[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Well... the only kernel I did anything for zv9 for was marked as v0.3.0 and posted somewhere on this thread. The other versions should behave with zv9 the same as BobZhome's

I hear what you're saying, but Bob's kernel causes reboots along with every other "fix" .I've tried the mirage with Gingerkernal,I've tried cm9 thekeaven, all the harmonias, all caused reboot. Tvall kernel on backside doesn't. Sidenote- his kernel also worked with the stock rom also. Don't ask me why it worked on my phone,I'm just thankful that it does.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I hear what you're saying, but Bob's kernel causes reboots along with every other "fix" .I've tried the mirage with Gingerkernal,I've tried cm9 thekeaven, all the harmonias, all caused reboot. Tvall kernel on backside doesn't. Sidenote- his kernel also worked with the stock rom also. Don't ask me why it worked on my phone,I'm just thankful that it does.

Then I'm thinking your issue is something different. Gingerkernel and cm9 do not have any issue with zv9

Reactions: glarepate

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Then I'm thinking your issue is something different. Gingerkernel and cm9 do not have any issue with zv9

I have no idea. This phone is one month old. It came from best buy with 2.2.2 (zv5) . I rooted and ran all the custom roms with no problems. Then I was an idiot and jumped on the update when my phone was fine before. Maybe I need flashers anonymous lol. Anyway after update nothing but reboots. Tried mirage,gingerkernel fix, my phone acted crazy on that ,it would start vibrating non-stop. The only fix for my phone so far is your kernel. At least I hope it's fixed. Now I'm not so sure ,with what all you all are saying. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea. This phone is one month old. It came from best buy with 2.2.2 (zv5) . I rooted and ran all the custom roms with no problems. Then I was an idiot and jumped on the update when my phone was fine before. Maybe I need flashers anonymous lol. Anyway after update nothing but reboots. Tried mirage,gingerkernel fix, my phone acted crazy on that ,it would start vibrating non-stop. The only fix for my phone so far is your kernel. At least I hope it's fixed. Now I'm not so sure ,with what all you all are saying. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well.. if you run into reboots or other issues you could try my test kernel for zv9 (v0.3.0 posted somewhere here)

Reactions: dobbs69

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Well.. if you run into reboots or other issues you could try my test kernel for zv9 (v0.3.0 posted somewhere here)

Thanks, I'll try that if I have anymore reboots. Also I want to thank you for all your work to keep these V's worth having. After two weeks of running stock has made me appreciate all the dev's here.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

Uff, stock is just bad after being used to IHO. Not to imply any noob-ness on you or anything, but just for kicks, can you tell us the exact steps you take when flashing a ROM? Could be as simple as something there.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

How high was your overclock

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Uff, stock is just bad after being used to IHO. Not to imply any noob-ness on you or anything, but just for kicks, can you tell us the exact steps you take when flashing a ROM? Could be as simple as something there.

No problem, I always do a clean flash. Wipe data/factory reset,wipe both caches,format boot,cache, system, data,flash lesann's "prep for new rom zip, which I used to use thekraven's debug zip with my optimus s that I had for a year prior to the "v" . The only thing I've had a problem with lately is I could not get my adb push to work correctly for the mirage/gingerkernel fix. I used es file explorer to move the *.ko files to system/lib/modules and the boot img to data/local. My adb shell works fine. I'm not sure why I couldn't adb push successfully.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm only posting this because tvall said the 0.2 kernel shouldn't be helping anything. It's such an intermittent problem, you could have two days of nothing and the third day could be nothing but lag or reboots.

There is a Mirage 4/03 build here (VM670-CM7.2-RC1-IHO-04032012_MiRaGe.zip) and a kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...vm9-radio-update-restored-29.html#post1712739) you can apply to that, worked great for me.

Is there a way to create the ROM with these modifications so we can just flash it instead of using adb?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw that this "does not play well with Link2SD". What does this mean?

One tester had several freezes and lag when using that app with my kernel. Could be his setup, could be the app having issues, could be a change I made causing issues. I don't use that app (my rom has app moving built-in)