Some of you may have seen this on xda: [tweak] improve 3d performance of lg p500 - updated - xda-developers

I was wondering, since the LG-P500 and other similar chipsets are rocking this update (I think on phones with stock GB/Sense), is this something the OV can handle, be tweaked to handle, or if there's no point in looking at it since the drivers we have are probably just as good if not better?

^ Like that run on question? ^
    03-13-2012 04:00 PM
    Did you try it ?
    03-13-2012 06:45 PM
    Yeah, why don't you try it? Someone has to, to know if it works, right?
    03-13-2012 10:01 PM
    I wouldn't know the difference or what benchmarks to rrun to ttell any improvement
    03-13-2012 10:29 PM
    it seems from the thread that a lot of people are having trouble using it on cm7. bootloop trouble. id test it tonight but i really dont feel like it (sick ) but i wouldnt test it if you dont know your way around android. ive been working with it for a few months and still have a lot to learn.
    03-13-2012 11:07 PM
    I have tested, it boots, sticks on the splash screen. But it does boot into the OS since you can feel it vibrate if you try to unlock it, but screen goes completely black after the splash screen. It seems to be working on GB roms based from source, not cm7.

* Edit * It also seems developers are tweaking their kernels to get the drivers to work with cm7.
    03-14-2012 08:49 AM
    I have tested, it boots, sticks on the splash screen. But it does boot into the OS since you can feel it vibrate if you try to unlock it, but screen goes completely black after the splash screen. It seems to be working on GB roms based from source, not cm7.

* Edit * It also seems developers are tweaking their kernels to get the drivers to work with cm7.
    That would indicate its using some drivers that is not compatible with the phone.
    03-14-2012 12:29 PM
    No discernible difference on quattrimus. Angry birds intro screens still fail to scroll and lock up the app.

I'll look at the update in more depth later.
    03-15-2012 01:56 PM
    No discernible difference on quattrimus. Angry birds intro screens still fail to scroll and lock up the app.

I'll look at the update in more depth later.
    Weird, you got it to boot on quattraimus? On IHO it boots but you get a black screen after the splash screen (the boot animation doesn't come up) and you can use the screen (like feel it vibrate when unlocking) but nothing is displayed.

Also there isn't a big difference in 2D graphics as has been mentioned in other posts, its the 3D graphics where you'll see an improvement.
    03-16-2012 01:02 PM
    Well I discovered an N64 Emulator that actually works on the OV, not great, but it does run maybe 5-15 fps. Now if only I could figure out how to get these drivers to work...

>.<
    03-16-2012 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD