I have searched for this, but only found it with other phones, sorry in advance if I didn't search hard enough. How do you go about altering the ov's build.prop in order for the market not to say "device not compatible"? I know HOW to change it btw, just not what needs to be changed for our phone Sent from my Glorious OV running tdm's Quattrimus build...not the crap phone listed below
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    03-25-2012 01:15 PM
    I have searched for this, but only found it with other phones, sorry in advance if I didn't search hard enough. How do you go about altering the ov's build.prop in order for the market not to say "device not compatible"? I know HOW to change it btw, just not what needs to be changed for our phone Sent from my Glorious OV running tdm's Quattrimus build...not the crap phone listed below
    I would not change the info some apps are devices specific.
    03-25-2012 01:49 PM
    Edit
    03-25-2012 02:08 PM
    Quite aware of that, lol...why else would I want to change it?

03-25-2012 02:10 PM
    The Optimus V can run apps which according to the devs it can't. Examples include NBA Jam, PES. It's usually games, the Optimus can run these apps so editing the build.prop let's us get these apps.
    03-25-2012 02:13 PM
    Exactly, but what line do I need to change? Model, fingerprint, etc.? And to what? :what:

Sent from my Sweet Satisfaction using Tapatalk
    03-25-2012 02:32 PM
    This is an example of a build.prop edit. All the lines in red are the ones he's altered.
    You're going to want to compare it with a similar device with more options available on the market.
    Although I warn you, I wouldn't pay for any of the apps that aren't compatible. It most likely will be a waste of your money
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1561760
    docliquid likes this.
    03-25-2012 03:44 PM
    This is an example of a build.prop edit. All the lines in red are the ones he's altered.
    You're going to want to compare it with a similar device with more options available on the market.
    Although I warn you, I wouldn't pay for any of the apps that aren't compatible. It most likely will be a waste of your money
    Build.Prop test for ICS - xda-developers
    I've tried doing this, but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm not changing the right stuff, I don't know. If you get it working, could you PM me please?
    03-26-2012 06:17 PM
    I would also like to know what exactly to edit. I change my LCD Density and the Market lists many apps as incompatible which are not, latest case, an app called Smod Forever, which just streams podcasts (Stitcher is a piece of crap or I'd just use that.) Yes, I know there are alternative markets to use, but I'd rather just stick to official Google Play if possible.

EDIT -- Seems this thread is focused on ICS? I'm running Harmonia 2, if that's relevant.
    03-26-2012 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD