[ROM][4/14/12][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Gannon, do you know whether or not it would be possible to make it so pressing the volume down + menu key combo would take screenshots? That's supposedly the combo to make MIUI take screenshots but it doesn't work.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Gannon, do you know whether or not it would be possible to make it so pressing the volume + menu key combo would take screenshots? That's supposedly the combo to make MIUI take screenshots but it doesn't work.

Are you sure it wasn't Volume-?

@Gannon, To make this more like MIUI, I'm trying to find a way to change the com.______.____ and so on of Miren Browser, so it can have the browser Icon, but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

BTW, I flashed the update again. Planning on sending my phone back. Called twice, but VM doesn't understand.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it wasn't Volume-?

@Gannon, To make this more like MIUI, I'm trying to find a way to change the com.______.____ and so on of Miren Browser, so it can have the browser Icon, but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

BTW, I flashed the update again. Planning on sending my phone back. Called twice, but VM doesn't understand.

I think if you open up the apk and open the resources.arc file it shows the com.blah.blah name of the app and you can change it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
First a thank you for what is obviously a task with something like this. I tried it out,never had any issues that stood out as bugs,ran fine. But its a little to Asian for my tastes. Sorta reminds me of hello kitty...why I dont know :what: ..just does lol. But a 5 stars for effort and what appears to be a solid rom. ;):beer:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
keep bootlooping :( any way to fix this? first time trying to flash miui.

:(Freezes on the MIUI Android boot:'(

You have to update from the 3/23/12 build
If you don't have it, then here:
gannon's post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-12-2-3-7-miuigb-team-p-p-35.html#post1678339
Direct link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?bsh77ve6s3bopsv

EDIT:
Instructions:
1)Wipe everything and Install that^
2)Boot into phone, boot into recovery
3)Wipe /cache and dalvik-cache
4)Install new update

I still think this should be on the OP, because everyone has to update, a new flash from another ROM gives the same error on the Optimus V and M...either a boot loop, or no boot. Maybe gannon's sources got screwed up...

Last edited:
Reactions: heloworld

heloworld

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to update from the 3/23/12 build
If you don't have it, then here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-12-2-3-7-miuigb-team-p-p-35.html#post1678339
Direct link to download: MIUI-OV-03232012.zip

EDIT:
Instructions:
1)Wipe everything and Install that^
2)Boot into phone, boot into recovery
3)Wipe /cache and dalvik-cache
4)Install new update

I still think this should be on the OP, because everyone has to update, a new flash from another ROM gives the same error on the Optimus V and M...either a boot loop, or no boot. Maybe gannon's sources got screwed up...

Thank You :) :D

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
So what happens if later on we want to go back to another Rom. And then again to a future build do we have get 3/23/2012 and do every flash from then till the future update?)

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So what happens if later on we want to go back to another Rom. And then again to a future build do we have get 3/23/2012 and do every flash from then till the future update?)

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

you can skip dates to whatever you want . however , it is wise to do a complete wipe/cleaning before any of that..also some have built in gapps some dont .

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
you can skip dates to whatever you want . however , it is wise to do a complete wipe/cleaning before any of that..also some have built in gapps some dont .

A complete wipe still has boot issues....read earlier posts...

If you don't believe me, try it yourself, unless this is a baseband issue...

Last edited:

Primed1

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do themes work on the Optimus V? Because when me and sammyz12 ported it, online themes don't work.. they show up, but the pictures don't load, and when you try to download one, it force closes.. Is this an issue for you too?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Do themes work on the Optimus V? Because when me and sammyz12 ported it, online themes don't work.. they show up, but the pictures don't load, and when you try to download one, it force closes.. Is this an issue for you too?

EDIT: Online themes he means....
Now it just doesn't show up at all, is this a problem for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.