[Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's still a little early to tell but so far yes as well as bobz kernel and mirage kernel

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch] Virgin Mobile VM9 Radio Update - Restored!

I've been running the 5/4 build of mirage with the updated kernel all day, no reboots yet. No other problems either. Phone is very responsive, better than its ever been. :D

Reactions: mrg666

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
One more question, does the CWM non touch screen one with the orange and the CWM logo in the background, does that work flashing this? Please tell me as quick as possible :) I wanna flash this.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
One more question, does the CWM non touch screen one with the orange and the CWM logo in the background, does that work flashing this? Please tell me as quick as possible :) I wanna flash this.

I would advise playing it safe and going back to stock first. It is well worth an extra ten minutes up front to minimize risk of bricking your phone.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Big Fat Qestion guys?... my husband & I were running the boss's limo last Sat. night driving his nephew & friends to their prom. (don't laugh, you make GREAT TIPS!) and we were using Google maps to navigate. his Garmin is 2 years old & JUNK! He runs Backside IHO (kept up to date) with the latest GAPPS file possible for 2.3.7 Google Maps kept force closing & rebooting the phone in the middle of the Baltimore, MD
Inner Harbor while he's driving a 33 ft stretch Ford Excursion Limo w/ 18 minors & a panicked wife aboard. (the Inner Harbor streets are VERY NARROW & most are one way!) He is running ZV5 radio, and the Bobzhome recovery. His phone is also used for business so I can't risk bricking it. Can I use that ZV9 update to help that Google Maps problem. (and it's just any app that has to keep the GPS connection open. Beat the Traffic app does the same thing). It's like the GPS struggles to get a target, locks on, then locks up the whole phone, force closes & auto reboots. HELP!! Any advice here?

ps> he also runs Time Sheet app to record his time as he gets paid by the hour so it's
running at the same time. Never any problems out of that app so far, but he can't
afford to lose ANY data from this phone. We back it up weekly as a result.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

This update is the last thing you want to do. I would make a new thread or post in the IHO thread with your issue.

Reactions: crickie

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

The 3.7 kernel with only rtc and diagnostic changes from ZV9 source added is below.
Mirage_BobZ37_kernel_rtc_diag.zip
MD5sum: 2063A60A037D850D04416BF655B60DD3
It would be great if you can test and post your feedback. I have flashed to my phone and it still seems to be working. I can't make it reboot yet.

Just another quick update on your new kernel. I flashed this one right after you uploaded and things are still running smooth. There is one other benefit I've noticed. It seems the screen rotation lag is either minimized or eliminated. I had been rebooting on a daily basis to keep the rotation quick and smooth, I'm now at over 48 hours since a reboot and the rotation still seems snappy, I don't notice any slow downs yet.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Just another quick update on your new kernel. I flashed this one right after you uploaded and things are still running smooth. There is one other benefit I've noticed. It seems the screen rotation lag is either minimized or eliminated. I had been rebooting on a daily basis to keep the rotation quick and smooth, I'm now at over 48 hours since a reboot and the rotation still seems snappy, I don't notice any slow downs yet.

Thanks! I think we can consider that pesky reboot problem nailed. I have also noticed a smoother gui experience. That comes from gcc-4.7, I assume. Thanks to everyone (cole2kb, tdm, tvall, ....) who contacted LG to get the source code.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree. My phone is running better than it ever has. Not a single reboot since the new kernel. Great job everyone!

Sent from my Optimus V running BACKside using Tapatalk2

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Have to agree. My phone is running better than it ever has. Not a single reboot since the new kernel. Great job everyone!

+1

No problems since the new kernel came out. I updated to MiRaGe 05/04 yesterday. It is GREAT to be home again!

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes. I'm running mirage 5-4 with zv9, no reboots or lags. However, every time I open google maps my phone reboots when I try to zoom in on my location. But like I said sms and calls are great. Is there a fix or known issue that I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Question - I just tried to flash the the update file in the first post (I had to rename it to "update.zip" so the stock recovery could see it) and I'm getting an aborted install due to a signature verification failure. I re-downloaded it and for the same error.

Any idea what stupid mistake I might be making?

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21