07-09-2012 07:10 PM
1,030 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Yeppers as you predicted settings is borked. It's not installed.
    "Application is not installed on your phone"

[EDIT] Can't check WiFi as I have no settings.
    I tried from the library. I toggled wifi on then waited for the "open wireless signal" dialog. Clicked it thru the status bar and connected just fine. Connected my account and downloaded a few apps. So looks like wifi does work
    04-29-2012 08:25 PM
    Mines passworded but good catch

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV
    04-29-2012 08:32 PM
    Mines passworded but good catch

Well then i should say 'open' wireless does work then
    04-29-2012 08:41 PM
    I rarely post offtopic :P

Not off topic I meant. Just other stuff, unless it's not you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-30-2012 01:43 AM
    So what happens to this ROM now... I heard Gannon got banned?
    04-30-2012 03:34 PM
    I assume you will be able to find all his roms on XDA. He's not stopping development, he's just not going to be on here (AC) anymore.
    04-30-2012 03:36 PM
    And Noob got banned too?! Wtf is going on....
    And okay thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll check out XDA
    04-30-2012 03:39 PM
    And Noob got banned too?! Wtf is going on....
    And okay thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll check out XDA
    I'm just waiting for my death sentence now, weird enough they haven't responded to my (very aggrivated) pm.
    I think I'll be moving on to AndroidForums if anybody wants to know

Sent from my Motorola Triumph
    epicb0dyc0unt and kenharkey7 like this.
    04-30-2012 03:51 PM
    I'm just waiting for my death sentence now, weird enough they haven't responded to my (very aggrivated) pm.

I guess I'll have to remember my Android forums account password then, I'm addicted to miui now

04-30-2012 03:54 PM

yes! Your not dead. Good to know

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-30-2012 03:55 PM

Do you have a new release for Miui though?! D
    04-30-2012 04:16 PM

Huh? What happened?

Edit I just created an account at Android Forums under the username iWindoze, my old username from before I started using Linux full time. (Android Forums apparently thinks my username is too long and I didn't want to trununciate to "bornagainpengu")

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    04-30-2012 04:22 PM
    Huh? What happened?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    What happened? And any updates not posted here? Other forum? Link please? '
    04-30-2012 04:34 PM
    How do I install rom? Usually it's a zip file when you download but for some reason it isn't one for this rom?
    04-30-2012 06:11 PM
    Gentlemen, if you wish to continue with this ROM try to keep up on Android Forums. Gannon now has the "Banned" tag so... guess he got his death sentence.
    04-30-2012 06:14 PM
    How long does the ban last?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    epicb0dyc0unt likes this.
    04-30-2012 06:15 PM
    How long does the ban last?

Forever! :o
    epicb0dyc0unt and arnold1997 like this.
    04-30-2012 06:17 PM
    I don't want to be that guy, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe this was all frustration over not being able to complete the MIUI port and the drama here was a way of walking away without having to admit he bit off more than he could chew?

I made an account over at the AndroidForums under the assumption that Gannon was intending to continue over there, but I don't see anything by him in the Optimus V section at all.

I hate to think it, but I'm wondering if we're entering the end stages for development on this phone so far as getting some of the Chinese ports. At least we have a functional CM7 and what looks to be a fantastic ICS port once it gets finished.

04-30-2012 08:11 PM
    I don't want to be that guy, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe this was all frustration over not being able to complete the MIUI port and the drama here was a way of walking away without having to admit he bit off more than he could chew?

I made an account over at the AndroidForums under the assumption that Gannon was intending to continue over there, but I don't see anything by him in the Optimus V section at all.

I hate to think it, but I'm wondering if we're entering the end stages for development on this phone so far as getting some of the Chinese ports. At least we have a functional CM7 and what looks to be a fantastic ICS port once it gets finished.

Well jellybean will be coming out soon I believe.
    04-30-2012 08:16 PM

I'm afraid your right, we've probably seen the last update for miui. I also went over to the Android forums and found only one mention of miui from back when Gannon first started the port but nothing recent

04-30-2012 08:36 PM
    I'm afraid your right, we've probably seen the last update for miui. I also went over to the Android forums and found only one mention of miui from back when Gannon first started the port but nothing recent

I just checked xda and he commented on his miui thread

04-30-2012 08:39 PM
    I dont care if he bit off more than he can chew, Regardless he's one of the best dev's the ov has, without him we wouldnt even have miui >.>
    04-30-2012 08:43 PM
    I just checked xda and he commented on his miui thread

Heading over to XDA now in hopes that I'm wrong and the reason he hasn't posted anything either on AndroidForums or his blog was to get some time to calm down, not because he was fishing for an excuse to walk away...

updated: can't find the thread, could you please link us to it? I'd really like to know what this means for the port.

I dont care if he bit off more than he can chew, Regardless he's one of the best dev's the ov has, without him we wouldnt even have miui >.>
    If this is him walking away, technically even as good as it is we still don't have MIUI, because it isn't finished.

04-30-2012 08:46 PM
    You guy's need to give him a break maybe he's been busy working on something soon to released or he's doing something else in his spare time. I don't really know the guy but he deserves a great deal of respect.
    04-30-2012 08:52 PM
    Well, gannon was a pretty great Guy in my eyes. He always complimented me on my Screenshots, and even made an account on deviantART to comment on my stuff. He brought us 4 or 5 different ROMs, including AOKP which he gave to tdm to continue. The mods are always right though, and I respect them for what they do here. Nonetheless, gannon, you will be missed.

04-30-2012 09:44 PM
1,030 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD