Hello,

Yesterday, I wanted to give this whole rooting thing a whirl. I followed Whyzor's instructions to a T and everything was working as advertised all day. I left the phone plugged into my computer overnight to charge, and when it is plugged in, it is stuck in a boot loop on the LG screen. When it is not plugged it, it is a black screen, and can't even seem to get into recovery mode. WTF happened? ed?
    03-25-2012 10:38 AM
    What was the last thing you did?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-25-2012 11:59 AM
    Hitting the home screen or something else along those lines. It was working fine and it was plugged in with the usb. I wasn't touching any settings late last night, just maybe responding to email or looking at something on twitter. I just left it like that overnight and somehow things went south while it was charging. Very confused.
    03-25-2012 12:04 PM
    In the rooting process, did you flash a custom recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-25-2012 12:11 PM
    It sounds like your battery might be dead if everything was okay with the flash and the phone was running fine. Do you have a home / car charger you can plug it into and see what happens?
    03-25-2012 12:11 PM
    1. Yes. Custom recovery was flashed (bobzhome). That worked great yesterday to root and install IHO. But it's not booting into recovery anymore.

2. No charger besides the USB cord. The battery has been slow to charge, so maaaybe it might be that? But this is essentially a new phone, so that would be strange. Is there a way to check this with just the USB cord?
    03-25-2012 12:15 PM
    One thing that makes me think (hopefully) that it is the battery is that when it is not plugged in, it is completely unresponsive. The black screen is not a backlit black screen, there is no evidence of any sort of life.

So, basically if this sounds familiar to anyone it would be helpful. Is it common to be boot looping only when plugged into the USB? Does a normal effed up black screen show any sign of life? And when something can't boot into recovery, what usually happens (e.g. error message?)
    03-25-2012 12:24 PM
    Well, it might not get as much flow of power from your USB ports on the computer as it would through a wall charger. Only thing I can suggest is going and getting a wall charger. You said it's a new phone, it should have come with one, and would need to charge on that to prime the battery, from my experience.

I think it's the battery because the USB might be giving it just enough juice to turn on but not enough to charge, hence the bootloop, and it being totally unresponsive when not plugged in (as if the battery is dead).
    03-25-2012 12:29 PM
    I can confirm on all the IHO roms I've used which include the most recent Harmonia and Bobz builds, if you reboot your phone while plugged in, it will loop to the charging screen. Workarounds are holding the power button while it boots or unplug it and reboot.

I haven't had a black screen issue though, take the battery out for a minute and then try firing it back up.
    zoidberg_md likes this.
    03-25-2012 01:40 PM
    Thanks for you inputs, they are appreciated.

Unfortunately. the issue remains. Plugged it in with a wall charger at Radio Shack and it did the same thing (LG loop) and simply stays black when not plugged in. I find it particularly odd that I can't get into recovery as it worked fine after flashing it like that yesterday. I didn't flash anything after it was loaded, so I presumed that the recovery would have remained in place. And everything was functioning completely glitch free yesterday, smooth as could be.

Further info:
    - I did use MyBackupPro after getting CM 7 on there, but only restored my contacts. I added a few basic apps (twitter, facebook, rdio, gmail, etc.) afterwards through Google Play, but nothing crazy.
    - When I last left my phone, it was on. I didn't power it down last night, just left it plugged in adding to the mystery.
    - ROM loaded was: CM7.2.0RC1-VM670-BobZhome

The most likely scenario in my head is that my cat was mad at me and did a factory reset while I was sleeping. I really can't think of anything else.
    03-25-2012 02:20 PM
    I can confirm on all the IHO roms I've used which include the most recent Harmonia and Bobz builds, if you reboot your phone while plugged in, it will loop to the charging screen. Workarounds are holding the power button while it boots or unplug it and reboot.

I haven't had a black screen issue though, take the battery out for a minute and then try firing it back up.
    Mine and Mirage IHO ROM's do not loop to the charging screen, so not all IHO ROM's while plugged int.
    riggerman and mrg666 like this.
    03-25-2012 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know that about those two roms.Bobzs build didn't do it until the most recent update to fix offline charging. Before you couldn't turn the phone off while plugged in
    03-25-2012 03:10 PM
    Mine and Mirage IHO ROM's do not loop to the charging screen, so not all IHO ROM's while plugged int.
    Thanks for the correction. That problem was fixed long ago. All of the recent IHO builds should be booting okay now while charging.
    03-25-2012 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the correction. That problem was fixed long ago. All of the recent IHO builds should be booting okay now while charging.
    I just can't reboot bobz's build while plugged in after last update. It's really a petty thing. All the roms are great.
    03-25-2012 03:31 PM
    mine is doing this now and im not sure how to fix it
    05-23-2012 01:39 AM
    LG Optimus Slider

[ROM]AreaRom Q v1.5

Installing GingerKernel-VM701-2.6.35 on top of it seemed to fix it for me
    05-23-2012 01:39 AM
    [ROM]AreaRom Q v1.5

I noticed that ROM is for the optimus Q ..the name says it all . We have the optimus V . I dont think we can help you with that ROM
    05-23-2012 01:42 AM
    I noticed that ROM is for the optimus Q ..the name says it all . We have the optimus V . I dont think we can help you with that ROM
    Yeah i figured it out, the roms for the optimus q are flashable to the slider but the kernel is different so you have to overflash a ginger kernel to fix the issues, sorry for asking in the wrong section but we can all help each other here and there =]
    06-03-2012 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD