05-10-2012 03:01 PM
937 ... 34567 ...
tools
    So can I use the VM670NH recovery safely?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-19-2012 05:46 PM
    glad i read the post or i would have a brick
    Good thing some people read. Touch recovery is garbage imo.

If fastboot works and has write permissions people can possibly save their phones that way. Flash a compatible recovery to do the radio and compatible rom that way.

Assuming your recovery is gone BTW. If your recovery still comes up then take the risk and flash another recovery, reboot, wipe and start over.
    03-19-2012 05:48 PM
    So can I use the VM670NH recovery safely?

That is the one I used to flash the radio on both mine and my moms OV's.
    03-19-2012 05:51 PM
    soo there is no hope for us who briked there phones : / i have insurance i wonder if theyll take it back ha : D
    03-19-2012 05:52 PM
    Wait and see if someone gets something going with fastboot.

Leslie / other smart people: I'm obviously going to get rid of the touch recovery, what's the latest recommended recovery? I'm running Quattrimus right now but will probably be switching back to an IHO build until CM9 gets a little more stable.
    03-19-2012 05:58 PM
    Okay Thanks Hopefully Someone does get something with fast boot ( :
    03-19-2012 06:03 PM
    You have fixed thousands of phones and borked a couple. You still have an excellent record. I personally don't blame you one bit. The recovery is the most crucial part of the phone. People should know what it can or can't do before they throw it on their phone. It says on the cwmt thread that it doesn't flash radios. Its the second mention on the opening post. I just got a kindle fire and I am slowly reading everything I can before I start tearing in to it. Its common sense when using unofficial methods of making your device cooler. Anyone blaming Leslie is way off. Its people not doing their homework and jumping the gun that caused this.

03-19-2012 06:05 PM
    Wait and see if someone gets something going with fastboot.

Leslie / other smart people: I'm obviously going to get rid of the touch recovery, what's the latest recommended recovery? I'm running Quattrimus right now but will probably be switching back to an IHO build until CM9 gets a little more stable.
    This is the one that LeslieAnn recommends.
    cole2kb and cmerlyn like this.
    03-19-2012 06:06 PM
    Yes! I successfully flash the radio update, using vm670nh and on the latest news backside!!! My signal seems to be better Ill keep an eye on it!!! Thanks, Ian still sad for thous who's phone bricked while using touch recovery i hope it'll boot once a few days pass!! And the phone adapts to the new radio till them try leaving it off with the battery inside!! Luck guys/girls!!
    03-19-2012 06:07 PM
    Really is a shame
    03-19-2012 06:16 PM
    i tried asadullah fastboot root did not work says device cannot be foundoh well tried ! :/
    03-19-2012 06:21 PM
    I wasn't speaking about root. Please read and stop jumping ahead before you really mess things up more. That's what got you into this mess to begin with. ;-)
    03-19-2012 06:43 PM
    I have flashed the v9 radio in one of the two OVs I have. Both of them are configured exactly the same but the only difference is v9 radio now. Turned the WiFi off on both of them and did the following test.

- Monitored the singal strength in dBm over several minutes: No difference
    - Ran Speedtest over 3G multiple times on both using the same server: No difference
    - Called the home phone with both: No difference in voice quality

I will not even bother flashing the v9 radio on the other one.
    03-19-2012 06:56 PM
    Seems like it was just a placebo then.
    03-19-2012 07:01 PM
    The link has been restored.
    After seeing that it was warned on the recovery threads, I feel a bit better about the whole thing. Thanks everyone.

I'm going to redo the first post a bit as well.

Edit: First post has been updated.
    Vishwar likes this.
    03-19-2012 07:37 PM
    Seems like it was just a placebo then.
    Not necessarily. YMMV.
    03-19-2012 07:48 PM
    At first I stated that there was no apparent effect after flashing the new radio. Now, I'm kinda thinking it's made my 3g even slower and less stable. This is based solely on a few Speedtest.net tests and how often I'm getting dropped while USB tethered with PDANET. I take it it's not possible to extract the radio firmware from a stock OV ROM?
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-19-2012 07:52 PM
    At first I stated that there was no apparent effect after flashing the new radio. Now, I'm kinda thinking it's made my 3g even slower and less stable. This is based solely on a few Speedtest.net tests and how often I'm getting dropped while USB tethered with PDANET. I take it it's not possible to extract the radio firmware from a stock OV ROM?
    We can't access the radio image on our OVs and there certainly is no radio included with any roms since we've never had one before to flash. I don't even think we can see the radio on the phone with adb or anything... its certainly not under "/" like the rest of the rom.
    03-19-2012 07:56 PM
    I will not even bother flashing the v9 radio on the other one.
    I don't blame you.

It's not a big deal, but you know how people are, "SHINY! MUST HAVE!".

Better someone puts it out in a way we can control and be sure is at least relatively safe, instead of people just doing whatever and causing problems.

And before anyone thinks I'm any dif... OH! PRETTY! What was I saying?
    03-19-2012 07:56 PM
    Getting dropped through USB has nothing to do with the radio update.
    I'm guessing rom/app/flash issues.
    03-19-2012 07:58 PM
    I don't blame you.

Better someone puts it out in a way we can control and be sure is at least relatively safe, instead of people just doing whatever and causing problems.

At least we didn't have the whole OV community flashing the unchanged update from virgin... then we would all be screwed with unrootable phones.
    03-19-2012 08:00 PM
    I flashed it.....

Lucky I changed recoveries because I got annoyed with touching it.

03-19-2012 08:02 PM
    I feel like this whole experience will be a useful "would you jump of the bridge if everyone else did?" experience... I still haven't flashed it and I don't know if I ever want to now.
    03-19-2012 08:12 PM
    The link has been restored.
    After seeing that it was warned on the recovery threads, I feel a bit better about the whole thing. Thanks everyone.

I'm going to redo the first post a bit as well.

Edit: First post has been updated.
    I would have never blamed you if something happened to my phone because of my need to have something shinny and new. Well say that the radio does help with 3g in my area. And on the note of the Touch Recovery I may go back because my camera button is a little wonky, it works but iwonky.
    03-19-2012 08:12 PM
    I don't blame you.

You are funny ... and very helpful. Thanks for all of your effort.
    03-19-2012 08:21 PM
937 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD