This issue may or may not have been discussed but these threads are so large...
    after packing up stock rom and new rom,apps,contacts,and music files...SD card is@0MB and full according to file expert.
    does this sound right to you guys and have you had to get an additional sd card or just put everything on a pc and format?
    thanks in advance

OV BACKside IHO7.2
    03-10-2012 01:56 AM
    If you use your phone heavily as an MP3 player, you may have a hefty cache of "albumthumbs" built up on your SD card. Open your file explorer, click on Android---> data---->com.android.provider...---->albumthumbs. Apparently every time I listen to a song, a 2.8 MB file is created in there. I had that particular folder hogging up 800+ MB of free space before I ever noticed it's existance. If there are a bunch of files in there, just delete them and reclaim some space.
    03-10-2012 02:30 AM
    Okay thank you for that
    and again is the idea of moving files from sd to pc then formatting not a good idea?
    03-10-2012 09:59 AM
    Okay thank you for that
    and again is the idea of moving files from sd to pc then formatting not a good idea?
    It doesn't hurt, I have had to do it a couple times. If you have the 2 gb. Card that came with it, you probably did run out of room. A full backup takes up around 400mb by its self.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-10-2012 10:12 AM
    Yes it is still the original card. I am basically wanted to be sure that moving the items onto the pc 4 possible use later that day will get format changed or file name changed in some way shape or form
    03-10-2012 10:53 AM
    On Amazon.com I paid 13$ for a 16 gig class 4. Can't beat that. Now I don't sweat my files as much. Ans check out astro file manager in the market. It makes organizing files a lot easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    03-10-2012 10:56 AM
    As far as the file extensions I'm referring to. like if moved back and forth or what not the phone will not recognize the file name anymore
    Things of this nature
    03-10-2012 10:57 AM
    Well I have the file manager that came with the ROM, And using file expert most often. So I've gotten adapt and like the way those work
    03-10-2012 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD