[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

kernel feedback---> been running your 3.1 since you posted it and i have to say, nice work man... scrollling and responsiveness seem fluid again... 0.2.1 was a tad slow and a bit choppy, 3.0 seemed to still have random fits of the above... and 3.1 is running like a champ so far... figured youd want the added info... keep up the great work!... :)

Last edited:

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

well i completely failed with the may 4th release. magpie is completely missing. todays build has it fixed. go grab that.

also finally decided to push my changes to github (to make sure this doesn't happen again). if you want a detailed description of what went wrong, see below. if you dont care, stop reading.

well.. when i added magpie, i used a script to rebase after each sync instead of pushing everything to github like i should. this worked well for the entire time i worked on this rom (except when i moved to the build server. had a few issues there). what broke may 4th build was simple. i added an easter egg, the script didnt like it. the script didnt obviously point out that it failed, and i built without the framework changes.

Thanks for the info.
What I did yesterday was flash your kernel v 0.3.1 with my currently installed rom, Harmonia 2.06
Is this your latest kernel or is there an updated kernel bundled in your latest magpie rom release?

Thanks again, so far no reboots after sending tons of text messages last night :)

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info.
What I did yesterday was flash your kernel v 0.3.1 with my currently installed rom, Harmonia 2.06
Is this your latest kernel or is there an updated kernel bundled in your latest magpie rom release?

Thanks again, so far no reboots after sending tons of text messages last night :)

V0.3.1 is the latest (expect 0.3.2 later this week once I take the time to get gcc 4.7 set up)

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

tvall, I just completed a repeat of my earlier tests, this time with your 3.1 kernel. Very much an improvement over 3.0 and bobz 3.7. Less laggy, very smooth. Although, I feel compelled to also say, I had just finished testing mrg666's new kernel and it does outperform yours. In terms of lag and responsiveness, his new kernel is simply the best non ICS kernel I've yet tested on my phone. I don't know if the two of you ever compare notes or anything, but from what I've seen, he's on to something. All of my tests are run with the same setup I described earlier.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
tvall, I just completed a repeat of my earlier tests, this time with your 3.1 kernel. Very much an improvement over 3.0 and bobz 3.7. Less laggy, very smooth. Although, I feel compelled to also say, I had just finished testing mrg666's new kernel and it does outperform yours. In terms of lag and responsiveness, his new kernel is simply the best non ICS kernel I've yet tested on my phone. I don't know if the two of you ever compare notes or anything, but from what I've seen, he's on to something. All of my tests are run with the same setup I described earlier.

Where can i find mrg kernel?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Mrg's is compiled with gcc 4.7, mine is still with 4.4.3. Today or tomorrow I'm changing that. I'm currently at the mall with my girlfriend :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz