03-30-2012 04:59 PM
26 12
tools
    I just stumbled across this and I tryed to flash the .Zip file but cwm says error (status 0) any ideas
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1525226
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-08-2012 11:59 AM
    Just an issue with the zip file. I tried and got same error. I did the manual method a bit further down post and it worked I suppose. sounds a bit louder and bassier but that was with phone speaker. Have to try headphones and see how it sounds
    joey92 likes this.
    03-08-2012 03:32 PM
    um I would say that would be a mistake. I'm thinking that's gonna be nothing but a problem and secondly, I don't think this was intended for our phones
    Redbaron2005 and joey92 like this.
    03-08-2012 03:37 PM
    did you want to duplicate just buy the actual beats headphones in the first place... probly be better off and safer
    terthii and joey92 like this.
    03-08-2012 03:43 PM
    If you..... Sorry
    joey92 likes this.
    03-08-2012 03:43 PM
    the built in equalizer in cm7 seems to work well enough for me. Made a huge difference on my crappy car radio
    joey92 likes this.
    03-08-2012 04:35 PM
    Yeah I like the dps manager better. All this beats audio zip seemed to do is make music thumpy. Figured I'd give it a 5 minute test drive though since I'd read about it in a few places. My suggestion... skip this and use dsp manager but that's my opinion
    joey92 likes this.
    03-08-2012 05:16 PM
    IV given up on it it was probably not ment to be and thank everyone I'm new to android and I will more than likely need more help in the future also what are some good roms for the ov as of now I'm running aosp 2.3.4

03-08-2012 10:27 PM
    Any of the IHO (Inferior Human Organs) Roms are great. The dev's put alot into these roms and they are very stable.

Here is the IHO thread
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...l-cm7-1-a.html

Github Page - Downloads
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Scroll down to the Optimus V section and it lists the current rom's and the differences. All but I think 2 are updated frequently. I have personally tried Backside (My daily Driver) , MiRaGe, BobzHome and Harmonia 2.

They are all very good roms and I can't say any are better than others. I'd suggest picking a couple of the newer updated ones and running each for a few days and seeing which on you like best.

I would avoid the one posted August 2011 because if you have the newer OV it doesn't have the correct screen driver and you'll end up with a black screen when you try to boot, This one is for the older OV
    joey92 likes this.
    03-09-2012 06:33 AM
    Check out poweramp. I've used it for over a year. Nice 10band eq

Sent from your mom's phone.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-09-2012 07:38 AM
    Just an issue with the zip file. I tried and got same error. I did the manual method a bit further down post and it worked I suppose. sounds a bit louder and bassier but that was with phone speaker. Have to try headphones and see how it sounds
    It is a issue with the installer script.

The effects of this is noticeable on regular headphones You do not need the beats headphones however the better the quality of headphones the more noticeable the effects.The only ill effects this will/would create is if you use your phone with a custom stereo in your home or car. The enhanced bass can cause the woofers to be overdriven. But that is possible with dsp or any other sound enhancement app.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-09-2012 10:52 AM
    It is a issue with the installer script.

The effects of this is noticeable on regular headphones You do not need the beats headphones however the better the quality of headphones the more noticeable the effects.The only ill effects this will/would create is if you use your phone with a custom stereo in your home or car. The enhanced bass can cause the woofers to be overdriven. But that is possible with dsp or any other sound enhancement app.
    I do use my phone in my car but I do have a custom audio system and I want to be able to push my subs to the Max and I thought that the beats audio would help with that

03-09-2012 09:05 PM
    I do use my phone in my car but I do have a custom audio system and I want to be able to push my subs to the Max and I thought that the beats audio would help with that

You do not and I repeat do not want to use any type of processing on your phone. You will push you subs to the max and to the point of having to get a recone kit. I run RF Power 1000 5 channel amp and because of a mistake I made Its in need of having the sub channel repaired.

Look up Steve Meade Designs if you dont already know about it. Im sure the people there can set you on the proper route.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-09-2012 09:10 PM
    I didn't choose my words wisely I'm looking for a boost around the 28hz region and I thought the beats audio might help. I am an audiophile

03-09-2012 10:26 PM
    I didn't choose my words wisely I'm looking for a boost around the 28hz region and I thought the beats audio might help. I am an audiophile

Again you do not want to boost from the phone. Trust me on this.

The beats audio will add "thumpier bass" but a active crossover will be better. You can add time delays make sure each speaker is getting the proper signal. Boosting via the phone will send that to all channels and you will have distortion, make not heard but it will be there and create extra work for your amplifier.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 01:57 AM
    Sense 3.5 comes preloaded with a nice beats audio feature in it (I believe). So once I get my Sense port going good it should be pretty good
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 07:52 AM
    No mean to bash but Beats? Seriously? Waste of money. But the DSP manager is a really nice feature.
    Just flash this file through CWM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1316103730
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 10:36 AM
    No mean to bash but Beats? Seriously? Waste of money. But the DSP manager is a really nice feature.
    Just flash this file through CWM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1316103730
    Or just use one of the numerous roms around here... they almost all have dsp manager
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 10:44 AM
    Beats Audio is nothing but an equalizer setting. You can re-create it in any ROM or audio app that lets you change the EQ. It sounds terrible anyways as it's completely unbalanced so I don't recommend it.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 11:47 AM
    hey all sorry this has nothin to do with this thread. but i am blind as a bat and i dont know how to start one. please help?
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 11:49 AM
    hey all sorry this has nothin to do with this thread. but i am blind as a bat and i dont know how to start one. please help?
    When you log into the forums there's a "create thread" button right at the top. Give it a title and type what you mean to say then post. Hope that helped.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 12:19 PM
    When you log into the forums there's a "create thread" button right at the top. Give it a title and type what you mean to say then post. Hope that helped.
    sorry i still cant see it
    joey92 likes this.
    03-10-2012 02:27 PM
    For beats audio to work delete dsp, reboot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, and then mount system and flash this zip ENJOY & Hear the diffrence http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1331702446
    bdieu17, cr42ydude and joey92 like this.
    03-16-2012 02:00 PM
    what is dsp and where is it in the zip to delete it
    joey92 likes this.
    03-17-2012 11:46 PM
    Check your rom, System/app/DSPmanager.apk

If it's not there, then you don't have it, which means go on and flash the zip.
    joey92 likes this.
    03-18-2012 12:27 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD