05-10-2012 04:01 PM
937 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...252Fupdate.zip

Edit: wow guess I should have refreshed first lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-05-2012 03:44 PM
    I went through the whole process of installing the 2.2.2 security update, then re-rooting and restoring the nandroid of IHO. ZV9 is now sticking

3g speeds are better at my home. I was running zv4 previously, and the 61677 hybrid PRL. Went from ~450 kbps to 1000 Had full bars of coverage previously at home, so a double in 3g speed is very nice. Call quality is noticeably better too.
    04-05-2012 06:00 PM
    Same here, did the whole shebang: nandroid, full wipe, ran update.zip twice, then the Gordita exploit, then restored my nandroid. MiRaGe DOES show ZV9 now

Excellent job jcase and Jerry did with that exploit!

Now for the interesting part, radio and and reception: At first boot, I still only had -102-105 dBm in my office -- same as before, a little disappointing. Then I cycled Airplane mode, and boom, increased to -95 dBm. It hasn't dropped below -97 dBm since (ie I haven't seen numbers above 97). That is pretty awesome!

I am still on stock PRL. Last I looked into it there were no changes for my area in the latest PRLs. I may look into that again.

But if you haven't gotten improvements with ZV9, try cycling Airplane mode!

Thanks to all who shared here. It helped me a lot.
    Dave Begue likes this.
    04-05-2012 07:58 PM
    I've searched this and xda for an answer for my question with no luck. I know I've probable over looked it but maybe someone here can help. First, I just jumped from an optimus s to a new 2.2.2 optimus v, I've rooted,and flashed cm7 with xionia recovery. I want to flash the update.zip with the new zv9 radio. I've got all the steps down (I think) My one question is If I flash the update.zip with xionia will it cause a radio mismatch? I know with the optimus s you can flash it twice and it works. Is that the same case with the v?

BTW been reading all the threads in optimus v forum and I must say the devs here are great. Thats one of the reasons I chose the optimus v when I had to let my optimus s go. Thanks in advance.
    04-05-2012 08:47 PM
    I've searched this and xda for an answer for my question with no luck. I know I've probable over looked it but maybe someone here can help. First, I just jumped from an optimus s to a new 2.2.2 optimus v, I've rooted,and flashed cm7 with xionia recovery. I want to flash the update.zip with the new zv9 radio. I've got all the steps down (I think) My one question is If I flash the update.zip with xionia will it cause a radio mismatch? I know with the optimus s you can flash it twice and it works. Is that the same case with the v?

BTW been reading all the threads in optimus v forum and I must say the devs here are great. Thats one of the reasons I chose the optimus v when I had to let my optimus s go. Thanks in advance.
    Yes flash twice. Once from any non-Touch recovery. Reboot and let stock load then boot into recovery it should be stock now and flash the update.zip again. Then you'll be on stock unrooted 2.2.2 and have to reroot via GorditaRoot

dobbs69 likes this.
    04-05-2012 09:01 PM
    ^^
    That's pretty much been the essence of everything posted the last few pages in this thread: You flash update.zip twice.

Maybe read it one more time in case you missed some other important steps. Look for posts from thewraith420, JerryScript and mrg666. Mrg had a nice checklist a few pages back.
    dobbs69 likes this.
    04-05-2012 09:03 PM
    Thanks "thewraith420" I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about these little phones.
    04-05-2012 09:07 PM
    ^^
    That's pretty much been the essence of everything posted the last few pages in this thread: You flash update.zip twice.

Maybe read it one more time in case you missed some other important steps. Look for posts from thewraith420, JerryScript and mrg666. Mrg had a nice checklist a few pages back.
    You are right , I did see the flash twice along with all the other instructions. What I didn't see was any mention of any certain recovery one might need prior to flashing the update.zip. Just didn't want to make any brick mistakes. Thanks again for your comments. I'll probably read all the post a couple of more times before I jump.

Edit. Found mrg post. thanks dannemand
    Dannemand likes this.
    04-05-2012 09:12 PM
    Getting much better reception at work, not so much at home, but work was the main concern. Baseband is labeled as 'Unknown' now, but I imagine it will fix itself once I flash a new ROM. Thanks everyone for the help / instructions. This phone just keeps on kicking and I love it.

OH, hey, question: Can I flash to a different recovery now that this process is complete? IHO / Bobzhome won't work right for me, I can't mount USB Storage in either of them (getting that 'ums lunfile' error). Didn't know if I had to leave it alone with the new root / recovery protection included in this update.
    04-05-2012 11:47 PM
    Yes, after you are done flashing the radio or update.zip from VM, you can install whatever recovery you like and proceed as usual.
    cole2kb likes this.
    04-06-2012 12:49 AM
    Hello everybody. I updated radio with ra-thunderc-v-1.2.0-gnm. It did NOT, NOT work. My phone will not boot past lg logo. Pc wont recognise phone either. Is there anyone that knows what to do. Maybee I can send my phone to someone so they could try to unbrick it. All help would be appreciated thank you
    04-06-2012 09:39 AM
    Hello everybody. I updated radio with ra-thunderc-v-1.2.0-gnm. It did NOT, NOT work. My phone will not boot past lg logo. Pc wont recognise phone either. Is there anyone that knows what to do. Maybee I can send my phone to someone so they could try to unbrick it. All help would be appreciated thank you
    What recovery did you use
    04-06-2012 10:18 AM
    What recovery did you use
    I believe ra-thunderc-v-1.2.0-gnm is the recovery name. I think it's the same one I have:

recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img.zip

Not sure about v1.2.0, but my v1.1.0 is very old. It predates IHO by quite a bit.
    04-06-2012 10:31 AM
    Ever since flashing the radio update, I have had three random reboots, two within five minutes of each other.

No overclock.

First time was when toggling airplane mode. The second two times were both right after I sent a text message (reboot during sending.)

Going to try a full wipe / flash today and see if that helps, but anyone else feel free to chime in, or is anyone else experiencing these symptoms?
    04-06-2012 10:43 AM
    Can you boot into recovery? How far through the process did you get?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2012 11:18 AM
    Ever since flashing the radio update, I have had three random reboots, two within five minutes of each other.

No overclock.

First time was when toggling airplane mode. The second two times were both right after I sent a text message (reboot during sending.)

Going to try a full wipe / flash today and see if that helps, but anyone else feel free to chime in, or is anyone else experiencing these symptoms?
    I haven't experienced anything like that..... I did flash backside fresh shortly after doing the update. Maybe that's the difference.
    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2012 11:21 AM

No overclock.

Me too, and my phone is normally a rock, even when overclocked - and this was without OC. Happened when I cycled airplane mode and OpenSignals was running. I guess the latter could be the cause.
    04-06-2012 12:14 PM
    Me too, and my phone is normally a rock, even when overclocked - and this was without OC. Happened when I cycled airplane mode and OpenSignals was running. I guess the latter could be the cause.
    I flashed the radio again yesterday and tapatalk started force closing on me (and that's on froyo where I never get problems)
    04-06-2012 12:18 PM
    Decided to try out OpenSignals to see if I could duplicate the problem but so far it runs fine.. Pretty cool app too...

04-06-2012 01:50 PM
    I can also add that I have the older 2.2.1 phone and my oc is 600 min 806 max

04-06-2012 02:37 PM
    I also have a 2.2.1 phone, and mine's at 480/806. I haven't had any problems, even when using airplane mode. However, I did have to flash the update 3 or 4 times because it kept bootlooping on me. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but just to throw it out there.
    04-06-2012 02:46 PM
    Decided to try out OpenSignals to see if I could duplicate the problem but so far it runs fine.. Pretty cool app too...
    Yes, I was blown away the first time I tried OpenSignals. Only thing I don't like is it keeps running after you close it, notify whenever you loose or regain connection, and send tower data to the mothership in the background. And it does so even if you tell it not to under settings. You basically have to Force Stop it when you're done. But it's still really cool.

BTW I haven't seen any FCs or other stability problems other than that single time after my update. Wiped dalvik and cache, hopefully that took care of it.

Also updated my PRL to 60686 (from stock 61007). We'll see how it all goes.
    04-06-2012 02:47 PM
    I did have OpenSignal on there before, but I did a full wipe this morning and everything was smooth, until just now. Random reboot while texting. No overclock. Can someone take a second and tell me how to run a logcat? Isn't that what I should be doing to diagnose problems? I'm also using GoSMS if that's relevant.
    04-06-2012 04:05 PM
    I did have OpenSignal on there before, but I did a full wipe this morning and everything was smooth, until just now. Random reboot while texting. No overclock. Can someone take a second and tell me how to run a logcat? Isn't that what I should be doing to diagnose problems? I'm also using GoSMS if that's relevant.
    I've also had a few reboot issues after doing the radio update. After sending texts It will reboot (happens about once a day). I did a complete reinstall of Jerry's latest OS and am using Bobs recommended recovery.

I am going to try completely redoing the entire process again to see if that has any effect on the reboots.

P.S. The first time I flashed the VM9 zip (with the CWM-Based v4.0.1.5 recovery) I was stuck at the android screen for over 20 mins. I pulled the battery and booted into the stock recovery and installed VM9 again everything after that was normal. Should i have been stuck in that boot loop? If so should I have done something differently? And could that have been causing the randomish restarts that I am having now?
    04-06-2012 05:46 PM

P.S. The first time I flashed the VM9 zip (with the CWM-Based v4.0.1.5 recovery) I was stuck at the android screen for over 20 mins. I pulled the battery and booted into the stock recovery and installed VM9 again everything after that was normal. Should i have been stuck in that boot loop? If so should I have done something differently? And could that have been causing the randomish restarts that I am having now?
    Same thing happened to me. I pulled the battery, booted into stock recovery, factory reset, and rebooted. Just to make sure I had the update, I flashed VM9 from settings/AboutPhone/SWUpdate.
    04-06-2012 07:45 PM
937 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD