[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

EDITv2: 3g icon is still greyed out. But when I go into settings>wireless the airplane mode box is checked but there isn't the "airplane" symbol in the staus bar just the greyed out 3g icon. If I untick the airplane mode box it'll act like it's reverting but the process takes about 40 seconds and comes back ticked in the box...
Damn, I need my phone for work...
Restart the phone, it will probably restore 3g.

If not, flash Harmonia 1 and run Activate.

I had the FC situation at one point as well, but it was because I was testing the rom update at the same time.

Hondanut

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I flashed this update last night and the calls do sound clearer, no 3g or wifi issues with xiona recovery and backside iho rom. I also changed my prl a few days ago from 61007 to 60685 which is from my buddy's sprint phone, seem to have less dead spots than before. Overall happy with this phone and the service, and this site is also a must for droid users.

tino1973

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

hey i have a brand new optimus v version 2.2.1/sw version zv5 and inferior human organs recovery v4.0.1.4.3 has any body flash vm9 update patch with any problem..and on side note will this possible work for triumph?

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

hey i have a brand new optimus v version 2.2.1/sw version zv5 and inferior human organs recovery v4.0.1.4.3 has any body flash vm9 update patch with any problem..and on side note will this possible work for triumph?

If the Optimus V and the Triumph has the same exact radio, then yes, it will work IMHO. I doubt it though and I would wait for the experts, such as Whyzor, to post something on the Triumph forums about it. If it worked, I imagine someone there would have it already.

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Restart the phone, it will probably restore 3g.

If not, flash Harmonia 1 and run Activate.

I had the FC situation at one point as well, but it was because I was testing the rom update at the same time.

This worked and got my phone back up. Thanks again LeslieAnn, you're a sweet heart once again!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Oh boy, I flashed this using the IHO Recovery and the latest Harmonia ROM. When the OV gets done booting and I get past my lockscreen a window pops up saying " The android.phone process unexpectedly terminated" every second or so after I close that window, the 3g icon was greyed out and obviously was not getting a signal. Plus WiFi doesn't work saying there's an "error".
Now I don't get that popup any more cause the only fix was to put it in airplane mode. Now I find out I can't get it out of airplane mode. I untick the box in settings and I also have an icon on the pulldown bar which does nothing.
I wiped, re installed, changed ROM's and nothing yet.
Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

I see you restarted and got the phone to work. Another option if this continues is to boot to recovery>advnaced>fix permissions.

Sometimes when flashing something it will goof up the permission setting. 90% of the time it is easy to fix other times you will need to reflash a rom to get it working.

Reactions: mysticalnyte

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

If the Optimus V and the Triumph has the same exact radio, then yes, it will work IMHO. I doubt it though and I would wait for the experts, such as Whyzor, to post something on the Triumph forums about it. If it worked, I imagine someone there would have it already.

No.

It will not work.

Please, read before giving someone such a lethal recommendation.

Tronzie

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Has anybody as performed a documented test to show that this procedure really improves radio performance? I have read the thread and I am kind of confused by results. Thanks!:-\

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Has anybody as performed a documented test to show that this procedure really improves radio performance? I have read the thread and I am kind of confused by results. Thanks!:-\

Unless you have a Faraday cage and a private radio tower, it's almost impossible to be sure.

However...
The general consensus seems to be that:
Newer phones see a slight signal boost, I.E. getting reception in places they didn't before, but only a small amount. Sometimes, that is all you need though.
Older phones seem to get the above, but also have better call quality. This is most likely because they have an older phone/radio.

reddragon79

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Jus wandered what prl some of u might be running i flashed the radio update with 60683 prl my cell standby is way up there im also using LeWa-OV-3.2.2 as my rom

imprzwv

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm running 22081 with the radio update
My service is more reliable with data and better speeds than before.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I have an heh hem "extra" OV so I will flash it on that one first and do a comparison....try to have an update and re-post in a few days and let you all know :)
Btw my singnal is also poor @ home and am approximately a mile from a tower

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What I've read is some see improved signal and speeds some don't. Probably a lot of factors come into play. I did the update and haven't really noticed a difference. Prl helped me though

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Cincy Dad

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

First time post here. My wife and I both have the older Optimus V with CWM 3.2.0.1 recovery and the CM7.2 rom. I flashed the radio update on my phone and do not see any improvement between mine and the wife's. I did some side by side comparisons in our house (where we normally get good reception anyway) and compared signal strength, download speed and the time to load a large web page. Both were comparable. There is one place where my phone leaves her in the dust. When I run the speedtest app, it used to take forever to find a server to begin the test and then get through the ping test. My phone is clearly faster through these areas and I saw it time and time again comparing our phones. It makes me wonder if some aspect of the 3G connectivity (not necessarily down/up speeds) was improved. I'm going to hold off on updating the wife's phone so that I can see if there is a big difference when we get into areas where reception is poor on her's. The different results people are seeing after this update may not just be the phone, maybe there's differences between towers. I'm not really an expert but thought I would throw that idea out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.