New Market?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was doing some reading and found out market is being replaced by Play Store. So has anyone besides myself tried this out yet?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
its market 3.4.6 just curious if anyone got the update or if it was for select phones. I found the apk and worked on my OV.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's somewhat stupid, that all this time for no update, and all they did was replace the icon and the name..?
I mean, sure, they had to change a lot of it to match the new name, but come on...

Anybody else feel like the new name is a little childish? I always thought of the Apple app store as a little childish because of all the stupid apps that would only attract the attention of little kids, but "Google Play" seems a little... out there.

It definitely wasn't expected, lol

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I think google should stop trying to compete with apple on their level and market themselves as the kings of open source instead of this childishness.

jimlikesmayo

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think google should stop trying to compete with apple on their level and market themselves as the kings of open source instead of this childishness.

I couldn't agree more! I have never come across a phone that didn't have at least a small group of developers, not to mention all of the independent app devs. Android is so much bigger than an operating system.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
First of all I would like to say thanks for posting this, just updated my market. And there a positive side to this update, now we have a couple of 49 cent app :)
I also like market better then play!!!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the update almost 4 hours ago. It seems more ICS themed to me...

Exactly what I was thinking, it seems like it was just updated to fit with the new ics look, which can at times look somewhat juvenile (I'M NOT HATING:p).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith