[ROM][Team-Coterie] GingerBread V

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So, at the risk of sounding like a total dick, I'm just going to ask what would make flashing this superior to flashing one of the many other GB ROMs that exist for the V. Is it faster or more lightweight than IHO? Battery life? I didn't think it could get any better than Harmonia 2 or mrg666's build, and I find I have gotten very used to all the customization that CM7 offers.

Anyway, great job, always nice to have options if nothing else.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Cammy, what's the highest you.can overclock your phone?

I recently found out not all OVs have 800MHz processors. Mine has a 775Mhz processor. :(
4c62d649-e6a5-9351.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Gingerbread? I thought cm7 was gingerbread well a very well build port of it. The only gingerbread rom that could run on this is the q. Is this a port of the q.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey Cammy, what's the highest you.can overclock your phone?

I recently found out not all OVs have 800MHz processors. Mine has a 775Mhz processor. :(
Click to view quoted image

Hey man, I think that is what Private Messages are for?

So, at the risk of sounding like a total dick, I'm just going to ask what would make flashing this superior to flashing one of the many other GB ROMs that exist for the V. Is it faster or more lightweight than IHO? Battery life? I didn't think it could get any better than Harmonia 2 or mrg666's build, and I find I have gotten very used to all the customization that CM7 offers.

1)IHO and other "GB" ROMs are not a true gingerbread, It is gingerbread, but it's a Custom ROM not a Stock ROM, this is more or less like a Stock ROM, but there is no such thing as a stock gingerbread ROM for the Optimus V only well made ports or Open Source code, such as CM7 and IHO.
2)It has some scripts that make it slightly faster then IHO, and because of the fact this is not a Full blown custom ROM, its more related to stock, this is lightweight just like Harmonia 2, only thing is it is more lightweight, compare the file sizes, and the amount of free space on your internal storage, This ROM has no custom features besides the Status Bar/Notification Bar, ported from IHO.
3)The battery life is probably about the same as IHO.
4)Again like my OP says, This is NOT IHO, nor CM7. This is GingerBread, basicly Stock, Built from Google's Source not ported from any other ROM. This is it's own ROM, it's own project. Again This is not a Custom ROM with cool bells and whistles. Lightweight, Stock, and GingerBread. Still in development at that...

Hope I could clear things up for you, no offence taken :)

Gingerbread? I thought cm7 was gingerbread well a very well build port of it. The only gingerbread rom that could run on this is the q. Is this a port of the q.

This is not a port from any other ROM(s)
This is a ROM built from scratch, with IHO Implants.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I believe red baron built straight from Google's source. Not the IHO or cm7 source code. He incorperated some things from IHO because he needed it to run for the V. IHO is a kang of cm7 which has alot of extra stuff that isn't necessary, which is why Leslieann strips it out in harmonia. This GB Rom that redbaron built is the closest to straight gingerbread we are ever going to get. Correct me if I mispoke redbaron.

Reactions: Redbaron2005

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
RedBaron,

Meowdib from xda here. I'll be keeping my eye on this. Appreciate all the hard work. I'll have a hard time ripping BobZ from my brother's phone, but we'll see.

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll give it a spin. I think you should try and work things out and not use so much from IHO but instead the Sprint OTA if at all possible since it has real GB and the phones are very identical.

EDIT: Never mind, this uses the IHO Kernel. Any chance to have something more stock?

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe red baron built straight from Google's source. Not the IHO or cm7 source code. He incorperated some things from IHO because he needed it to run for the V. IHO is a kang of cm7 which has alot of extra stuff that isn't necessary, which is why Leslieann strips it out in harmonia. This GB Rom that redbaron built is the closest to straight gingerbread we are ever going to get. Correct me if I mispoke redbaron.

You took the words right out of my mouth :)
This is EXACTLY what this ROM is all about.
GingerBread alone from Google's source flashes and runs, yet it is kernel-less, slow, laggy, and lots of broken items, such as no 3g, no wifi, no blutooth, and lots of other bugs. This is why I use IHO's Internal Organs to power gingerbread. But I do NOT use all the parts and files to run this, only needed files such as hardware files, and drivers the phone uses.

I'll give it a spin. I think you should try and work things out and not use so much from IHO but instead the Sprint OTA if at all possible since it has real GB and the phones are very identical.

EDIT: Never mind, this uses the IHO Kernel. Any chance to have something more stock?

GingerBread from Google's source is Kernel-less, I'm cooking a GingerBread Kernel as we speak, because there is no STOCK GB Kernel... because this is the First Ever Stock, Real GingerBread ROM for the Optimus V. This IS the closest thing to a STOCK GingerBread that we have for the Optimus V, It's this or Harmonia which is IHO Stripped down the the bare, yet It is still IHO, a lot more custom then stock.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification on this, I appreciate it. I'm pretty happy with Harmonia but will definitely give this one a spin soon. I'm sick of flashing ROMs at the moment trying out all the new ICS variants that are being developed, lol.

Reactions: inceyet

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, I know of Quattrimus as an ICS variant, but what other variants are there? I'd love to test them out! :D And I think I'll give this a try too! :)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Idk if its just me, but i say you replace LatinIME.apk from one of the IHO roms, because theres no dictionary on the keyboard

Other than that, i love the rom. No problems yet. :D

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
GingerBread from Google's source is Kernel-less, I'm cooking a GingerBread Kernel as we speak, because there is no STOCK GB Kernel... because this is the First Ever Stock, Real GingerBread ROM for the Optimus V. This IS the closest thing to a STOCK GingerBread that we have for the Optimus V, It's this or Harmonia which is IHO Stripped down the the bare, yet It is still IHO, a lot more custom then stock.

Right. Answered with you working on it, so there is something in the pipe. whereas I have no REAL problem with using Bobz's kernel, using it in will inherit whatever problems BobZ has, which isn't bad, but from my exp it won't end up much different than using straight up IHO.

EDIT: I notice your screenshot says Bobz's. This is the information I'm going off of. I'll really see once it gets past the dalvik building at boot.

I still wish someone could port the Optimus S GB stuff over to smooth out GB for the V, but I will probably eventually have to tackle that myself if/when I get a build machine running. I used to do it alot with swapping the MyTouch 3G/G1 stuff around.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Oxygen rom for Optimus One is default Gingervread, but with Status Bar mod in the settings. Any chance of getting that too?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome job!

2)It has some scripts that make it slightly faster then IHO, and because of the fact this is not a Full blown custom ROM, its more related to stock, this is lightweight just like Harmonia 2, only thing is it is more lightweight, compare the file sizes, and the amount of free space on your internal storage,

A better way is that it more like the true GB equivalent of Harmonia 1.

Harmonia 2, as stated is more of a hybrid, it's CM7 trimmed back to GB, while this is just pure GB.