07-09-2012 07:10 PM
1,030 ... 678910 ...
tools
    recovery. i didnt factory reset beforehand. i just restored, so i'll try again with a factory reset next time. ill post results if thats alright.

also, should i apply this radio update before all of this or after or not at all? :P
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-restored.html
    Get the right recovery installed, and your phone working right before you even consider the update.
    03-22-2012 11:46 PM
    Get the right recovery installed, and your phone working right before you even consider the update.
    anything wrong with "clockwork mod recovery v3.0.0.6" ? its worked fine so far.

also, is there a swype functionality on this rom? i cant find it anywhere. its working fine so far, aside from the random chinese characters

oh and what do i do about the google app store?
    03-23-2012 12:16 AM
    Clockwork ____ means nothing since all are based on it.

Xionia, IHO or Bobzhome, I don't trust anything else.
    jru likes this.
    03-23-2012 01:03 AM
    anything wrong with "clockwork mod recovery v3.0.0.6" ? its worked fine so far.

also, is there a swype functionality on this rom? i cant find it anywhere. its working fine so far, aside from the random chinese characters
    Swype is not included on any of the ROMs I have looked at. I ended up getting Swype Beta, and it has worked very well for me. I have tried a few other kbds, keep going back to Swype. Doesn't fc, has excellent voice recognition via Dragon Dictate. Has a few minor issues, but I know how to work with them.

oh and what do i do about the google app store?
    You mean Google Play? Check around and you will find some people have the apk for downloading. I found it updated itself just fine using my current ROM (Quattrimus Alpha 7).
    03-23-2012 01:15 AM
    Well, here you go guys, it's Friday! Good timing too, because I've run into some deep trouble lately with this ROM. Be on the lookout for a new build I'm testing right now and will upload in ~5 minutes
    Then AOKP, and possibly try MIUIv4
    dwcasey likes this.
    03-23-2012 04:40 AM
    Well, here you go guys, it's Friday! Good timing too, because I've run into some deep trouble lately with this ROM. Be on the lookout for a new build I'm testing right now and will upload in ~5 minutes
    Then AOKP, and possibly try MIUIv4
    You rock, I can't wait

Sent from my LG-VM670 using two thumbs
    03-23-2012 04:42 AM
    Craaap. First test is a dud. I'm going to have to wait until after school to port it.
    It's not wanting to boot.
    This is happening on both the MIUIv4 and this ROM now. I'm starting to think I'm beginning to lose my touch :/
    03-23-2012 04:48 AM
    It's all good Gannon. How is AOKP looking?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 05:14 AM
    Building AOKP from source isn't looking too good. One of their commits broke my building.
    I disregard my last statement. I got it working and am now uploading. Finally
    I'm going to update AOKP but it isn't going to be a big update.
    03-23-2012 05:17 AM
    Building AOKP from source isn't looking too good. One of their commits broke my building.
    Awesome! Too be honest, if the phone works AOKP will be my daily. It's that good.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 05:24 AM
    Alright. Updated screenshots, download, etc. Have fun! Heading to AOKP next
    03-23-2012 02:24 PM
    looks great Gannon! I'll try it tonight/this weekend.
    03-23-2012 02:26 PM
    Alright. Updated screenshots, download, etc. Have fun! Heading to AOKP next
    You're the man

Edit: it's freaking gorgeous

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 02:27 PM
    Your the man!
    03-23-2012 02:37 PM
    Even more good news- I've finally gotten past my build errors with AOKP and it is now building! We might see a nice AOKP update today, totally built from source
    bdieu17 and mjs2011 like this.
    03-23-2012 02:43 PM
    Even more good news- I've finally gotten past my build errors with AOKP and it is now building! We might see a nice AOKP update today, totally built from source
    Will tht fix the fc's ?
    03-23-2012 02:56 PM
    Will tht fix the fc's ?
    I'm hoping!
    bdieu17 likes this.
    03-23-2012 03:01 PM
    This is probably a stupid question, but how much of the MIUI benefits are directly tied into the launcher? I'm a big fan of Espier Launcher and prefer to use that these days, so I'm wondering if by doing so in MIUI I'm being foolish or missing the point?

Also, where do you prefer questions like these asked--here or on the blog site itself?

--borngainpenguin
    03-23-2012 04:05 PM
    Well just started up this rom. Very nice brings some sleek, sexiness to gb

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
    03-23-2012 04:06 PM
    I know I'm in the minority here, lol, but I just don't like the way MIUI looks. Great job though, I know lots of people want this. Impressive how quickly you're turning out ROMs, gannon! I am in awe.
    03-23-2012 04:14 PM
    This is probably a stupid question, but how much of the MIUI benefits are directly tied into the launcher? I'm a big fan of Espier Launcher and prefer to use that these days, so I'm wondering if by doing so in MIUI I'm being foolish or missing the point?

Also, where do you prefer questions like these asked--here or on the blog site itself?

--borngainpenguin
    2 answers for this. MIUI's, and mine.
    MIUI- The themes have an option for home, and you would be missing that benefit.
    Mine- I think that it is defeating the purpose of MIUI. I think that for every ROM. If it has a special benefit to it, then it should be kept alone. (Just like how I feel using adw or launcherpro on ICS would completely defeat the purpose). I'm not completely saying that you need to have MIUI, this is just my opinion on the situation. And of course, everybody is biased to their own opinion

You can ask these questions anywhere you feel! I prefer either one, to be honest.
    03-23-2012 04:24 PM
    Gannon, are there benefits of miui 2.3 over miui 4.0? because it seems to me that the distinction between the two kinda blurs because of the extreme theming of miui. I flashed miui 4.0 and couldn't even tell it was built off ics, so what are the main differences of 4.0 and 2.3? I know it sounds foolish... haha

EDIT: 4.0 and 2.3 miui, not 4.0 and 2.3 in general.

Sent via the Postal Service
    03-23-2012 04:34 PM
    Gannon, are there benefits of miui 2.3 over miui 4.0? because it seems to me that the distinction between the two kinda blurs because of the extreme theming of miui. I flashed miui 4.0 and couldn't even tell it was built off ics, so what are the main differences of 4.0 and 2.3? I know it sounds foolish... haha

Sent via the Postal Service
    Not MUCH differences except for the fact that it's ICS, of course. There are a few edits to the frameworks and apps and other things but not much.
    03-23-2012 04:40 PM
    2 answers for this. MIUI's, and mine.
    MIUI- The themes have an option for home, and you would be missing that benefit.
    Option for home? Not trying to be funny, not understanding what you mean here.

Mine- I think that it is defeating the purpose of MIUI. I think that for every ROM. If it has a special benefit to it, then it should be kept alone. (Just like how I feel using adw or launcherpro on ICS would completely defeat the purpose). I'm not completely saying that you need to have MIUI, this is just my opinion on the situation. And of course, everybody is biased to their own opinion
    I understand what you mean, I usually agree with that philosophy. I just really like showing all my iPhone totting friends that anything they can do I can do and cheaper too! (I live in an area where AT&T is the preferred mobile company but which gets such lousy 3G service it makes Virgin Mobile look good! and most of my friends have the iPhone 3GS, so I get away with a lot.)

So there aren't any major features I'll be missing out on? Good to know.

You can ask these questions anywhere you feel! I prefer either one, to be honest.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure which you preferred so I thought I should ask.

Now for the bug report! ;-)

In settings going to Settings ->System->Device Settings causes the following error:

Sorry! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

MIUI gallery doesn't display thumbnails on some items for some reason. Not sure why that would be.

I have a theme for MiLocker that is in mdpi, and the same theme in hdpi (newest version of MiLocker scales the themes making it unnecessary to convert to mdpi) but neither one will work despite showing progress bar indicating that it was applied.

If it is a factor, I did a wipe with Bumblebee wiper, installed the R0M and then the theme fixer. Should I have booted first before installing the theme fixer?

Thanks for all that you do, will try to report bugs as I see them. Hopefully will not be too many more other than those I reported. Have to admit I'm liking the MIUI launcher despite some of the colors being off*, it is one smooth ride!

--bornagainpenguin

* I know this is an expected issue as stated on the blog site, just mentioning it for completeness sake.
    03-23-2012 04:57 PM
    Is there any way to get rid of that "roaming indicator is off" message

Sent from my LG-VM670 using two thumbs
    03-23-2012 05:19 PM
1,030 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD