Virgin Launches New Personal Digital Tech Support in US

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I originally posted this in the news forums, but I don't think that forum gets much traffic, so:

Virgin is expanding it's new tech support service to the US

Virgin Launches New Personal Tech Support in the US - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

Virgin Digital Help

--Are you willing to pay for support?

--Will they support customized phones running non-stock software and apps?

--If not, shouldn't this be covered by manufacturers/carriers tech support already?

--Will Virgin's tech support be so much better you are willing to pay for it?

Lot's of questions, but it could be a valuable service to many!

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank god! No offense, but I would like to talk to someone who I can ACTUALLY understand. I feel rude when I say "what" a million times ;)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank god! No offense, but I would like to talk to someone who I can ACTUALLY understand. I feel rude when I say "what" a million times ;)

Its not a vmusa tech support. Its an everything tech support ran by sir Richards virgin, not sprints virgin. We still get to call the Philippines or where ever it is.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't see this catching on at least not legitimately.
It will probably do fine, but mostly it's a ripoff insurance scam.

Imagine talking your parents through updating their anti-virus without being able to see their screen and not even knowing what anti-virus they have installed. Now imagine it being ten times worse. These services have limited capability. If you can't get online, and don't have hours(!) to sit on the phone with them, it's useless. You will be paying $15 a month for virus removal for those few times you get one or the old folks who have a panic attack when they see a blue screen for the first time.

jimlikesmayo

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Overall this seems like kind of a cheap trick. I see this catching on if it ends up being bundled into lower-end comsumer electronics. I just feel like the "solutions" they offer are stuff that even the least tech-savvy person could learn through youtube or a relative. I could be wrong but regardless I will not be using this service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy