[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
glad i read the post :cool: or i would have a brick :D

Good thing some people read. Touch recovery is garbage imo.

If fastboot works and has write permissions people can possibly save their phones that way. Flash a compatible recovery to do the radio and compatible rom that way.

Assuming your recovery is gone BTW. If your recovery still comes up then take the risk and flash another recovery, reboot, wipe and start over.

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - REMOVED

soo there is no hope for us who briked there phones : / i have insurance i wonder if theyll take it back ha : D

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Wait and see if someone gets something going with fastboot.

Leslie / other smart people: I'm obviously going to get rid of the touch recovery, what's the latest recommended recovery? I'm running Quattrimus right now but will probably be switching back to an IHO build until CM9 gets a little more stable.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You have fixed thousands of phones and borked a couple. You still have an excellent record. I personally don't blame you one bit. The recovery is the most crucial part of the phone. People should know what it can or can't do before they throw it on their phone. It says on the cwmt thread that it doesn't flash radios. Its the second mention on the opening post. I just got a kindle fire and I am slowly reading everything I can before I start tearing in to it. Its common sense when using unofficial methods of making your device cooler. Anyone blaming Leslie is way off. Its people not doing their homework and jumping the gun that caused this.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Wait and see if someone gets something going with fastboot.

Leslie / other smart people: I'm obviously going to get rid of the touch recovery, what's the latest recommended recovery? I'm running Quattrimus right now but will probably be switching back to an IHO build until CM9 gets a little more stable.

This is the one that LeslieAnn recommends.

Reactions: cmerlyn and cole2kb

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Yes! I successfully flash the radio update, using vm670nh and on the latest news backside!!! My signal seems to be better Ill keep an eye on it!!! Thanks, Ian still sad for thous who's phone bricked while using touch recovery :( i hope it'll boot once a few days pass!! And the phone adapts to the new radio till them try leaving it off with the battery inside!! Luck guys/girls!!

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

i tried asadullah fastboot root did not work says device cannot be foundoh well tried ! :/

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't speaking about root. Please read and stop jumping ahead before you really mess things up more. That's what got you into this mess to begin with. ;-)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have flashed the v9 radio in one of the two OVs I have. Both of them are configured exactly the same but the only difference is v9 radio now. Turned the WiFi off on both of them and did the following test.

- Monitored the singal strength in dBm over several minutes: No difference
- Ran Speedtest over 3G multiple times on both using the same server: No difference
- Called the home phone with both: No difference in voice quality

I will not even bother flashing the v9 radio on the other one.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

The link has been restored.
After seeing that it was warned on the recovery threads, I feel a bit better about the whole thing. Thanks everyone.

I'm going to redo the first post a bit as well.

Edit: First post has been updated.

Last edited:

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

At first I stated that there was no apparent effect after flashing the new radio. Now, I'm kinda thinking it's made my 3g even slower and less stable. This is based solely on a few Speedtest.net tests and how often I'm getting dropped while USB tethered with PDANET. I take it it's not possible to extract the radio firmware from a stock OV ROM?

Reactions: JerryScript

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

At first I stated that there was no apparent effect after flashing the new radio. Now, I'm kinda thinking it's made my 3g even slower and less stable. This is based solely on a few Speedtest.net tests and how often I'm getting dropped while USB tethered with PDANET. I take it it's not possible to extract the radio firmware from a stock OV ROM?

We can't access the radio image on our OVs and there certainly is no radio included with any roms since we've never had one before to flash. I don't even think we can see the radio on the phone with adb or anything... its certainly not under "/" like the rest of the rom.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I will not even bother flashing the v9 radio on the other one.
I don't blame you.

It's not a big deal, but you know how people are, "SHINY! MUST HAVE!".

Better someone puts it out in a way we can control and be sure is at least relatively safe, instead of people just doing whatever and causing problems.

And before anyone thinks I'm any dif... OH! PRETTY! What was I saying?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Getting dropped through USB has nothing to do with the radio update.
I'm guessing rom/app/flash issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis