[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

tvall_kernel_v0.3.0.zip
this is a test, and only a test
might help on zv9 radio, might not. please give feeback

I couldn't overclock my phone past 600Mhz before flashing this.

I flashed this kernel, and set my clock speed to both highest and lowest on 806Mhz with the performance governor and my phone doesn't freeze or reboot.... I don't want to get too excited but i ran all my games and camera, recorded video, and the phone is still not rebooting or freezing.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't overclock my phone past 600Mhz before flashing this.

I flashed this kernel, and set my clock speed to both highest and lowest on 806Mhz with the performance governor and my phone doesn't freeze or reboot.... I don't want to get too excited but i ran all my games and camera, recorded video, and the phone is still not rebooting or freezing.

well that is not expected...

the only thing i want to know is if it fixes the issues with zv9 (like reboots while sending sms)

i have no idea why this would do anything with overclocking.. what kernel were you using before? can you get similar results on my 0.2.1 kernel?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

What is causing the Random Reboots during SMS? It happens to me in stock too......

we are assuming its the kernel. it doesnt seem to happen on gingerkernel (based on much newer sprint sources) but it happens on the iho kernels (based on released vm670 source, not yet updated to vz9) so i patched my kernel up to zvd hoping it would fix it

but no one has told me if it did anything yet....

Reactions: CuriousNoob

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed it on backside to try but I didn't really have a lot of reboots with bobz kernel on zv9

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Flashed the 0.3 kernel and experienced one reboot. I'll check back if it happens again.

*Edit*

Still occurring.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Tvall. Did you do something, to 'something'?

I went into the market and noticed Movies was there. That wasn't on any other rom I've been on. :0

4c62d649-edc6-c29b.jpg

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey Tvall. Did you do something, to 'something'?

I went into the market and noticed Movies was there. That wasn't on any other rom I've been on. :0

Click to view quoted image

I noticed it showed up on my cm9 build too. I'm assuming its something Google
did because I don't think I changed anything that would affect that.

Flashed the 0.3 kernel and experienced one reboot. I'll check back if it happens again.

*Edit*

Still occurring.

so.. I didn't do it right. Multiple confirmations that it didn't help. Ill wait till LG releases the source for vm670zv9 instead of trying to use sprint source.

Tvall, can you update your link for ur kernel on the front page? Thanks :D!

The link there is the most recent one I support. V0.3.x will be the numbering for when I patch it up for zv9. Unless I switch to gingerkernel or something...

Reactions: glarepate

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm currently using an Optimus S kernel on my V, XioniaRedux. Not has responsive as the IHO or your kernel tvall, but I have not yet experienced a reboot due to texting and/or calling. It runs pretty well. I did lose root for a moment (I think maybe when I remapped the buttons) but Super One Click for the win, and it was rooted again.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

so.. I didn't do it right. Multiple confirmations that it didn't help. Ill wait till LG releases the source for vm670zv9 instead of trying to use sprint source.

in a previous post you said you used ls670zvd to compare. have you looked at ls670zv9? just saying zv9=zv9 maybe?