[NOTICE] Please Be Patient About The Update!!!!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am working with several people on fixing the VM security update for rooted users.

[NOTE]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show a little patience![/NOTE]

[INFO]I will not release it till I'm convinced it will not damage any more phones! I have a donated phone being mailed to me as I type this, and a couple of testers who have OVs they don't mind bricking for the cause.[/INFO]

[WARN]If you cannot be patient, and wait till it's ready, you are taking a huge risk applying anything from the update package.

You have been warned![/WARN]

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who is willing to risk bricking their phone, please PM me, and after I grill you with a lot of warnings, I'll add you to the testing group. ;)

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Good to know but jerry do you think it will help quattrimus or the old 3g signal lost that some people got with backside? I'll be patient bro. Keep up the good work

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

norland24

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i already loaded the update from leslieann and i was one of the fortunate few that didn't brick there phones, would your update effect that in anyway once its released.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i already loaded the update from leslieann and i was one of the fortunate few that didn't brick there phones, would your update effect that in anyway once its released.
Actually.
There was 4 or 5 bricks out of over 100 downloads when I removed it. It was only a rare few who actually bricked, not the other way around.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Edit-added quote, got ninja'd ;)
Touch recovery from what I read will brick it.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

That is what is known to brick it now. It has also been reported that the multirom recovery will brick. Who knows what will be reported next.

If you are a risk taker, and/or have an extra $100 bucks to get another OV (just in case), you should just ignore this thread altogether, and do as you please. It is only meant to help prevent more bricked phones. I know I would be very upset if I bricked mine and couldn't recover it. It's not just the pain of loosing a hundred bucks, it's more like having a closet catch fire, pictures and other mementos get lost and cannot be replaced. ;)

Edit - I wasn't responding to you LeslieAnn, we all know you are doing everything you can to make this new radio as easy and painless as possible!

Reactions: baughnry7898

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Edit - I wasn't responding to you LeslieAnn, we all know you are doing everything you can to make this new radio as easy and painless as possible!
No worries. :)

Like I said before,
People will find ways to get it and flash it, it's better we do it in an informed way to minimize the risks, but no matter what there is still risk there.

norland24

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually.
There was 4 or 5 bricks out of over 100 downloads when I removed it. It was only a rare few who actually bricked, not the other way around.

sorry i didn't mean any offense with that, just from what i kept reading i assumed it was more bricks then clean flashes, i do gotta say it did raise my 3g from about 60 kb to 650 - 750 kb. and ive had no probs so far:)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
sorry i didn't mean any offense with that, just from what i kept reading i assumed it was more bricks then clean flashes, i do gotta say it did raise my 3g from about 60 kb to 650 - 750 kb. and ive had no probs so far:)

No worries, I only pointed it out to stop rumors from spreading.

A while back we had 4 people nearly in a row complain about a problem with Harmonia 2, one person started reporting all over various forums that there was a major problem with it and I was apparently doing nothing about it. This person didn't understand that yes, 4 people had problems, but there had been over 1500 downloads of that version by that time.

20 people will download Harmonia in the first 5 minutes of when I post an update, and can hit nearly 200 within the first hour. So when 4 people have a problem, I see something very different than those reading.

In the case of my radio patcher, it's had over 250 downloads so far.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry leslieann the people who complain about rooms and patches are either noobs or selfish. I rarely complain about a Rom because first I understand that I take my own life into my hands flashing this stuff, and second I follow directions an have never had a bad flash because of it (I've only boot looped my phone like three times out of hundreds of flashes:p).

What I'm saying is... you devs are the best /unselfish;)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The only builds I complain about are the ones I have done in the past. They take a full day to compile on my pos machine and they suck.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk