Is there a way to reset the GPS in Optimus V? Anything similar to ##GPSCLRX# command?

I have tried with the stock OV ROM, it didn't know ##GPSCLRX#. I know that Optimus S has this menu. I have even flashed the stock Optimus S ROM. But the MSL code (that I have used before for PRL update) is not working with that ROM. Anyone?
    03-21-2012 02:15 PM
    try GPS Status from the market, somewhere in the menus is an option to reset.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sstatus2&hl=en

Is there a way to reset the GPS in Optimus V? Anything similar to ##GPSCLRX# command?

I have tried with the stock OV ROM, it didn't know ##GPSCLRX#. I know that Optimus S has this menu. I have even flashed the stock Optimus S ROM. But the MSL code (that I have used before for PRL update) is not working with that ROM. Anyone?
    mrg666 likes this.
    03-21-2012 02:34 PM
    Thanks! I tried GPS status, it did not help. When I start navigation in Google Maps, it is constantly searching for GPS and sometimes force closing. Also, the accuracy of GPS is constantly fluctuating from several yards to several miles on the map. The other OV has no problems at all.
    03-21-2012 02:58 PM
    I used a posted gps.conf from XDA. I get locks in under 5s typically on BumbleBee in a moving car with 5m accuracy.

There are a few GPS apps (I can't remember off the top) that can clear your stuff but I don't know to what extent. I would suggest possibly nuking gps.conf in /etc/. Don't know if Android stores anything extra.

For informational and helpful reasons, here is the gps.conf

gps.conf - Pastebin.com

Just make sure it is saved in proper format (Win users I suggest NotePad++ just to be safe), push/copy it to /etc/gps.conf
    mrg666 likes this.
    03-21-2012 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the gps.conf. It did not help.
    03-21-2012 06:00 PM
    wait you just straight up flashed an opts rom? i wanna try flashing COLD AS ICE and if i do and go back to my backup wiill everything work again?
    03-21-2012 06:24 PM
    I did but please you don't try. It is really no fun. Many capabilities don't work. If you somehow damage recovery or radio code, it is very difficult to fix if possible at all.
    03-21-2012 09:09 PM
    wait you just straight up flashed an opts rom? i wanna try flashing COLD AS ICE and if i do and go back to my backup wiill everything work again?
    Lol where's curiousnoob... he's flashed every optimus s Rom out there...

Then again, he's on his second optimus
    03-21-2012 09:16 PM
    on the V?!?

Time to do the Noob call!

THERE IS A NEW OPTIMUS V ROM BASED OFF OF ANDROID 7.0 ITS PRE PRE PRE PRE PRE ALPHA!

Dammit! didnt work lol
    pbailey212 likes this.
    03-21-2012 09:22 PM
    mrg666, could it just be that that particular optimus has a screwy GPS? Like physically? Has it always had these problems, because Id wonder if the hardware is faulty.
    mrg666 likes this.
    03-21-2012 09:26 PM
    AGPS Patch LG Optimus One 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK & MORE SATS - xda-developers

Found this at xda, should work for the v. Its alot of reading if u like to read :o
    JerryScript and mrg666 like this.
    03-21-2012 09:31 PM
    That is also pretty much a gps.conf. Check the zip file.
    03-22-2012 01:35 AM
    AGPS Patch LG Optimus One 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK & MORE SATS - xda-developers

Found this at xda, should work for the v. Its alot of reading if u like to read :o
    Thanks! I have tried the gps.conf there too. It did not help me. I am starting to think that I have a hardware failure. The Google Maps navigation constantly searches the GPS and sometimes causes a reboot. The accuracy of my position continuously fluctuates from several yards to several miles.
    03-22-2012 05:39 AM
    Delete
    03-22-2012 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD