[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, there has only been the one phone donated by Dave, and it already has the radio flashed to it, so it can't be used for this, We need one that doesn't have the radio flashed yet.

I think I could use an updated phone for this. I just want to run strace on the update binary.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
One was sent but misaddressed. It is presumably going to make it here in the next week. The other is from an admitted procrastinator. No idea if or when it will be shipped.

Ok, I see. At least it sounds like one is on its way. I hope so.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, there has only been the one phone donated by Dave, and it already has the radio flashed to it, so it can't be used for this, We need one that doesn't have the radio flashed yet.

I remember two different members who indicated they would donate. Probably one of them is the one that's on its way to tdm.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

I think I could use an updated phone for this. I just want to run strace on the update binary.
I haven't flashed the radio on my personal OV yet, just on the donor phone and on my sister-in-laws. I can run the tests you need on my personal OV.

I emailed you about this, just posting here so everyone knows we are on it. ;)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

OK, it's official: After updating my phone with the VMU update.zip (twice) and getting the ZV9 baseband, I now have stability problems and occasional reboots. Once after cycling airplane mode, twice after sending SMS -- both tasks involve the radio. No OC.

Previously my phone has been a rock of stability on mrg666's excellent MiRaGe ROM; something has definitely changed.

I committed the cardinal sin of updating my PRL from stock shortly after the update, so I don't know for sure which change is causing this. Only ever mess with one thing at a time, guys! I doubt that a PRL change can cause reboots, but of course QPST could have screwed up other things.

I have yet to try a complete re-install. I was hoping to avoid that, but that's probably next.

Could those of you who've seen similar problems after the radio update (standalone or full update) let me know if you are on stock PRL? That would help me isolate. Thanks a lot!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I've seen some freezing issues out of my phone since update. This usually only occurs when I'm using data. Was thinking it was a bad backup I restored after doing the update and rooting. Been meaning to wipe and start over to see if it fixes it.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i would say my data speed has increased by atleast double what it was. the bars haven't but i dont think personally my bars indicator is always accurate.. here's my speed test result. ran it a couple times to get an overall result.View attachment 23296

gunson

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

OK, it's official: After updating my phone with the VMU update.zip (twice) and getting the ZV9 baseband, I now have stability problems and occasional reboots. Once after cycling airplane mode, twice after sending SMS -- both tasks involve the radio. No OC.

Previously my phone has been a rock of stability on mrg666's excellent MiRaGe ROM; something has definitely changed.

I committed the cardinal sin of updating my PRL from stock shortly after the update, so I don't know for sure which change is causing this. Only ever mess with one thing at a time, guys! I doubt that a PRL change can cause reboots, but of course QPST could have screwed up other things.

I have yet to try a complete re-install. I was hoping to avoid that, but that's probably next.

Could those of you who've seen similar problems after the radio update (standalone or full update) let me know if you are on stock PRL? That would help me isolate. Thanks a lot!

Im using prl 60685. had some reboots yesterday havent had any today yet. I did a full update.

Reactions: Dannemand

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Are all the problems from people with 2.2.2 phones? I've experienced one Tapatalk fc but that's it and I can't be certain it had anything to do with the zv9 radio

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

can't be for sure if it took. rom wont display the update. i indtalled zip in iho recovery,did reboot. im still here and working ok lol. so atleast i can report my phone didn't explode lol

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

yes radio only. now i just used install zip instead of apply update on iho recovery..
make a difference? not sure if i actually applied it right

payterx

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

I tried with ClockworkMod Recovery, because it wasn't listed as not working.

Now my phone will only boot into the recovery menu and nothing else.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Wow, all these posts from various "attempters" is very certainly confusing! As an update to a previous post I made, I have yet to even flash this on my shall we say other OV. But if and when I do ,it would be using CWM Recovery (vm670nh)
1 question I do have though is the different options in that menu...
would you actually update from sd or install from sd as far as the zip is concerned ??
granted,yes,nothing wiped
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.