[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Something I just realized. I forgot to put bobzhome's kernel in the pure build. It won't work on new screen phones as is. I made a new build but I'm not at home and won't be till Sunday night, so wait till then for me to upload

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Something I just realized. I forgot to put bobzhome's kernel in the pure build. It won't work on new screen phones as is. I made a new build but I'm not at home and won't be till Sunday night, so wait till then for me to upload

It should work for new screens its blarfs kernel. I think they started making their own kernels after the new screen

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] tvall's iho roms "thread hijacked"

The Zim@Foodcourtia Kernel works on new screens(For me) with no problem. The older kernel actually works better for me.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It should work for new screens its blarfs kernel. I think they started making their own kernels after the new screen

The stock iho kernel never worked for me. Which is why I used bobzhome's.
I'm wanting to build my own kernel, but I'm not a kernel dev, so the results will probably just a tweaked bobzhome's kernel.

Btw, can anyone point me to the sources for his kernel? I think its at githib.com/bobzhome/android_kernel_thunderc but I can't get it to compile

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The stock iho kernel never worked for me. Which is why I used bobzhome's.
I'm wanting to build my own kernel, but I'm not a kernel dev, so the results will probably just a tweaked bobzhome's kernel.

Btw, can anyone point me to the sources for his kernel? I think its at githib.com/bobzhome/android_kernel_thunderc but I can't get it to compile

I believe that compiling kernels is much different than roms and I have no idea on how to do it :p

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
well. news. i got bobzhomes kernel to comple, and i have gotten the -ck2 patchset in and it appears working (more testing after another compile wit the right screen drivers)

funny story time! while it was compiling yesterday i went outside to help my girlfriend paint. i sat on the bench where she sat the paint can. it spilt all over the floor... and the cat... and me. then right after we started cleaning, the google maps street view car drove by.

Now that's just weird. A coworker of mine saw the Google street view car on his lunch break yesterday too. I wonder how many of them there are

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

well. news. i got bobzhomes kernel to comple, and i have gotten the -ck2 patchset in and it appears working (more testing after another compile wit the right screen drivers)

funny story time! while it was compiling yesterday i went outside to help my girlfriend paint. i sat on the bench where she sat the paint can. it spilt all over the floor... and the cat... and me. then right after we started cleaning, the google maps street view car drove by.

Last edited:
Reactions: glarepate

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

hahaha maybe they got a nice pic to remember this moment! :) lol!

does anyone have any screenshots of either of tvall's ROMs? I'm considering it... lol

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
hahaha maybe they got a nice pic to remember this moment! :) lol!

does anyone have any screenshots of either of tvall's ROMs? I'm considering it... lol

Ill get you some from magpie as soon as I get back on the computer

edit: got 2 saved. the rom looks like most (unthemed) iho roms

adda59de-dbc4-5c07.jpg

adda59de-dbe5-94e8.jpg

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

new magpie build posted. changes: fresh sync (im too lazy to see what changes) and a different kernel with a few patches i like (see this post for more info).

check the iho wiki for the download

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousNoob

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I have been running it for a day or so. I stripped alot of stuff out (apk's, sound, languages, etc..), as I usually do. Added your 1.1 test kernel (which seems fine so far). Only thing I had to do was install a app (freespace) to keep tabs on my extension partition. Seen no way to do it within the menu's, as the case is with built in storage or SD card space.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I ran benchmark test and my overall score went from 900 to 1100 after flashing ur kernel. I had my max cpu set at 844

Tappatalkin' through my Optimirage V