[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update

Can't someone with the old radio just pull it off their phone, replace the file in the update ZIP, and flash that?

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

I read through the thread before flashing and had CWMT installed. Flashed CWM using ROMManager (yes i know don't use ROMManager) Use that method at your own risk I have never had any issues with it. Then flashed the radio update. Works fine haven't seen any difference yet. Flashing quattimus alpha 7 soon. Will post any changes noticed in that thread.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't someone with the old radio just pull it off their phone, replace the file in the update ZIP, and flash that?

This is the Optimus V's FIRST radio.

I read through the thread before flashing and had CWMT installed. Flashed CWM using ROMManager (yes i know don't use ROMManager) Use that method at your own risk I have never had any issues with it. Then flashed the radio update. Works fine haven't seen any difference yet. Flashing quattimus alpha 7 soon. Will post any changes noticed in that thread.

Hopefully there is a difference. Otherwise, people are bricking their phones for no reason :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Saw that people ended with bricked OV's after flashing with CWMT and flashed the BobzHome Recovery and flashed fine. May keep it even though my camera button is wonky. This is not the OV's first Radio this is the OV's first Radio update

Last edited:

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

glad i read the post :cool: or i would have a brick :D

Yeah, you and me both. Damn near just flashed it without reading through. Glad I decided to check other's experiences with it first. The OP should probably update the first post to mention the Touch recovery issue.

EDIT: guess she's 1 step ahead of me and it's already updated

DarkLG

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

lol Didn't bother checking which Recov I had(ended up being multirom one most likely) but now I have a bricked phone haha tried booting into emergency didnt' work :/

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

lol Didn't bother checking which Recov I had(ended up being multirom one most likely) but now I have a bricked phone haha tried booting into emergency didnt' work :/

Yeah, I only made it big bold text, highlighted in yellow just to make it look pretty. :confused:

DarkLG

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I only made it big bold text, highlighted in yellow just to make it look pretty. :confused:

Do NOT FLASH WITH TOUCH RECOVERY!
We have reports of the touch recovery bricking when you flash this. Xionia, IHO and Bobzhome IHO appear to work fine.
Didn't see any mention of the multirom recovery >.> Now it can be added.

goggles99

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks - another Success here. Flashed with CWM. I have not noticed any difference but I also have not yet left the house.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Didn't see any mention of the multirom recovery >.> Now it can be added.

What part of EXPERIMENTAL did you not understand about MultiRom?
Not to mention that recovery is TOUCHSCREEN.

What part of all of that did you not understand?

Sorry, but if I'm going to flash something risky that has already bricked a few phones, I certainly wouldn't be trying to flash it with an experimental recovery that matches the description of something you were told would brick your phone.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Link removed
Apparently people cannot read or think, so it's just safer this way.*

*At least until we get a method of fixing it, then you people can brick all you want and I won't have to feel bad about it.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So... To those who flashed and bricked... How bricked are you? Can you access recovery? And does your computer see the phone if it's plugged in?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.