03-26-2012 06:02 PM
55 123
tools
    yea i figured it out lol thanks.
    03-24-2012 01:19 PM
    That flash is only 4.87 kb is that right.
    03-24-2012 01:21 PM
    That flash is only 4.87 kb is that right.
    Both files will be small. They are the necessary files to be able to properly flash a custom recovery.

We have seen several people having a similar problem and Im curious how you rooted the phone?

Because if you dont have the flash_image file on the root of you sdcard then a step was skipped or the guide you used didnt mention that step.
    03-24-2012 01:50 PM
    You are correct Eollie i did not have flash on my sdcard. Also i'm going to get someone to do this because my skills on this keyboard is lacking. I do not no how to do this on the keyboard xoxo_xoxo _. Like the shift and the line to do that. My youngest son who lives with me is 16 and i'm not even sure he can do that lol.

I have the Terminal Emulator on here but it does me no good if i can't use the keyboard properly(it's sad)
    03-24-2012 03:39 PM
    Ok my son showed me where it was at lmao. Thank you for all the help.
    03-24-2012 06:08 PM
    Okay, so you can boot your phone right?

Let it reflash and get booted, enter the market, and download Terminal Emulator, if you don't already have it on there.

Follow these instructions:

Download this http://www.mediafire.com/?bx14hzq5i2pq3ps. It is a ZIP file, inside it is a file called flash_image. Copy it to your SD card (the extracted file, not the archive.)
    Download this file VM670NH_recovery.img to your SD card and rename it r.img

Type those lines into Terminal Emulator one at a time. If you get any errors STOP and report back. That should re-flash your recovery. If it goes well, type "reboot recovery" in terminal emulator and it should hopefully boot into recovery, from there you can flash a ROM.
    It says under the first line
    mount -o not found
    #
    03-24-2012 07:28 PM
    It says under the first line
    mount -o not found
    #
    You must type:

mount -o remount,rw /system /system

Sent via the
    03-24-2012 08:11 PM
    I did type mount -o remount,rw /system /system then under it say

mount -o not found

I will try again see what happens
    03-24-2012 08:14 PM
    Ok this time i did it and used space between each letter.

after i typed this in mount -o remount,rw /system /system

Alot of files or something came up and at the end it says.

These are file filesystem-specific-o-flags
    03-24-2012 08:26 PM
    After i did that it says
    successfully wrote block at b10c000000000
    03-24-2012 08:38 PM
    The yellow android guy came up this time. Then it just went back like it did before.
    03-24-2012 08:41 PM
    The yellow android guy came up this time. Then it just went back like it did before.
    You need

mount_-o_remount,rw_/system_/system

I emphasized the spaces.... if that doesn't work... you may be missing something, let me see. You remembered to type "su" first to give tthe terminal su permissions right? And you have the binary updated in the superuser app?

Sent via the
    03-24-2012 08:54 PM
    I don't see what files you could be missing

Sent via the
    03-24-2012 09:01 PM
    Make sure you have installed busybox before trying to run these commands. I recommend the stericsson installer from the play store.
    03-24-2012 09:31 PM
    Make sure you have installed busybox before trying to run these commands. I recommend the stericsson installer from the play store.
    I bet he's missing that, there's no reason "mount" should be unrecognized.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-24-2012 09:52 PM
    If it says that it successfully wrote the blocks for recovery, your next step would be to wipe everything and flash a new ROM. Turn off your phone, then hold home, volume down, and power, and let go when the silver LG logo appears, does it enter recovery?
    03-24-2012 11:41 PM
    If it says that it successfully wrote the blocks for recovery, your next step would be to wipe everything and flash a new ROM. Turn off your phone, then hold home, volume down, and power, and let go when the silver LG logo appears, does it enter recovery?
    You are right cole2kb it went ok. That is my next step is to wipe and install a new rom. I already have a rom on my sdcard(Backside rom). But my problem is getting into recovery to do this. There is a recovery on this phone. When you click on reboot it comes up with the option to click on recovery but i will have to try it out and see. But the hold,volume and power has never worked for me before.
    03-25-2012 10:44 AM
    It's really simple, and should work just fine. With the phone OFF, hold the Home button. Then, while holding Home, start holding down the Volume Down button, and while holding those two, hold down the Power button, and let go of all of them when the silver LG logo pops up. Let us know what you see after that.
    03-25-2012 10:58 AM
    I tryed it several times nothing. The silver LG logo disappears i let go. Then the big yellow android comes on and under it says I.H.O. Maybe my son can do try.
    03-25-2012 07:34 PM
    Does Clockwork have to be installed for this to work.
    03-25-2012 07:42 PM
    sounds like youre not letting it boot fully... it takes a while on fresh install... forgive me if you meant it "hangs" on iho boot screen... :-)
    03-25-2012 07:42 PM
    Yea thats what i meant lol.
    03-25-2012 08:10 PM
    I have a ? about file manager. When i looked in there i notice the files for

bootimg
    flash_image
    r.img
    recoveryimg

are all just plain white looking. The ones i seen before are green with a green android guy on it. Is this normal. Maybe i thought could be the reason i'm not able to get into recovery. Now when i press the off button i can get in the

silent mode
    airplane mode
    reboot
    power off

if i press reboot it takes me to these

reboot
    recovery
    bootloader

they all work except recovery. bootloader works so i don't no why the recovery does not work. because i still have not been able to get into recovery useing your method. my son says he can do it but he is in school. i still think its not going to work since i have tryed it several times lol sry man.

When i press the recovery option it just takes me back to the silver LG logo and the yellow android thingy with the letters I.H.O
    03-26-2012 12:46 PM
    I don't know man, I guess let your son try it out and see if he can get into it. It makes no sense that you can't boot into recovery, honestly, at least not to me anyway, but I am far from an expert. I wish there was a way for me to just look at it in person, it would make this much easier, lol.
    03-26-2012 12:59 PM
    Yea i even have rom toolbox pro on here and it does the same thing. When i click on rebbot into recovery. Rom manager was installed on here and when i click on flash clockworkmod recovery it says i must have clockworkmod installed to use it. Mind you i'm just messing with this to see what happens.

I appreciate all your help.
    03-26-2012 01:13 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD