[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

I just had an interesting little episode that I thought might be worth sharing. I decided to flash "Amphetamines" onto my phone. It flashed ok, but upon reboot into OS I had no signal whatsoever. The radio was completely unresponsive. Wouldn't even toggle into Airplane mode. Had to do a restore to get it working again. So, unless you like having to restore for no good reason, might wanna avoid Amphetamines after flashing the radio update.

There is no need to even download and flash it anyways, the script is already included in IHO builds.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

A simple reboot would have fix the 3g! Happen to me this morning, and I did not flash amphetamines.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

A simple reboot would have fix the 3g! Happen to me this morning, and I did not flash amphetamines.

If this is in reply to my issue, a "simple reboot" did nothing to bring back the radio. Several reboots did nothing.

LeslieAnn: Perhaps the order in which they're flashed makes some difference. Amphetamines before radio is ok, but Amph after radio = wonky? Who knows. Seemed worth mentioning.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

There is no need to even download and flash it anyways, the script is already included in IHO builds.

According to JerryScript in the Amph thread: "Some of this is already built into IHO, I believe in the system.prop file. I'll look into it later, thanks for posting!"

If there's only "some of" the scripts already built-in, it stands to reason that "some" of it may not be and that there's a possibility that it may provide some added benefits.

Reactions: cammykool

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

According to JerryScript in the Amph thread: "Some of this is already built into IHO, I believe in the system.prop file. I'll look into it later, thanks for posting!"

If there's only "some of" the scripts already built-in, it stands to reason that "some" of it may not be and that there's a possibility that it may provide some added benefits.

In any case you can run the commands without even flashing the script anyways, which tells me that the script is not needed for IHO ROM'S.

monkeysez

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

I want to share my experience with the new radio. At work, my signal was constantly at -120dbm. After the radio update, my phone is at -98dbm and I can finally receive calls! So, it definitely helped me. Thanks Leslieann.

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I was unable to receive/send text after the raido update, anyone has same issue?

SMS/MMS is down for VM at the moment. There is another thread about it. Nothing to do with the radio update. I called VM and there is a message about it and they are working on it.

Reactions: Badboytoast

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

just flashed it in about 2 minutes. everything's fine. I really don't notice anything with speeds but I have an extra bar of service

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

If you flashed the radio and you are not sending/receiving texts that service is down right now, call VM and you hear a message about how they are working on it.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to share my experience with the new radio. At work, my signal was constantly at -120dbm. After the radio update, my phone is at -98dbm and I can finally receive calls! So, it definitely helped me. Thanks Leslieann.
Thank you for that update.

Just checking: So you never had reception at work before (consistently for weeks, months) and now you do? Consistently? Did you also update PRL?

Even if (some) others saw little or no difference with the radio update, this would be strong evidence that it actually does something - at least for some phones.

I am tempted now. I always had a weak radio in my OV - whereas my wife's OV has a strong radio. Go figure, they were bought together in Feb 2011.

@LeslieAnn, Jerry, mrg666, Bobz, are any of you working to release anything with this update that would be a reason to wait? Otherwise I may go ahead and try it.

Thanks all.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for that update.

Just checking: So you never had reception at work before (consistently for weeks, months) and now you do? Consistently? Did you also update PRL?

Even if (some) others saw little or no difference with the radio update, this would be strong evidence that it actually does something - at least for some phones.

I am tempted now. I always had a weak radio in my OV - whereas my wife's OV has a strong radio. Go figure, they were bought together in Feb 2011.

@LeslieAnn, Jerry, mrg666, Bobz, are any of you working to release anything with this update that would be a reason to wait? Otherwise I may go ahead and try it.

Thanks all.

Just do not use Touch Recovery to flash it, and my 3g is better: but I did update my prl about a month ago so the combo of the two probably helped.

Reactions: Dannemand

locogod

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Can anybody help me i get this log file

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

18:10:26 : Launching SW update
18:10:26 : Unpacking KDZ
18:10:28 : KDZ file extraced
18:10:28 : Files were extracted.
18:10:28 : LGMobileDL Load.
18:10:30 : Port = 0
18:10:31 : Connecting to phone
18:10:42 : Check Phone mode = 2
18:10:49 : Phone type check.......
18:10:49 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
18:10:49 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(30030)
18:10:49 : LoadLibrary Error(126)
18:10:51 : ===FINISHED===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon