[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Source code!!!!!

322cee1b-6527-b1d0.jpg

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

Sooooooo awesome! Tomorrow is going to be a busy day... :D

tomorrow? i'm starting right now!

edit: made a diff, it applied almost completely clean to my kernel. only things that didnt are ami304.c and .h

edit 2: compiling! thanks to leslieanne's build server, it should be done soon :D

edit 3: uploading...

edit 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?n1c1q159pr5nck1

edit 5: ami304.c and .h didnt apply because of a commit with the message "Update to Sprint's/Zefie's AMI304 driver." which.. already patched them

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

downloaded and flashed on a fresh install of backside. now for the waiting game :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

edit: made a diff, it applied almost completely clean to my kernel. only things that didnt are ami304.c and .h

edit 2: compiling! thanks to leslieanne's build server, it should be done soon :D

edit 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?n1c1q159pr5nck1

edit 5: ami304.c and .h didnt apply because of a commit with the message "Update to Sprint's/Zefie's AMI304 driver." which.. already patched them

So, wait, you're saying nothing has changed?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Black Butte Porter. :)

Dechutes makes some great beers. If your ever back in the tri cities you have to let me buy you a beer at ice harbor brewery best beer ever. OK sorry to get off topic... so umm... how about that radio update!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

edit 4: tvall_kernel_v0.3.1.zip

You gotta be careful with the AMI304 driver. They changed the ioctl api in a driver update, so the kernel driver and userspace need to match. I think that update was done with the Sprint GB release (but I'm not 100% sure).

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Dechutes makes some great beers. If your ever back in the tri cities you have to let me buy you a beer at ice harbor brewery best beer ever. OK sorry to get off topic... so umm... how about that radio update!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I think I'll be down there week after next, actually. :) I'll PM you when I find out for sure.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

If there isn't any difference in the code, what kind of an improvement we are expecting from this kernel source? :confused:

Edit for clarification for the others reading the thread: There is a difference, apparently, as TDM's diff shows later in the thread.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

If there isn't any difference in the code, what kind of an improvement we are expecting from this kernel source? :confused:

...and why is it breaking IHO for some of us, and the only fix being a different kernel?

Come to think of it, I'm moreso just asking for curiosity's sake now...I think I'll be sticking with ICS. :p

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

...and why is it breaking IHO for some of us, and the only fix being a different kernel?
I was referring to the recent ZV9 kernel source from LG. The different kernels that you have seen improvement with are 2.6.35 Gingerbread kernel. This LG source is still the same 2.6.32.9 Froyo source we have been using with IHO.

In case there is a problem with the v3.7 kernel binary, I am testing the kernel binary which is built on my machine using the source from Bob's repo. I would appreciate if anybody can test and give feedback. I think I will use these binaries in the next MiRaGe build.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ogmh5j5hqswxa6
MD5sum: E69FAF8FA222D06ACB4116C64DDCB893

PS: kernel binary updated with v3.7 source to be consistent and used gcc 4.7 instead of gcc 4.5

Edit: TDM's diff was done properly after tvall's diff and the differences are shown below.

Last edited:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@mrg: thanks a lot. I'll test this later today. Do you have an MD5 for it? Small risk, I know. Just don't want to think I'm testing a new kernel when I'm actually testing a bad download ;)

Question: did you build it for a specific MiRaGe version?

Reactions: brotherswing

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a flashable zip to me. Should work on any IHO build...
Correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol