05-10-2012 03:01 PM
937 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I tried using the BACKside Updater utility to flash back the original stock recovery image. I then renamed the OP's zip to "update.zip" and tried to install it. But it errors out with an invalid signature. And as this is the stock recovery, I can't easily disable that. If anyone was wondering...
    I wouldn't expect anything different
    04-04-2012 08:46 PM
    This made a big improvement in my 3G speeds. But to be fair, I was getting terrible speeds before. Around 130-150kbps and now I just ran speedtest and got 296kbps down and 255kbps up. So that roughly doubled for me. But I also hit the 2.5gb cap over a week ago. Only takes me a day or two. Thanks everyone of you people for all you do.
    Thanks for reporting this. No reason to bother with that "shortcut" then.
    04-04-2012 10:51 PM
    I've read all the recent pages and have a pretty good understanding of the process needed to get the radio update to stick however I could use some clarification on the GorditaRoot process. Below is the link I am using.

Gordita Root: Optimus V exploit March 24th 2012 - xda-developers

The main part I am unsure of is where / how do you enter the code into your phone? Can you download a terminal emulator and use it without the phone being rooted? If that is the case which do I use? Also I assume I can skip entering the echo lines in the script if I am typing the lines in manually?

Thanks in advanced to everyone evolved!
    04-05-2012 01:51 AM
    I've read all the recent pages and have a pretty good understanding of the process needed to get the radio update to stick however I could use some clarification on the GorditaRoot process. Below is the link I am using.

Gordita Root: Optimus V exploit March 24th 2012 - xda-developers

The main part I am unsure of is where / how do you enter the code into your phone? Can you download a terminal emulator and use it without the phone being rooted? If that is the case which do I use? Also I assume I can skip entering the echo lines in the script if I am typing the lines in manually?

Thanks in advanced to everyone evolved!
    Look herehttp://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=163365
    It's done useing adb

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-05-2012 02:07 AM
    Thanks again everyone! It worked woohooo

BTW I am getting an extra bar and my speed tests seem to be faster. Tomorrow I'll call someone and let everyone know if the voice sounds better. (I have one of the older OVs )
    04-05-2012 05:21 AM
    Finally did the full process, now verified running zv9. My 3G speed is actually slower now, calls seem okay. I'm not really worried about the 3G though, I spend too much time on WiFi. Also, I live in a notoriously bad reception area.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    04-05-2012 06:10 AM
    For me I don't see much difference... I ran speedtest.net on mine with zv9 and my wife's with zv4 an the results were both similar. I ran it Multiple times and
    Sometimes zv9 on top other times zv4. ZV9 might have a slight edge but it's no miracle worker.
    04-05-2012 07:02 AM
    Out of bravery (stupidity) I renamed the vm9 file to update.zip and tried using Bob's recovery to "install update.zip from sdcard" it still didn't work. It was worth a try

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    04-05-2012 08:32 AM
    so my phone says something like v5? That means it didn't work? I just did the flash radio update thing not the VM update.
    04-05-2012 08:36 AM
    so my phone says something like v5? That means it didn't work? I just did the flash radio update thing not the VM update.
    v4 = old phone
    v5 = new phone
    v9 = update

therefore...

it failed to flash. Too bad
    Dave Begue likes this.
    04-05-2012 08:39 AM
    v4 = old phone
    v5 = new phone
    v9 = update

therefore...

it failed to flash. Too bad
    rats - guess I'll wait on the one click method for windows since I can't even get drivers to work let alone adb
    04-05-2012 08:42 AM
    So I flashed the radio update an now it says "unknown" under baseband version.. and I don't remember what it said before if it even said anythin lol.. I'm gettin wayyy better battery life tho an calls sound good too. And better signal, even got bars in places where I didn't before..
    04-05-2012 09:22 AM
    Looks like you are running an iho rom O13... they all say "unknown" in the baseband version, so DONT FREAK OUT!!!
    04-05-2012 09:35 AM
    So I flashed the radio update an now it says "unknown" under baseband version.. and I don't remember what it said before if it even said anythin lol.. I'm gettin wayyy better battery life tho an calls sound good too. And better signal, even got bars in places where I didn't before..
    If your getting a signal in places you didn't before, that means the radio flash worked.
    04-05-2012 11:26 AM
    So, just to clarify before I do this, a nandroid will back up my SD card too, right? Or will I have to do that part myself?
    04-05-2012 11:30 AM
    No, nandroid does not backup the sdcard, you should do that for safety manually.
    cole2kb likes this.
    04-05-2012 12:03 PM
    Note- Even with a one-click method, you will still need to have ADB enabled.
    04-05-2012 12:05 PM
    I can't seem to find the link to download the full update ZIP, not the one with just the radio in the OP. Halp? lol.
    04-05-2012 01:00 PM
    Note- Even with a one-click method, you will still need to have ADB enabled.
    do you mean checking that box in the phone settings? I could do that - it's just using my computer to do stuff to my phone that is hard for me... stupid windows
    04-05-2012 01:24 PM
    I can't seem to find the link to download the full update ZIP, not the one with just the radio in the OP. Halp? lol.
    VMFreeMsg A security patch is available for ur phone. Go to virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5662 for info & instructions on how to download

Edit: Tried many times to edit the above to post a clean link. Couldn't. Few things in this world I hate as much as Swype
    04-05-2012 01:44 PM
    Click this link.
    LG Optimus V Android Phone | Virgin Mobile
    Scroll down until you see the update mentioned on the right side of the screen. Click it and it will start downloading for you.
    04-05-2012 01:49 PM
    Jsut got the living $#!t scared out of me thinking it was bootlooping. In the process of updating.

In case anyone else is having issues finding the full update.zip, it's on Virgin Mobile's page for the Optimus V, right hand side, scroll down, you'll see a link to Software Update VMH670ZV9 (or whatever).
    04-05-2012 02:02 PM
    Jsut got the living $#!t scared out of me thinking it was bootlooping. In the process of updating.

In case anyone else is having issues finding the full update.zip, it's on Virgin Mobile's page for the Optimus V, right hand side, scroll down, you'll see a link to Software Update VMH670ZV9 (or whatever).
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1690813
    04-05-2012 02:18 PM
    It wasn't bootlooping, just part of the flashing process. In my about phone screen, it says the baseband version is unknown, but the file that Jerry asked us to check now reads ZV9 as opposed to ZV4.

04-05-2012 02:25 PM
    While prepping the phone to re-list it on ebay I managed to bootloop to recovery. I had forgotten about using rzrecovery. I was on my nandroid from when I rooted the phone over a year ago. So during the update process, when it was suppose to boot to recovery to flash...well it got stuck in recovery.

I cheated and flashed a xionia recovery zip I had on my pc. Used the fix bootloop function and boom it booted to backside. I had tried to install a old version of backside I had but it kept booting to recovery. So with the xionnia recovery Im not flashing the update.zip. I had the bootlooping issue used sdb reboot recovery and finished that way. It also bootlooped after the radio update. Same thing adb reboot recovery then factory reset and cleared cache now it booted and Im about to reroot.
    04-05-2012 02:41 PM
937 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD