[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I might try this, I just don't really want to change my recovery. I like the touch recovery too much. Could I swap out my recovery, flash this, then switch back?

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

I might try this, I just don't really want to change my recovery. I like the touch recovery too much. Could I swap out my recovery, flash this, then switch back?

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

yup just keep the files on the sd card and switch when you like/need to

monkeysez

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

Yes for about 2-3 months, hardly any reception at work. Calls would be hit or miss throughout the day. Now I am consistently receiving calls, texts, and such at signal is at about -98dbm. I did not change my PRL.

Reactions: Dannemand

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for that update.

Just checking: So you never had reception at work before (consistently for weeks, months) and now you do? Consistently? Did you also update PRL?

Even if (some) others saw little or no difference with the radio update, this would be strong evidence that it actually does something - at least for some phones.

I am tempted now. I always had a weak radio in my OV - whereas my wife's OV has a strong radio. Go figure, they were bought together in Feb 2011.

@LeslieAnn, Jerry, mrg666, Bobz, are any of you working to release anything with this update that would be a reason to wait? Otherwise I may go ahead and try it.

Thanks all.

Speaking for myself, I would never mix a radio update with the ROM.

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Speed is definitely better. I can actually stream YouTube lately and update apps in the market. Will run a speedtest later.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Dizzmal said:
LeslieAnn: Perhaps the order in which they're flashed makes some difference. Amphetamines before radio is ok, but Amph after radio = wonky? Who knows. Seemed worth mentioning.

Possible, but as others have said, it seems just a glitch.

@LeslieAnn, Jerry, mrg666, Bobz, are any of you working to release anything with this update that would be a reason to wait? Otherwise I may go ahead and try it.
We may get some files out of the rom, if so, they will make it into Harmonia 1.
The recovery is useless, we do not want that.

Basically the radio update and possibly a few files, that's all we would want from it.
See below for more.

Speaking for myself, I would never mix a radio update with the ROM.
I COMPLETELY agree.
Do one thing at a time, that way if something messes up, you can fix it without dealing with multiple problems or figuring out what caused it.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

After the update, I can't send nor receive texts. Data is fine. Any ideas? I got xionia

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

It's not the update, it's VM. There's a separate thread on this already, although it seems like messaging is starting to come back.

Reactions: MidtownHD

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I did the update. Signal seems a little better (I usually only get one bar inside my house... it's been at two all day) and quality seems about the same.

I can't vouch for 3G speeds. They were pretty poor before but to be honest I'm in a wifi zone 90+% of the time.

However battery life certainly seems better! Doesn't seem to be sucking down the juice as much in low signal areas!

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed the new radio, it flashed really quick just a few seconds is that right?

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I live in an area with poor 3G coverage, I can only use the phone in certain spots around the house, often have to go outside to keep a call from dropping. Since this radio update I see obvious improvements, I have extra bar on average and phone works throughout the house now.

Also, in the gym where 3G is also weak and no WiFi, my Pandora works much better now, less buffering, which means better data throughput on 3G.

All in all, very happy with this update, its not just SHINY for me, LOL!

LeslieAnn, as always, big thanks for taking the time to make it easy for us!

Reactions: Badboytoast

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

For those who have flashed this update, when you report on how much it changed things could you specify what your coverage was before and after? It seems that the people with terrible coverage are seeing improvements but those with better coverage haven't seen real improvements. I want to see if we can really find a correlation.

Maybe OP could make a poll:

Has this helped coverage at all?
1. Yes I had poor coverage before (0-1 bars) now better
2. Yes I had good coverage before (1- 3 bars) now better (4)
3. No I had poor coverage and still do
4. No I had good coverage and still do
5. Coverage is worse

This way we might be able to see if it helped as a whole;)

Status
Not open for further replies.