[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So, I could be wrong about this, but if signal reception was improved with this radio update, wouldn't it also improve battery life? From what I think I understand, the radio uses more power in areas of poor reception, so it would use less power with improved reception? Am I right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

PMUSER

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

I am about to pull the trigger. Just to be sure though, I am using ClockWorkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1 should this work or should I install a different recovery?

Cincy Dad

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I am about to pull the trigger. Just to be sure though, I am using ClockWorkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1 should this work or should I install a different recovery?

Based on reading past posts in this thread, several of us (including me) have that same version of CWM recovery and the flash was applied without any problems.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So, I could be wrong about this, but if signal reception was improved with this radio update, wouldn't it also improve battery life? From what I think I understand, the radio uses more power in areas of poor reception, so it would use less power with improved reception? Am I right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

At least in theory....

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

If you have a properly functioning kernel, and and properly written frameworks, and compatible libraries, and all three match up with the radio's specifications, then you should get better battery life.

The kernel needs to handle network state switching appropriately.

The frameworks need to handle the interactions with the RIL (radio interface level) appropriately.

The libraries need to have the appropriate pieces to allow each of the other portions of the system to work and interact with each other.

Have any one not completely compatible with the rest of the system, and battery life will suffer as the system fights itself.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

Timand1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update

My phone is bricked when i flashed this using the Touch recovery. The phone is refusing to go past the LG logo.

Sorry for the lot of you who bricked there phones but in this world where rooting and flashing is concerned maybe you should not try experimental stuff unless you know for a fact you can bring it back. Lesileann has a Guide Thread everyone should read before anything wish it had been out in Jan. 2011 when i rooted my phone would have saved me a lot of trouble just with the one boot loop I got stuck in thanks Lesileann for all your hard work

And to those who bricked, I know it sucks being ridiculed over something and having to pay out for another phone but that does make a good phone for developers to work on for a fix and you probably wont be doing any diving into anything face first again (well lets hope not for some there is just no hope its a human thing) but as for us aliens out there we got here by trial and error

Last edited:

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Before
screenshot-1332941518463.png

After
screenshot-1332948018861.png

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Hey Everyone, I have CWM-Based Recovery v4.0.1.5

Can I flash with this? Or should I flash to something different?

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

In Michigan and I see no improvement whatsoever. However I believe they are doing tower repair in my area. Least I hope so.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am changing my mond on this update... I just flashed the bumblebee rom, where there's six bars instead of four, and I definitely have more bars than I used to have... seems like this actually mighta helped

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Before

[/URL]

After

[/URL]

While results like this is appreciated, I do notice the time difference in your two tests is about 2 hrs apart, VM's 3G data network is so flaky that the time of day and location can make a huge difference. I would say any test that is 30 minutes apart means it's likely testing network loads during different times rather than old radio vs new radio on the same phone.

Also signal bars vary and what signals they mean across phones, ROMs, and even themes sometimes. It's more accurate to use Settings - About phone - Status - Signal in dBm

mzxeternal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I just gave it to go, with bobzhome... i'm bricked. Damnit! Stuck on LG, can't get into recovery. Original Optimus V.

Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze