Iam having issues with the wifi mobile hotspot, idk anything about wifi connections or problems. I connected my optimus v to my new Xbox 360 using the hotspot, Xbox live works perfectly it wont let me join in a room with other players or chat with them but I can download everything. It says I have a NAT error. I read up on it but it seems its a strict firewall. Is there anyway around it, I wanna join my friends in gears of war 3.
    03-09-2012 07:26 AM
    I'm running cm7.2 backside by the way the newest rom from March 6th if u was wondering
    03-09-2012 07:28 AM
    Nevermind, I figured it out the hotspot doesn't support UPnP, if does I don't know how to even get to that.
    03-09-2012 07:41 AM
    If you could get it to connect I seriously doubt it would do very well. I know my son plays alot of xbox Live games and it sometimes put's a hurting on my 30mbps cable connection. I can't imagine it trying to work over Virgin's 3g speeds
    03-09-2012 07:54 AM
    I know what u mean but it goes pretty fast. I downloaded zune market in like 5 mins and that was like 70 MB. If I knew how to crack it to open it on port 3074 which it says my device can do but I don't know where that setting is. I've looked everywhere.
    03-09-2012 07:59 AM
    Wish I got your 3g speeds. In my area it can take 5 mins to download a 2 or 3 mb file
    03-09-2012 08:00 AM
    Dang, it might be also my neighbors have wifi on open ports. Maybe somehow it all goes together and works like a generator I don't know. Lol. But my speeds are pretty fast
    03-09-2012 08:09 AM
    I'm glad I don't have to play against you in Gears of War 3. L A G is the only that that comes to mind...

Yes I know all about the dedicated servers in GOW 3 and there is still much present LAG when you go against someone who doesn't have a very good connection.
    03-09-2012 08:31 AM
    I sence fear in the air, i know u don't want wanna get hurt or owned in front of a live crowd its all good
    03-09-2012 08:37 AM
    Lag is bad sometimes, I use my neibors wifi every now and then. Idle why they haven't figured out how to properly fix the connection issues in the 360s but maybe in time they will get it worked out. I have the newest one and it basically is a wifi hotspot by itself I can run the internet on my phone off it without a single cord connected to the 360
    03-09-2012 08:43 AM
    I sence fear in the air, i know u don't want wanna get hurt or owned in front of a live crowd its all good
    Nah, its just a game. I can hold my own good connections or not.
    03-09-2012 09:03 AM
    The device that pumps out your home internet connection into a WiFi network is called a 'router.' Your phone, when using the 'mobile hotspot' basically turns it into a 'router,' creating a wireless network and sharing it with devices that connect to it, just like a router does.

When this problem occurs on a home network, you would go into the router's configuration page and open the ports yourself, it's a fairly simple process.

The 'mobile hotspot' feature doesn't have this ability. So, no LIVE for you.

I'm glad they don't give the option to open up ports on the hotspot, since you're not supposed to be using it anyway, and yes, it's a BARELY viable argument that "data is data" and it shouldn't matter what device you use it on, but heavy usage like gaming, torrents, etc just slows it down for everyone else.
    Eollie and mustafu like this.
    03-09-2012 11:18 AM
    Idk everyone should be able to do what they want. Life doesn't always revolve around u so u have to take into effect what other people do or wanna do isn't really none of ur concern. So when I figure out how to crack this ill be sure to join u on xbox live. I have a wifi I use already so ha I'm just trying to unlock my phone. I bet ur phone is rooted like mine so how can say what a person can do with his own devices
    03-09-2012 12:01 PM
    I don't think he's telling you what to do.

I to think that we should have total control over what we own (isn't that the purpose of Android), but I must say you just contradicted yourself bmxrider. You said people shouldn't think of themselves all the time... which is exactly what your doing by taking the bandwidth
    dwappo and cole2kb like this.
    03-09-2012 12:40 PM
    Lol well damn. People underestimate the power of 3 g plus I saw a thing someone has cracked at&t 4g network with his optimus v, imagine 4 g ice cream rom. Its possible
    03-09-2012 01:24 PM
    Lol well damn. People underestimate the power of 3 g plus I saw a thing someone has cracked at&t 4g network with his optimus v, imagine 4 g ice cream rom. Its possible
    Well, no, our phones don't have a 4G radio. So its actually not possible.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    03-09-2012 02:25 PM
    Part of growing up, I guess. A few years back, yes, I would have been gaming, torrenting, all of that stuff, and if I could tether my phone to do it I would have just for fun or because I could. Now, I don't mind paying for music, renting flicks, or a landline internet connection, which was designed to handle this kind of traffic. Not mobile networks.

I do (obviously) have my phone rooted, with a custom ROM. Doesn't affect anybody but me. Trying to use my 3G to substitute my DSL could, however, especially if there was a way to open up ports for various services, which there isn't, and it is most likely done at the provider level, so the only way you could is to get a job with Virgin and break some rules.

It's not about 'underestimating the power of 3G.' Yes, it probably can provide enough speed, although there will be lag issues, I almost guarantee it.

I certainly wasn't telling you what to do, only to consider the reasons why you can't do everything with a mobile connection that you can do with a landline connection.

Also, that OV on AT&T comment just makes me laugh. I hate to be this guy but...."pics or GTFO."
    03-09-2012 02:56 PM
    Along with not having 4g radio, I would think it would be a little difficult to connect a CDMA phone to a GSM network.
    cole2kb likes this.
    03-09-2012 07:39 PM
    This is mind blowing. And not in the good way.
    cole2kb likes this.
    03-09-2012 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD