[ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!

bball2896

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jca

Was wondering if anyone could assist with this. I followed the instructions and got to step 4. Had no issues prior to it. When I rebooted and got to the Recovery menu it says to "-- Select Install zip from sdcard"

The issue I am having is that there is no way I can select it. The LG Optimus V that I have (have 3 and all are the same) are touch screen only and there is no keyboard to navigate.

I tried hitting settings and that moved down, blank screen, move down, etc. I tried hitting home, it scrolled up, blanked, scrolled up, and the other two buttons didn't do anything. How exactly can I "select" the option if there is no way to click it? I downloaded all 3 files located in the original thread and got it on there, just having issues with the "select".

Thanks for any help.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

In that recovery Volume buttons move you up and down, Camera button is the select button and the back button takes you back. Any other buttons will turn off screen.

bball2896

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

In that recovery Volume buttons move you up and down, Camera button is the select button and the back button takes you back. Any other buttons will turn off screen.

Ah, thank you very much. I didn't even think to use the buttons on the side. Tried browsing and googling and couldn't find anything useful.

Gibson SG

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't look like a one-click solution will work easily, at least on Windows. If you are using Linux, you can use the script posted by jcase in the original Gordita Root thread at xda. ;)

I will work on a bat file for Windows users to try to make things easier.

So, is there a possibility of a one-click solution for Mac? I'm getting pissed with trying to figure everything out to get into ADB Devices through Terminal.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Just tried it, everything went Great. As always, Good work JCase, and Jerry. :p

Is it true the radio locks the kernel from overclocking past somethings?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I really think this should be stickied, the zv9 update isn't going to go away and this guide works very good

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it, everything went Great. As always, Good work JCase, and Jerry. :p

Is it true the radio locks the kernel from overclocking past somethings?

My overclock is still the same as before the update 806/600. But I think I remember others having to lower theirs.

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Hey all, I tried to follow these steps and I got ADB working on my PC. I was able to detect my device through the command prompt. I get an error when I try to run adb shell "rm /data/amit/*" it gives me an error that permission is denied. I keep getting stuck on this part and I dont have a clue what to do past this. Any suggestions? Debugging is enabled on the phone that has the VZ9 update installed already.

I also want to mention that I am running Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewraith420

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey all, I tried to follow these steps and I got ADB working on my PC. I was able to detect my device through the command prompt. I get an error when I try to run adb shell "rm /data/amit/*" it gives me an error that permission is denied. I keep getting stuck on this part and I dont have a clue what to do past this. Any suggestions? Debugging is enabled on the phone that has the VZ9 update installed already.

I also want to mention that I am running Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference.

If you are getting a permission denied error at that point, that's when you need to do a factory reset, then do the entire procedure again. ;)

arp734

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Anyone figure out a better way to do this? I've been doing this for the past 3 hours every error i do a factory reset and i get stuck at the second to last code. Obviously the OP thinks everyone is a dev and doesn't bother explaining anything or even giving all the directions needed. Kinda sloppy way to make a "guide" if you ask me. And thanks to him for getting the windows one click method working. Really appreciate your efforts there. Children explain things better...

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figure out a better way to do this? I've been doing this for the past 3 hours every error i do a factory reset and i get stuck at the second to last code. Obviously the OP thinks everyone is a dev and doesn't bother explaining anything or even giving all the directions needed. Kinda sloppy way to make a "guide" if you ask me. And thanks to him for getting the windows one click method working. Really appreciate your efforts there. Children explain things better...

Actually posting the error and not complaining would get you a solution much faster

arp734

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't matter. I've asked questions in this thread and they STILL haven't been answered. My points were 100% valid. Picks and chooses who he responds to. I don't really care. :)

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. I've asked questions in this thread and they STILL haven't been answered. My points were 100% valid. Picks and chooses who he responds to. I don't really care. :)

If you don't really care, why are you complaining? I don't think you have any reason to complain. So you're messing up somewhere in following instructions someone kindle posted on the internet for the benefit of others. Many other people have followed his instructions (including myself) and succeeded with little to no issue. And those who had issues, posted how they fixed it. All I've seen you do is complain and appear to think someone who volunteers his time and effort to do this owes you constant support

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Isn't this thread in the android DEVelopment thread? Just saying...

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

First of all you sound like an arrogant nitwit. Insulting the OP who does this out of his spare time won't help your case at all.

Second of all you failed to mention what the problem is. A vague description like "failed at the second line" is inadequate. If you post exactly what you typed, and what the output was, maybe someone will help you.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm. The first page has the instructions. And if people read through maybe just maybe theres an answer. I used this with 0 problems and appreciate all that Jerry and for that matter all the devs here do in their spare time. Sorry for being off topic just Burns my a** how people expect things now and not being patient and not reading carefully. Keep doing what you do Jerry.

End of ranting back to flashing now.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Excuse me for not taking the time to answer every single post in every single thread I participate in. That is my fault, I should take the time out of my life to be sure to respond every single time, I know I'm a horrible person.

I just read every post you've made in this thread, and I think these answers are what you are missing:

--No, you cannot use fastboot to do this.

--Yes, I pick and choose who I respond to. I pick them based on what I think has already been answered. Perhaps I thought one or more of your posts had already been answered.

--If you really want some help, you will post exactly what you are doing and exactly what the output from either ADB or your phone is, and exactly where you had the error. Though some seem to think otherwise, I cannot see your phone, and so I don't know what is happening without you posting the detailed information here.

--I tried to make the instructions as plain and straight forward as possible, I don't really think it was written for devs only, but perhaps I'm being ignorant.

Believe me, if you had posted these details already, someone else probably would have offered some advice before I even read your post. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but we are a pretty helpful community around here, and everyone helps out, not just the devs. That's what makes this forum my favorite.

If you want personal one-on-one tech support, I'm sure something can be arranged with LGE. ;)

Note- I do not have an ETA on a one-click method for windows users. I can't tell you the last time I booted into windows, I'm pretty much a nix user these days. If some bat file wizard want's to take some time out to make one, I'll be glad to offer any support I can.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000