[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

Oh, and if anyone wants to play with vendor sources, I have a repo at github.com/tdm/codeaurora_kernel_msm. The original Sprint GB sources are on the vendor-ls670-gingerbread branch. and the thunderc-gingerbread branch is intended to be the working GB branch. Configs are present for VM670 and LS670.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

well here is the fix by thekraven for gingerkernel on IHO. the cam was white screened before the ICS changes and this fixed it. just do a backup and flash in recovery.

EDIT: It fixes the Cam.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm and Dannemand

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

What does this fix?
It fixes a problem with camera when using GingerKernel on IHO.

If you follow the link I posted in the IHO thread, it takes you to tdm's post with the kernel and patch instructions. If you haven't followed this thread in a while, probably a good idea to read from that post and forward. It's been mostly about the reboot issues caused by ZV9.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
For thr issues with the screen not waking up, waking it by holding down the power button seems to work very time, just wait for the power menu to appear and hit the back button to dismiss it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

well here is the fix by thekraven for gingerkernel on IHO. the cam was white screened before the ICS changes and this fixed it. just do a backup and flash in recovery.

Yeah, that is a set of libs (particularly gralloc) that presumably work with the new kernel stuff. I don't know off the top of my head whether the kernel stuff in question is from Sprint or was added by Drew for ICS compatibility. If the changes are from Sprint, updating the kernel would mean also updating these libs. If the changes were added by Drew, then that would not be necessary.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that is a set of libs (particularly gralloc) that presumably work with the new kernel stuff. I don't know off the top of my head whether the kernel stuff in question is from Sprint or was added by Drew for ICS compatibility. If the changes are from Sprint, updating the kernel would mean also updating these libs. If the changes were added by Drew, then that would not be necessary.

here is where I found out about it. looks like this was before he started iscream kernel.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

samlin168us

May 2, 2011
Visit site
just wonder howcome still shows vm670zv4 under baseband version after flash. i think it should shows vm670zv9.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

just wonder howcome still shows vm670zv4 under baseband version after flash. i think it should shows vm670zv9.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If you flashed the update-only zip in the first post, it doesn't work. You need to do the full update.zip from Virgin Mobile's website, once in your custom recovery and once in stock recovery that is flashed during the first update.

I wouldn't recommend it at this moment though until the IHO ROMs work with it again. Lots of very smart people are working on it though, so it shouldn't be too much longer I'd imagine. Also, if your reception and data speeds are acceptable at the moment, there's no need to rush.

Reactions: samlin168us

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying out XioniaRedux kernel in regards to the reboot issues. It's an Optimus S kernel but it boots and runs smooth on the V. Need to swap the keys.

*Edit*

No reboots as of 4/21/2012 12:19PM CST

Last edited:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Thank you Wraith!

I only now got to install this, but it does indeed fix the camera issue on GingerKernel. The only issue I have left is the screen wake-up. As cole posted earlier, you can hold down power which will eventually open the power menu -- but sometimes it blanks the screen again when you release the power button. It is admittedly a annoying, but far better than the radio issues and reboots.

Thanks again all who've been helping with this radio mess. I hope it will lead to a proper ZV9 compatible kernel when we get the ZV9 kernel source from LG -- whether in the form of an updated Froyo kernel or a tweaked GB kernel.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying out XioniaRedux kernel in regards to the reboot issues. It's an Optimus S kernel but it boots and runs smooth on the V. Need to swap the keys.

*Edit*

No reboots as of 4/21/2012 12:19PM CST

Experienced a single reboot due to SMS after 24 hours.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The update.zip? It might. I think you'd be the first to try. I see no reason why not but for purely safety's sake I'd say use cwm or xionia.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Certainly the radio-only update (the one on the OP) does NOT work with green recovery. Jerry clearly states that it doesn't work with radio images. Just want to make sure you don't try that!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Certainly the radio-only update (the one on the OP) does NOT work with green recovery. Jerry clearly states that it doesn't work with radio images. Just want to make sure you don't try that!

Most evidence points to the update only zip not working at all because our custom recoveries don't contain the code to update the radios / have it disabled.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Most evidence points to the update only zip not working at all because our custom recoveries don't contain the code to update the radios / have it disabled.

Agreed. But it still has the effect of bricking phones when flashed with the wrong recovery. I didn't want him to read the OP and make that mistake by flashing it with green recovery.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Posted this in another thread.

I eluded to the Optimus S problems when they got a radio update. But it wasnt every phone that was affected. Just like the screen maybe there is some various parts like radios and such that are slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995