[ROM][4/14/12][2.3.7]MIUIgb! By team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys. I'll switch back to my old kernel for now. I'll probably just base it off of IHO Magpie or pure from now on. If I can find the time to do it.

Reactions: sammyz

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
A complete wipe caused boot issues....read earlier posts...

If you don't believe me, try it yourself, unless this is a baseband issue...

Hey I still got boot issues. I did the full wipe. So wat do u recommended for installation?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey I still got boot issues. I did the full wipe. So wat do u recommended for installation?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Here's how you fix it, I am addressing the issue for the last time, after this, I'm leaving it up to gannon to update his OP to tell everyone how to update.

EDIT: gannon added it to his OP :D

You have to update from the 3/23/12 build
If you don't have it, then here:
gannon's post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-12-2-3-7-miuigb-team-p-p-35.html#post1678339

Direct link to download: MIUI-OV-03232012.zip

Instructions:
1)Wipe everything and Install that^
2)Boot into phone, boot into recovery
3)Wipe /cache and dalvik-cache
4)Install new update

I still think this should be on the OP, because everyone has to update, a new flash from another ROM gives the same error on the Optimus V and M...either a boot loop, or no boot. Maybe gannon's sources got screwed up...

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Why not just keep it at bobzhome? Seems to be a good solid kernel with some speed.

my kernel is basically bobzhome's with patches to improve responsiveness. if we ca figure out why wireless isnt working for gannon, it should be just as stable and a little more responsive.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally figured out the trick to taking screenshots with this ROM. For anyone who wants to know, go to Settings > Personal > Toggle settings > Change Toggle style to compact. Then when you long press the Power button you will have the screenshot option just like in other Cyanogenmods. I found this out thanks to the guys (more specifically xxfamasxx) over at XDA's Galaxy Ace thread.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally figured out the trick to taking screenshots with this ROM. For anyone who wants to know, go to Settings > Personal > Toggle settings > Change Toggle style to compact. Then when you long press the Power button you will have the screenshot option just like in other Cyanogenmods. I found this out thanks to the guys (more specifically xxfamasxx) over at XDA's Galaxy Ace thread.

I found this out on my own, I didn't know that you guys didn't figure this out yet....

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
More than likely I'm probably the only one who hasn't figured it out. I figured I would share it though for others who possibly haven't. :p

This is irrelevant .... could you direct me to gannon's port guide, I have read that it exists in some of the threads on here but I can't find the link.
Edit: nvm found it

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys. After I finish up this, I'm going to be working on a very very secret and VERY special project. Hopefully get it out for my one year anniversary of having this phone and my birthday. Lol. May 1st, in case anybody was wondering. I can tell you that it will be based off ics. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out myself.. ;)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
im currently trying to fix up the wifi issue. wish me luck

Tell me if you need any info. And thanks! I can fix it simply by adding in the old kernel, but yours would be better.

Is anybody getting any better speeds with this update rather than the other ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.