so we hit most of them once every few hours.

If things take off, the more skilled jobs might get a bit of the profits, but to be honest, I doubt it will ever see much (after hosting, registrations, etc...). On the other hand, it will look good on a resume and it's something cool to do.

Just curious.... the links to updates don't work for me. Just wondered if it was only me our just because its an early build. A great app for sure. I only wish I had more know how and time to help out
Like I said, it's a preview.
It was all thrown together to get something up to work from and show people. The links work on the actual site, but they don't transfer to the app properly so I have to redo that system. Just one of the many things to deal with.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie