[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just gave it to go, with bobzhome... i'm bricked. Damnit! Stuck on LG, can't get into recovery. Original Optimus V.

Rest in peace.

More info please. There have been phones revived after flashing with the touch recovery. And people have flashed it with Bobzhome recovery successfully So your not out of luck yet. But we need to know exactly what happened and What have you already tried? Can you get into recovery? How far does it boot to? Tried adb? Emergency mode?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to say that this has definitely doubled my speed, it's just the only demonstrable evidence of any impact at all. Seeing as I'm on WiFi more than 90% of the time, I doubt I'll ever see any difference in the real world.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

mzxeternal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

More info please. There have been phones revived after flashing with the touch recovery. And people have flashed it with Bobzhome recovery successfully So your not out of luck yet. But we need to know exactly what happened and What have you already tried? Can you get into recovery? How far does it boot to? Tried adb? Emergency mode?

I can't get into recovery or emergency mode. I flashed the update using bobzhome, and now i'm stuck on the original LG logo. I was previously running Harmonia 2. Same brick type as if I had flashed with a touch recovery, but it was bobzhome, I confirmed it before the flash.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I tried pulling the battery, I even left it out overnight on the off chance. Nothing, just stuck on LG, can't boot into anything else. I was using the same version of Bobzhome recommended for Harmonia 2.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm betting you had a bad download.
Regardless, it stinks. Hopefully we can get you back up and going soon.

Reactions: mzxeternal

mzxeternal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm betting you had a bad download.
Regardless, it stinks. Hopefully we can get you back up and going soon.

Yeah, i'm pretty much resigned to purchasing a new handset tomorrow night when I get paid. No phone until then, other than Google Voice at home.

Hit me off guard, I never had a problem with anything before and I made sure to do everything right. Sometimes, stuff happens.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I patched my phone and noticed no increase or decrease in speed or service area.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i'm pretty much resigned to purchasing a new handset tomorrow night when I get paid. No phone until then, other than Google Voice at home.

Hit me off guard, I never had a problem with anything before and I made sure to do everything right. Sometimes, stuff happens.

Just to clarify how did you try to go into emergency mode?

mzxeternal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Just to clarify how did you try to go into emergency mode?

Vol down, Return & Power while plugged into USB. Phone doesn't even go into offline charging anymore, stays on LG logo the moment you plug in the USB.

Timand1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

I haven't seen any problems with xionia so im going to try
hopefully i dont brick

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Check out the threads on restoring data after bricking. You'll need to read several threads linked to from those threads, and learn to use QPST. You have to flash the Optimus S ZV9 firmware, then install the update, then follow the steps jcase worked out for rooting. It's a long and involved process, but at this point, you have nothing to loose.

Cincy Dad

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

At first I didn't see any difference until I compared to my wife's phone. We both have the CM7.2 rom, both old phones, mine had the radio update. Driving around running errands, I noticed that I usually had one more bar than her, many times had 2 additional bars. At no point did she ever have a better signal than mine. I also noticed her 3G dropping off and on in lower signal areas where mine would always stay connected.

Reactions: Whyzor

Timand1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Calls sound clear and my signal seems the same. haven't seen another ov to compair side by side with yet

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

At first I didn't see any difference until I compared to my wife's phone. We both have the CM7.2 rom, both old phones, mine had the radio update. Driving around running errands, I noticed that I usually had one more bar than her, many times had 2 additional bars. At no point did she ever have a better signal than mine. I also noticed her 3G dropping off and on in lower signal areas where mine would always stay connected.

Thanks, these side-by-side comparisons are useful. I hope they didn't just update so it displays more bars for the same dBm signal values.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, these side-by-side comparisons are useful. I hope they didn't just update so it displays more bars for the same dBm signal values.

They could have, but too many people are getting reception where they didn't before and calls are definitely clearer.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I maintain 2 OV's, an old Novatech, and a new Hitachi model. Both are running Bobzhome IHO w/ ClockworkMOD ROM Manager Recovery but I keep Xionia Recovery in a zip file in both phones. (just on case).
I know both phones are different and I wonder if this update will work for both. I haven't installed it yet cause the new Hitachi phone is used for business. if I brick it I'm dead meat!!! (Virgin Mobile for business! someone needs a boss with a better budget!). Any thoughts on the different firmware issue here?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I maintain 2 OV's, an old Novatech, and a new Hitachi model. Both are running Bobzhome IHO w/ ClockworkMOD ROM Manager Recovery but I keep Xionia Recovery in a zip file in both phones. (just on case).
I know both phones are different and I wonder if this update will work for both. I haven't installed it yet cause the new Hitachi phone is used for business. if I brick it I'm dead meat!!! (Virgin Mobile for business! someone needs a boss with a better budget!). Any thoughts on the different firmware issue here?

I use my phone for business, I could afford more but why, when their plan works well for me.

If I had to pay for an employees phone, they too would probably be on Virgin, it's hard to beat the price. Matter of fact, when I had my brother working for me, he too used Virgin.

At any rate..
Verify the MD5, and be 100% sure you are using Bobzhome, and you should be just fine flashing these. If it borks your work phone, tell the boss it just stopped. LOL So far I have only heard of one problem with the recommended recoveries, and chances are that it was a fluke or something else was involved.

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Have we figured out if there is any correlation in 2.2.1 V's getting better signal and 2.2.2 V's noticing minimal difference before and after the update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol