[ROM][Team-Coterie] GingerBread V

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

GingerBread V
android-gingerbread-transparent.png

Developed by:

WARNING: I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR FLAWS IN YOUR PHONE, NOR BRICKED PHONES, YOU DO WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU DO IT. A LITTLE KNOWN FACT DO NOT LG FACTORY RESET!!! UNDER ADVANCED MENU. DO NOT!!

I have spent months working on this ROM perfecting it, knocking out all the bugs and kinks. Still have a few screw loose, but nothing that can't be fixed.
Built from Google's source, Rebuilt from the ground up using Inferior Human Organs!
This is NOT IHO, nor did I build it from IHO, this is Google's GingerBread 2.3.3.
That is correct lady's and gentlemen The Optimus V now has GingerBread!

[INFO]This ROM still has some bugs, but this is the closest thing you will get to gingerbread, stock.
Bugs Know:
  • Mic fails on Calls, People on the other line can't hear you.
  • USB fails to connect - Fix Permissions in recovery to fix this. (Takes a while, don't pull out your battery)(Advanced > Fix Permissions > Yes)
  • Restarting on first start-up (Rare, don't panic if it happens, it will be fine the second time)
  • SetupWizard Loops and crashes on skip, Just go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>Add Account
  • Blutooth not working.
If you encounter a problem, bug, or even a fix, Please post it in this thread. Thank you!
[/INFO]
Google-Play-Market-1.png
screenshot-1332450518132.png
screenshot-GingerBread-RC01.png

Downloads
GingerBread-V-01

Changelog
GingerBread-V-01:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Combined Google GingerBread with IHO
[*]Added Google Apps
[*]Updated Google Apps
[*]Updated Launcher2
[*]Fixed SystemUI and Framework, Replaced with IHO's
[*]Updated Market to Google Play Store
[*]Kernel Values Changed
[*]Build.prop changed
[*]Installed system files from IHO to GingerBread
[*]Deodexed
[*]Fixed WiFI
[*]Fixed Data
[*]Fixed SuperUser crashing
[*]Fixed mega lag from alpha builds
[*]Fixed Mount SD
[/LIST]

[INFO]
Works with all newer Recoveries. Touch, Xionia, etc.
Not sure if it works on NEW Optimus Vs, could it hurt to try? Not if you know how to back up!
Always do a back up before flashing!
[/INFO]

A Special thanks to:
Blarf - For IHO on git hub!
Google - For creating a fine test subject to base my ROM off.
LeslieAnn - For the AWESOME community build server, can't express my gratitude enough!
00_wrath_00 - Alpha and Beta Tester
Team-Coterie - Yeah!!
Android Central - For being there when I need help. Feels like family.

Last edited:

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow! This was sure unexpected! GREAT Job!

Thank you Gannon,
I have been posting about coming out with a GingerBread ROM in a lot of my posts on my ROM threads and on my websites, you should check them out sometime. I personally check up on yours time to time, I love your work :D
You help inspire me to keep going, and keep developing, I'm a one man developer too, well I'm starting a Team.

But yes, GingerBread for the Optimus V, a few bugs, but its here :D

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Gannon,
I have been posting about coming out with a GingerBread ROM in a lot of my posts on my ROM threads and on my websites, you should check them out sometime. I personally check up on yours time to time, I love your work :D
You help inspire me to keep going, and keep developing, I'm a one man developer too, well I'm starting a Team.

But yes, GingerBread for the Optimus V, a few bugs, but its here :D

Glad to know I've inspired you! That's a first for me! Lol
Join the one- man club. Lol I've got a team now, but it's going to be the same, it's just expanding my dev work to other devices.
Hope to see this take off! I'll personally download it when I'm not too busy :)

Reactions: Redbaron2005

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Flash gapps?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Gapps not needed.
This is GingerBread, not IHO or CW7.

Gapps is already baked inside
WITH FROSTING! :D

Glad to know I've inspired you! That's a first for me! Lol
Join the one- man club. Lol I've got a team now, but it's going to be the same, it's just expanding my dev work to other devices.
Hope to see this take off! I'll personally download it when I'm not too busy :)

Thank you again,
I hear you there, Been busy myself :p

Last edited:
Reactions: arnold1997

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What kind of people are you looking for, for your team?

Testers, Coders, ROM Builders/Editors, Theme Makers/modifiers, APK/APP Makers/modifiers, etc.
If you can create or edit Anything for an android, I want you.
If you know a good amount about Linux, Coding, Development, and other helpful areas.
I basically ask what you can do, and I send you a PM and evaluate your answers.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Testers, Coders, ROM Builders/Editors, Theme Makers/modifiers, APK/APP Makers/modifiers, etc.
If you can create or edit Anything for an android, I want you.
If you know a good amount about Linux, Coding, Development, and other helpful areas.
I basically ask what you can do, and I send you a PM and evaluate your answers.

I have my own team as of right now but if you need any advise or any help at all, I'll be more than glad to help you out. My team isn't looking so good (I seem to be the only one putting in effort in the blog and stuff) so if it doesn't work out I'll ask if I can join yours. I like to have help :)

Reactions: Redbaron2005

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have my own team as of right now but if you need any advise or any help at all, I'll be more than glad to help you out. My team isn't looking so good (I seem to be the only one putting in effort in the blog and stuff) so if it doesn't work out I'll ask if I can join yours. I like to have help :)

Thank you Gannon! I will defiantly take you up on your offer, I would be more then happy to work with you Gannon, it would be a pleasure to work by your side, and might I add if you need any help with anything, anything at all don't hesitate to ask or PM me, I might not know everything, but I'm a fast learner, and I would love to help you out any way possible! :p

------------------------------------------

Found a fix for a few bugs, like USB Mass Storage.
Here's how to fix it.
  1. Boot into your recovery (Hold Back + Volume Up + Power, Wait till the LG logo goes away, Let go of buttons)
  2. Navigate to Advanced (Using the Volume Up or Down keys)
  3. Navigate to Fix Permissions > Yes.
  4. Reboot and Enjoy
Looking into more fixes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy