Screen freezes, lock button still works

ragnvaldr

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Last week I rooted my Optimus V with IHO Gingerbread as per the instructions of this thread and this one.

Everything works brilliantly except I'm having 2 problems:

1. Screen lock ups. The phone still runs somewhat, but I can't do anything with it except turn the screen on and off. I still get notifications, texts, etc., get sporadic haptic feedback from the screen, and sometimes the volume will change. I can turn the screen back on with home or the screen lock button, but it won't show the unlock screen, just the same static screen. 9 times out of 10 I have to pull the battery out, but every now and then it'll fix itself after a while. It started almost as soon as I rooted it, before I even put many, if any, apps on or changed any of the settings. Happens a few times a day.

2. Not a terrible problem, just that when I hit the unlock button, only the bottom third or quarter of the screen or so works, and the rest of the screen is some sort of frozen image, usually of my homepage or whatever it was left on before it locked last. Usually I can just rotate it and it'll fix itself though. If not, it still works enough that I can reset it through the menu, rather than having to just take the battery out. Still annoying, but not the worst thing in the world.

Thanks.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a problem occurring with the new IHO builds because they include the ICS rotation animations. Jerry's newer builds have an option to disable them in settings>>cyanogen settings>>display. This will stop your problems;)

Sent via the Postal Service

guillermouriarte

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This is a problem occurring with the new IHO builds because they include the ICS rotation animations. Jerry's newer builds have an option to disable them in settings>>cyanogen settings>>display. This will stop your problems;)

Sent via the Postal Service

I have the exact same problem and will try disabling ICS roation, thanks for your help!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01