06-28-2012 09:16 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey guys I made this video on how to erase your lg optimus meid in case it gets messed up somehow.

You may need LGNPST get it here

Download lg optimus v usb drivers from here

If I gotta add more details I will but just watch the video
    03-20-2012 08:38 PM
    I'm sorry... What's a MEID?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-20-2012 09:00 PM
    This should help you
    03-20-2012 09:17 PM
    This should help you
    I love doing that!

It's the number that VM wants when they ask you for your phone's serial number. That pisses me off every time. They ask for the serial number, I give it to them, they say it's the wrong number. I say, you mean the MEID? They say yes. It's really irritating that they can't get it right.

curtis1973 likes this.
    03-20-2012 09:59 PM
    This should help you
    I'm mad you just did that, but I lol'd.

xD!

03-20-2012 10:22 PM

You are ONE CuriousNoob.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
    03-20-2012 10:42 PM
    You are ONE CuriousNoob.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
    Not curious enough
    03-21-2012 02:20 PM
    This should help you
    Too funny
    03-21-2012 02:25 PM
    Originally Posted by anthonycr
    This should help you

that's cool!! Lol
    03-22-2012 12:24 AM
    Great post and video. Is the procedure same for Optimus S, when talking about memory locations for multiple ESNs?
    06-15-2012 11:05 AM
    Great post and video. Is the procedure same for Optimus S, when talking about memory locations for multiple ESNs?
    Not 100% sure but I know the method works on several lg phones including the lg marquee from sprint.
    06-15-2012 02:18 PM
    I love doing that!

It's the number that VM wants when they ask you for your phone's serial number. That pisses me off every time. They ask for the serial number, I give it to them, they say it's the wrong number. I say, you mean the MEID? They say yes. It's really irritating that they can't get it right.

it could be because most of those support clowns are dumb *** son of a b...but i digress.. :banghead:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-15-2012 02:34 PM
    The procedure is the same, however...

Not only is every phone different, but every firmware revision can have different locations for it.

Plus, some phones, like the Evo 4g has "floaters". While about a dozen stay in the same place, on every boot, a handful move in the memory. So while it's at location A and B this time, next time it cold be at X and Z, the next time it could be at G and L. Yeah, those are fun, because if you miss one and restart to lock in changes, you get to to start all over again.
    06-15-2012 05:50 PM
    Hey guys I made this video on how to erase your lg optimus meid in case it gets messed up somehow.

Ha I just bought an Optimus V from eBay with a bad ESN for $25, this is great
    06-15-2012 08:18 PM
    sammyz12 - Were you able to fix the bad ESN of the phone you purchased off of eBay?

Did you confirm that it had a bad ESN before performing the procedure in the posted video?

Ha I just bought an Optimus V from eBay with a bad ESN for $25, this is great
    06-19-2012 01:47 PM
    What exactly does 'zeroing out' an MEID do for you? Is it a way to fix a phone with a bad ESN?

06-19-2012 01:51 PM
    I have two Optimus V's. One of them I repaired and the ESN/MEID was no good. I zeroed out the ESN, and copied over the good ESN/MEID from phone #2. I then went into the programming menu and entered my number and the MDN number. I also flashed over the same PRL (61007). But for whatever reason, even though everything looks ok and the phone's appear identical when you go to About Phone. Phone #1 will not place a call or connect to the 3G. When you try to place a call it tells you error #16, switch 331, and then connects you to (sprint) Customer service.

Edit: Sprint was able to verify my VM account and now phone calls and text are working. 3G and MMS is not.
    06-20-2012 11:10 AM
    I have two Optimus V's. One of them I repaired and the ESN/MEID was no good. I zeroed out the ESN, and copied over the good ESN/MEID from phone #2. I then went into the programming menu and entered my number and the MDN number. I also flashed over the same PRL (61007). But for whatever reason, even though everything looks ok and the phone's appear identical when you go to About Phone. Phone #1 will not place a call or connect to the 3G. When you try to place a call it tells you error #16, switch 331, and then connects you to (sprint) Customer service.

Edit: Sprint was able to verify my VM account and now phone calls and text are working. 3G and MMS is not.
    You have to use QPST and copy everything from phone #2 to phone #1 by:
    (Both phones must be on stock/froyo rom! and only phone#2 connected to PC for now)
    Open QPST
    On the phone, open phone app, dial ##7678#
    Put in the SPC code
    Check the box
    Now on QPST go to the Ports Tab
    If you don't see the phone connected to any ports, press Add New Port...
    Uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC.........."
    Click on the connected port your phone is connected to> press OK
    On the top press "Start Clients">Service Programming
    Your phone should show up on the same port.
    Press OK
    Press Read from phone>enter SPC
    Press save to file and save to where you will remember
    Disconnect phone #2>Connect Phone #1
    Exit and reopen QPST
    On phone #1 dial ##7678#>enter SPC>check the box
    Make sure the phone is read by QPST
    Open service programming again
    Press Ok
    Press read from phone>enter spc
    NOW press load from file
    Select the file you saved
    Press write to phone.
    You're done.
    06-20-2012 12:46 PM
    I tried the above. Did not work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-firmware.html
    How to Get Your Epic 4G to Work on the Virgin Mobile Network

I have been using the above two guides as a reference. I got my AAA/HA passes. But for whatever reason, all the updated info saves in DFS besides the AAA password. It just reverts to the old pass after a reboot. I can't figure out why... I think this is the only thing from getting my data working.
    06-20-2012 04:29 PM
    I have been using the above two guides as a reference. I got my AAA/HA passes. But for whatever reason, all the updated info saves in DFS besides the AAA password. It just reverts to the old pass after a reboot. I can't figure out why... I think this is the only thing from getting my data working.
    Before, remember to unlock with LGNPST Lab. Lab, nothing else. Every time you reboot and want to make changes in DFS or otherwise.

Download the FREE NV reader/writer from here. Connect with your COM port and MSL. Search for NV 39939 and save it. Open it with an editor (+1 for notepad++). The only data there is an 01 at the start. Change it to 00, and write it back over. I was able to do this while the phone was OFF (no, not recovery).

Then, I booted into ROM, used ##PORT# in the dialer, checked the box, LGNPST, DFS, write, reboot again. LGNPST, DFS, read.

Ref: LG Optimus S to Boost Mobile Guide - Page 6
    (took me awhile to figure this out on my optimus S)
    06-23-2012 01:33 PM
    sammyz12 - Were you able to fix the bad ESN of the phone you purchased off of eBay?

Did you confirm that it had a bad ESN before performing the procedure in the posted video?
    Bad ESN means that VM blocked the phone for being able to be used on their network...

Sent from VM670 on MetroPCS
    06-23-2012 05:45 PM
    where do you download QPST from?
    06-25-2012 08:22 PM
    where do you download QPST from?
    google
    06-26-2012 09:14 AM
    google
    That's where I got mine from to
    06-26-2012 03:14 PM
    My roommate recently bought an Optimus V and has always had problems with MMS. We've tried installing non-stock apps (chomp, gosms) and even installing a new rom (harmonia 2.08) but the problem continues. He has spotty ability to send MMS - around 1 out of 7 go through but the other 6 and any received MMS always fail. The message is "download of mms from xxx was unsuccessful".

I'm wondering if resetting the MEID will help his problem. I also have an Optimus V and could copy my info onto his as was described earlier in this thread. I'd appreciate any help or ideas. I have exhausted everything I can think of.
    06-26-2012 05:10 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD