Earphones for answering the phone?

StevenOptimusV

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to answer my phone with my stereo headphones plugged in by talking into the phone. Apparently this does not work, I guess the phone thinks because something is plugged into the headphone jack, it must have a mic (which mine does not). Any way to make the phone mic work while headphones are plugged in?

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Any way to make the phone mic work while headphones are plugged in?

Have you tried those headphones with a Froyo based R0M? I know that it used to be possible to use headphones and talk into the phone's mic, IIRC it was with a Froyo R0M...maybe Bumblebee or Rodimus?

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Make sure you have an older Optimus V before trying to use those old R0Ms, the newer ones have a different screen and will not work if you don't flash in the anykernel before booting...

Reactions: StevenOptimusV
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
You can also use Redbaron2005's newer Froyo roms for this function. I too have a first-gen V.

Don't suffer through using the older ones... about to reinstall one of those myself, perhaps the stripped 2.2.1. Having too many issues with Harmonia GB right now... well, I'm partly going back anyway, 'cause I can't get my dose of Angry Birds Space, might work with stripped 2.2.1... we'll see.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
One thing for sure, you should make a backup in recovery of whatever you are currently using before installing a new R0M to give yourself a fallback point if it turns out the new R0M doesn't work for you. This will save you a lot of time and frustration trying to redo all your must have apps!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk