[ROM][4/14/12][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm definetely going to flash this when you release it, and I don't change ROMs, like, ever! I think I asked this before, but it got lost in the thread, but is there an extended settings that works with this? Or is there a way I could help port one over if not?

Thanks Gannon!!

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V

Reactions: rukin5197

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][3/23/12][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

I'm definetely going to flash this when you release it, and I don't change ROMs, like, ever! I think I asked this before, but it got lost in the thread, but is there an extended settings that works with this? Or is there a way I could help port one over if not?

Thanks Gannon!!

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V

I personally haven't tried Extended Settings but AJ claims that he's tried it and it didn't work. So, there's no telling. I'm porting it as we speak, so I'll test it now. But I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to port over if we tried hard enough. The only problem is that they're version specific and we don't know what version this MIUI is.

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, but so as of with the latest build
Camera/Mms doesnt work?
Im fine with that, and i hear there is a workaround with themes?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, but so as of with the latest build
Camera/Mms doesnt work?
Im fine with that, and i hear there is a workaround with themes?
Check OP.

Guys, I may have the new build by tonight. So keep on the lookout. Translating this is sure a pain!

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Really hope there's a update tonight, we appreciate all your work. Will this include working themes as in the application?
Who doesn't like a fancy lookin' device

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Just ported it and a few updates:
Camera still freezes :/
Lockscreen hdpi themes still don't work (Going to look into this)
Statusbar themes are working (Might need reboot)
Themes are working without the fix.
Updated version of MIUI (I think)

Is it deserving enough to release? Or should I fix one of those first.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just ported it and a few updates:
Camera still freezes :/
Lockscreen hdpi themes still don't work (Going to look into this)
Statusbar themes are working (Might need reboot)
Themes are working without the fix.
Updated version of MIUI (I think)

Is it deserving enough to release? Or should I fix one of those first.

I think that the people that follow this thread are ready for any release, they're a bit tenacious about your ports.

Fixing the themes so they don't need a workaround seems significant enough to me to make a release.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I say do what you have to do. :p

Also, the whole UI, is it fully MDPI? My market force closes when I click a app, such as Xda premium.

Some of the overlay text is also black on black.

Other than that, I'm still in love with it. Getting into theming now :D

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

My biggest question is actually regarding MMS, do you currently have that working?

anon(319503)

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Here's just some things i've noticed while using this rom which may or may not have been covered already:

• Camera doesn't really work. It crashes on me all the time. It usually starts up fine, there's an image on the screen and everything seems good, but adjust the zoom or adjust settings and it will freeze and give option of Force close or wait. If you wait, image will remain frozen eventually force close or wait options again. When you force close and try to restart Camera, it says Camera Error: Cannot connect to camera.
  • Battery icon randomly appears and disappears in the status bar.
  • When trying to view and change options in some apps, the menu will have black background with black text, and you are unable to read anything unless you select where text would be which then makes it momentarily visible.
  • Under Settings>System>About Phone, selecting Status displays only Open Source Licenses, CyanogenMod Licenses, and Google Legal, instead of phone and network info (maybe that is just a MIUI thing, not sure), Selecting Battery Use has no affect and displays nothing.
  • Can't figure out how to permanently get rid of "Roaming Indicator Off" in the status bar. It goes away when the Juice Defender icon is displayed.

I think there might have been something else but I can't remember right now. Again, these things may have been already discovered, so if pointed out something that's already known, let me know.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought... the whole battery disappearing seems almost like the status bar icons for the battery don't match what the indicator is asking for... like it wants a different icon for each percentage and the framework is only giving it a different icon every ten percent.
Its just a thought.

Sent via the Postal Service

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

does anyone know of a replacement launcher that allows theme changing to change the icons? i really like this ROM but i just can't stand the default launcher. it's slow and i want an app drawer, lol!

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

does anyone know of a replacement launcher that allows theme changing to change the icons? i really like this ROM but i just can't stand the default launcher. it's slow and i want an app drawer, lol!

App drawer just isn't MIUI. Sorry. And the themes change the icons?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah with 3rd party launchers, I noticed the icons don't change when applying a new theme.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Status
Not open for further replies.