03-30-2012 07:25 AM
91 ... 234
tools
    I followed the instructions above, cleared cache, factory reset, installed the ZV9 update and rooted it, activated the phone (successfully! at 1x, no 3G). My baseband is listed as VM670ZV9_60401001 and my software version is now listed as VM670ZV9 instead of the Sprint version. I installed the radio update again using the IHO recovery. As of now, I still do not have 3G service and looking at the network screen I can see that the connection attempts are still failing with the same error I had before -- "fail because Unknown Data Error." If anything changes I will let you know. So close! Thanks again for everyone's help. Dunno why I could activate the phone but the network will not work after that...
    03-28-2012 01:10 AM
    I followed the instructions above, cleared cache, factory reset, installed the ZV9 update and rooted it, activated the phone (successfully! at 1x, no 3G). My baseband is listed as VM670ZV9_60401001 and my software version is now listed as VM670ZV9 instead of the Sprint version. I installed the radio update again using the IHO recovery. As of now, I still do not have 3G service and looking at the network screen I can see that the connection attempts are still failing with the same error I had before -- "fail because Unknown Data Error." If anything changes I will let you know. So close! Thanks again for everyone's help. Dunno why I could activate the phone but the network will not work after that...
    You may have to call VM and have them reactivate your data connection. It has worked for people in other situations where nothing else would get their data running again.

Tell them you attempted to install the security update, and it did something crazy like the screen flashed static then it rebooted and now you don't have 3g.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    03-28-2012 01:17 AM
    I think I fixed mine... So, Instead of Installing the ZV8, I installed LS670ZV9_20.S9_20.P60671.cab using KDZ. everything else I did as you did. Now I can get the 3G symbol to appear. I can't confirm if 3G works since I didn't pay my bill but it seems like it is working. When I open the browser the two arrows look as if they are transmitting data.

PS. The home and option buttons are switched. I had to use Option+Vol Down+power to get to recovery.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-28-2012 05:25 PM
    ^^
    Good job, congrats. I'll be curious to hear if indeed it's working when you have your account back up.
    03-28-2012 07:39 PM
    SUCCESS! I have stumbled upon the solution! My mega-bricked phone is back from the dead with data service. I found an old .qcn file that I had saved in QPST several months back. When I read the values from my phone with no data service they were very different than the ones saved in the .qcn file. In my non-working phone there were only two profiles defined under the M.IP tab in QPST. In the working configuration there are three profiles and many of the other settings are very different. I can post whatever will be helpful to you guys. . How can I help?
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-28-2012 07:57 PM
    I also was able to get the latest VM update installed, although no matter how much I try, I can't change the SW version from the sprint to vm. Flashing the latest radio update doesn't help either. The activation app tries to run, but just flashes a quick white screen and nothing. I'm guessing it's because it detects its not the correct SW version.
    03-29-2012 03:49 PM
    I also was able to get the latest VM update installed, although no matter how much I try, I can't change the SW version from the sprint to vm. Flashing the latest radio update doesn't help either. The activation app tries to run, but just flashes a quick white screen and nothing. I'm guessing it's because it detects its not the correct SW version.
    Almost everything you see in the about window is put there by the build.prop.
    Sounds like your rom is a mix or both OV and OS.

Use the flasher zip I posted for updating your rom, and then reflash the rom you want. That should fix it.
    03-29-2012 04:29 PM
    Almost everything you see in the about window is put there by the build.prop.
    Sounds like your rom is a mix or both OV and OS.

Use the flasher zip I posted for updating your rom, and then reflash the rom you want. That should fix it.
    I formatted the whole phone again using the recovery. I formatted Boot, Cache, Data, Sd-Ext, System, Dalvik, Battery Stats and then did a Factory Rest Wipe and then flashed Harmonia 1.7 which has the Activation app. Right after that, I flashed the VM9 Radio image and then rebooted. It still displayed LS670ZV9 as the SW version. I then tried reformatting everything again and then installing just the rom and leaving out the radio image, which didn't help.

Mobile Network State in About>Status says connecting and the Mobile Network Type says CDMA -EvDo rev. A. I also don't have a Wi-Fi MAC Address nor bluetooth. My MEID seems to be correct.

I am willing to use my phone as a test phone for anything you would want to experiment since I should be getting a Epic touch pretty soon.
    03-29-2012 05:17 PM
    I was one of the idiots folks who bricked their V because I did not read the full message thread before I flashed the radio update. I was able to get it back but had no data service. Nothing I tried worked until I found an old .QCN file and restored it through QPST. When I restored it I noticed that my QPST settings were drastically different than they were when I had no data service.

Since they restored my data link with Virgin Mobile, would the settings from my working phone be useful for others to flash who are giving up because they cannot get their data back?

I know enough to be dangerous and that's about it. LeslieAnn, JerryScript? Please let me know if I am on the wrong track or if I can be of help at all. I am just so relieved to have my data service back again.
    03-29-2012 08:29 PM
    Here's what I did to get the VM SW.
    1. I flashed LS670ZV9_20.S9_20.P60671.cab using KDZ
    2. After it installed, I went to IHO recovery and I applied the VM update.
    3. When the phone restarted, still had the sprint SW, I went settings>privacy and did a Factory reset.
    4. When the phone restarted, I shut it down and went to stock recovery and wiped data/factory, wiped cache, applied sdcard:update.zip, and then rebooted. At this time I had SW VM670ZV9.
    5. Then I Activated and 3G was now working.

-If anyone knows how to switch home and option buttons when going to recovery, please help me switch them.
    JerryScript and steven1droid like this.
    03-29-2012 11:18 PM
    ...-If anyone knows how to switch home and option buttons when going to recovery, please help me switch them.
    Not sure what you mean. The home key doesn't do anything on IHO recovery except act as a sort of screen-off button. You use the camera button to select an item.
    03-30-2012 12:58 AM
    I was one of the idiots folks who bricked their V because I did not read the full message thread before I flashed the radio update. I was able to get it back but had no data service. Nothing I tried worked until I found an old .QCN file and restored it through QPST. When I restored it I noticed that my QPST settings were drastically different than they were when I had no data service.

Since they restored my data link with Virgin Mobile, would the settings from my working phone be useful for others to flash who are giving up because they cannot get their data back?

I know enough to be dangerous and that's about it. LeslieAnn, JerryScript? Please let me know if I am on the wrong track or if I can be of help at all. I am just so relieved to have my data service back again.
    I think asadullah needs to be consulted on this one, he knows more about qpst and the OV than just about anyone. Whyzor and bigsupersquid I believe have a bit of experience with it as well.
    Liimon likes this.
    03-30-2012 12:59 AM
    Here's what I did to get the VM SW.
    1. I flashed LS670ZV9_20.S9_20.P60671.cab using KDZ
    2. After it installed, I went to IHO recovery and I applied the VM update.
    3. When the phone restarted, still had the sprint SW, I went settings>privacy and did a Factory reset.
    4. When the phone restarted, I shut it down and went to stock recovery and wiped data/factory, wiped cache, applied sdcard:update.zip, and then rebooted. At this time I had SW VM670ZV9.
    5. Then I Activated and 3G was now working.

-If anyone knows how to switch home and option buttons when going to recovery, please help me switch them.
    Holey Moley man, it worked although I don't have 3G, I was able to change the SW version and I was able to activate under 1X, then data would just go away. I'll just do a little call to VM to reset data and it might work. BIG thanks to everyone.
    03-30-2012 01:32 AM
    QPST isn't a big deal, but it does have a lot of info.

The biggest problem is that the 3G password is shipped on the phone and is device specific, it doesn't get refreshed or changed when you activate it. My password is not the same as yours, so even if I give you all the settings except that, at best you will get 1x. Another annoying issue is that you can't read the 3g password with QPST, you need the LG store version called LGNPST Lab.

If 1x is coming on and leaving, that usually indicates you need to change the PRL file.
    JerryScript, Liimon and Dannemand like this.
    03-30-2012 04:07 AM
    Not sure what you mean. The home key doesn't do anything on IHO recovery except act as a sort of screen-off button. You use the camera button to select an item.
    I'm talking about getting into the recovery. Instead of using Home+Vol Down+Power, I have to use Option+Vol Down+Power. Using Home+Vol Down+Power doesn't do anything.
    03-30-2012 07:23 AM
    Holey Moley man, it worked although I don't have 3G, I was able to change the SW version and I was able to activate under 1X, then data would just go away. I'll just do a little call to VM to reset data and it might work. BIG thanks to everyone.
    You may want to call VM to reset your 3G. At the time I hadn't paid my bill.
    03-30-2012 07:25 AM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD