03-24-2012 10:09 PM
46 12
tools
    Throttling starts today.... Wonder whats next. My text are really laggy, and reception is down alot.

What are you thoughts?
    03-23-2012 03:08 PM
    Use wifi more.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    03-23-2012 03:10 PM
    Throttling starts today.... Wonder whats next. My text are really laggy, and reception is down alot.

What are you thoughts?
    Hey don't be scaring us, you've been having texting problems for a week, don't be so superstitious.

I have noticed no change and I use my phone as my internet for my desktop at home.... ....And no I don't hog the bandwidth. I use it to do my online work for college.

I don't expect anyone here will be affected

Sent via the Postal Service
    03-23-2012 03:20 PM
    Throttling starts today....What are you thoughts?

GOOD. I welcome it.
    Raul720 likes this.
    03-23-2012 03:25 PM
    yeah, this doesn't concern me because i use WIFI more than anything.
    03-23-2012 03:27 PM
    GOOD. I welcome it.
    Yeah maybe it'll free up bandwidth by slowing the people tethering their xboxs and ps3s to play call of duty.

cole2kb likes this.
    03-23-2012 03:28 PM
    Yeah maybe it'll free up bandwidth by slowing the people tethering their xboxs and ps3s to play call of duty.

Or torrenting, using usenet, using it as a home connection just for fun, etc....
    03-23-2012 03:32 PM
    I use wifi 95% of the time, but today I have no bars what so ever.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2012 03:56 PM
    I went from around 500k at this time of day normally to around 750k, so YAY!
    03-23-2012 05:22 PM
    GOOD. I welcome it.
    This + one million...

@Leslie, that's because the people thinking that VM is "Capping" us left. Now we have "somewhat smoother" data xD.
    03-23-2012 05:22 PM
    This + one million...

@Leslie, that's because the people thinking that VM is "Capping" us left. Now we have "somewhat smoother" data xD.
    Honestly, that just makes me mad on a personal level, lol. You're paying (potentially) less than $40 a month for great service on some semi-decent hardware (that is priced fairly) when you'd be paying at LEAST double on a national carrier for a 2GB CAP, as in NO MORE DATA FOR YOU, not just slower speeds. Ugh.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    03-23-2012 06:26 PM
    Well, it might be too early to tell, but overall, data,seems faster. Speedtest confirms it as well. I keep getting upwards of 800 kbps at my house with 1-2 bars, where I previously got less then 300 kbps. We'll see later on, however.

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V
    notown likes this.
    03-23-2012 11:11 PM
    dont they have to have a file on our phones to throttle us individually -cough- OTA -cough-
    03-24-2012 12:57 AM
    i too have noticed my texts take a lot longer to go through. i got a couple that didn't go through at all today which is rare. but then again i did the radio update yesterday...wonder if its related to either?

although i did a speed test, and got the highest speeds i've ever gotten from VM before:

look, it's like i almost have real 3g! amazing!

Honestly i hate the idea of a cap, but welcome anything to improve the oversaturated network here. Even though it should be up to the provider to actually PROVIDE the infrastructure capable of handling it's own network traffic, and upgrading it when it can't. But seeing as were on VM i'm not going to hold my breath. All i really want is to actually be able to play grooveshark whenever i'd like without worrying about it not buffering faster than it plays. Hope this lets me.

I'll test again during peak hours, that's what actually matters.
    03-24-2012 01:36 AM
    i got the text.. but the message says that the data speeds will be back at nexxt pay.. ( i used 2.5 gbs apparently)
    clodfelterac likes this.
    03-24-2012 01:37 AM

My speeds on non updated radio
    Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk
    03-24-2012 02:29 AM
    Here you go, a series of tests taken without the radio update. I guess we just get better speeds down here in the south.
    03-24-2012 04:15 AM
    Here you go, a series of tests taken without the radio update. I guess we just get better speeds down here in the south.
    lol... i broke 2000kbps one time... off peak hours of course... i sat and watched the dl speed tethered to my laptop for about an hour while i was downloading ubuntu... averaged 900kbps for the first minute or two... then started falling to 700, 500, 300, finished dl at around 70-100kbps... but, an example anyway... i was on the last day of my month though.. (had already paid for next month online)... :-)
    03-24-2012 05:01 AM
    dont they have to have a file on our phones to throttle us individually -cough- OTA -cough-
    Any company stupid enough to try that again, deserves what they get.
    Years ago a cable Co. throttled people by using a script in the modem. It took about 6 months for word to spread to the point that they had to give up on that idea and start throttling at the office.

Those modems weren't open source, and they just got caught with their hands in the cookie jar with the spying crap. Do you really honestly think that they would put the throttle on our phones?
    03-24-2012 05:49 AM
    i have no i thought the radio contained the information to my phone that allowed the throttle i m not says spy software no conspericy but why was there the update and throttling so vlose together
    03-24-2012 06:05 AM
    i have no i thought the radio contained the information to my phone that allowed the throttle i m not says spy software no conspericy but why was there the update and throttling so vlose together
    This makes absolutely no sense
    03-24-2012 07:04 AM
    This makes absolutely no sense
    It doesn't, but I think he is saying, "is it just a coincidence that VM, who never updates their phones, sends and update days before the throttle day?"

03-24-2012 07:55 AM
    i thought this too... hmmm... seems kinda odd doesnt it?...
    03-24-2012 08:51 AM
    There are 2 files where they NEVER were now.

2daya ago, I was using MIUi and clicked this. It was empty. Today, there are two files. :what:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-24-2012 08:57 AM
    So...does this mean if you don't update, you don't get throttled?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-24-2012 09:11 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD