I am currently running:
    rom: CyanogenMod-7.1.0.1-LG- VM670-BobZhome-1013211
    Android Version: 2.3.7

I don't have massive fc issues, but a lot of my apps aren't compatible, or have some minor issues. What I am finding to be the most frustrating is not being able to update my apps like maps, netq, my texting app (the name escapes me).
    These are the steps I took to root and then install the rom:
    -I have gingerbreak that I used es filemanager to open.
    -I had a successful root verifying it with root checker.
    -I installed a recovery using Rom Manager:Clockworkmod recovery.
    -I used rom manager to do a backup and boot into recovery.
    -I downloaded the rom (I didn't open it).
    -I flashed the rom cited below by selecting it from the sd card.
    -I chose Wipe Data and Cache + Wipe Dalvik Cache and went back to recovery menu to do the G-apps.
    -I then used Chooser app (I left the default app as it was the only choice...lol).

It was a fairly successful flashing of the rom (I felt). I am a bit of a newbie to roots and roms, but I am fairly computer literate, so it wasn't entirely foreign. So, maybe this is just a small price to pay for the rooting and the new rom, but maybe there is an even more stable and reliable rom for the LG Optimus V that I am not aware of. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    03-16-2012 05:56 PM
    It looks like your running an old rom. look here
    Code:
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
    03-16-2012 06:14 PM
    Well a really stable, lightwheight, fast, updated rom would be Harmonia 2 by leslie that so far is one of my favorite roms
    03-16-2012 09:00 PM
    It is suggested not to use Rom Manager on the optimus v. It is better to flash roms manually. Also the Roms in Rom Manager are not used with permission of the devs and are outdated.

Check the stickies for info on how to correctly flash roms and follow link in previous post for newest versions of all the IHO Roms. Just scroll down to optimus v section.

All of the newer IHO Rom's are very stable and run very well.
    03-16-2012 09:05 PM
    IMO, BumbleBee runs the best performance and battery wise if you're on an older phone.

Newer screens should use Harmonia1.

Also, get rid of ROM Manager and the recovery that comes with it. Don't be a noob.
    03-16-2012 11:03 PM
    Im running MiRaGe and it works flawlessly for me

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 12:07 AM
    Sorry noob here<------...lol.

Are these the instructions you are referring to (bottom link)? Also, what program(s) am I supposed to be used instead of Rom Manager? I need some help here. Not using Rom Manager is something completely foreign to me. I already have the gingerbreak apk file, but I am not sure it's the same one. I am not really sure where to go because people are suggesting different roms. So, what steps and apps do I need to follow to run harmonia 2 or MiRaGe?

If someone wouldn't mind explaining step-by-step how to remove my rom (the easiest way to do so) and how to do a recovery and flash either harmonia 2 or MiRaGe without rom manager I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html
    03-17-2012 12:36 AM
    Those instructions are in the link.
    03-17-2012 12:44 AM
    Which is the easiest to install and where do I download harmonia 2 or MiRaGe? What program do I use for recovery and flashing of the rom instead of rom manager, though? How do I know if I know if I have a newer screen for the Optimus V? Thanks.
    03-17-2012 12:56 AM
    Once again, please read the stickies, they have most if not all of the info you are looking for.

We are loath to re-type instructions that have already been posted.
    Noah390 likes this.
    03-17-2012 12:59 AM
    For stability and almost no issues, bumblebee or harmonia 1.7 would be good. For mostly stable and some nice performance and feature improvements, try some IHO roms. I use mirage IHO, and get better battery life than on bumblebee. Only problem is after a day or two the screen rotation starts lagging, so a reboot every night when I charge it avoids that.
    03-17-2012 03:00 AM
    I would definetly suggest a rom from gingerbread, the ones like miu4 are nice, but the least bit stable
    03-18-2012 10:36 AM
    Just a Suggestion try CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC1-IHO-KANG with Harmonia 2.05 gwk74

Thats what I have on my Optimus V it got me out of boot loop when i was bricked W/ clockworkmod W/ stock rom

!!!!!BIG THANKS TO THE DEVELOPERS OF THESE ITEMS THEY WORK GREAT!!!!!!!

will not let me upload attachments or i would give the .zips to you cant remember how i rooted just followed the directions from androidcentral
    03-25-2012 10:56 PM
    03-25-2012 11:02 PM
    And Here is how i rooted over a year ago w only one issue

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...optimus-v.html
    03-25-2012 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD